Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Plug wrote: »
    Whats the name of this Dance tune, its starts off like "release me" and then it gets into it goes a bit like this "and I want you to believe that i get caught up on the rain" and "I have seen it in this sad world"

I think Mare Brennan sings it, cant get the name. Its a fairly popular tune. It was in a visit Belfast advert.
    Please help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG78-aaumL8

Chicane's Saltwater fits for the Belfast ad and Maire Brennan...the lyrics in your first paragraph however are not from this track...but they do sound very familiar and I'll think of that track later.
    You're either confusing two different tracks or else you're hearing incorrect lyrics in Saltwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im confusing the two, I thought it was one but now when you say it I know what what your on about. Would you be able to get me the second if possible. Thats one of the songs anyway. appreciated. Thanks bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Plug.. the lyrics sound like Delerium's "Silence"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

basquille wrote: »

Ah that's why I couldn't place it...
    Never liked that track, although that's as much down to hearing it waay too much... but Matt Darey's stuff has always irked me for some reason and I like a lot of stuff in that genre.
    Maybe plug heard a mash up? Probably two tracks that would merge well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Anyone know the who is the theme tune off the film True Romance by? Its a cool chill out track ( no lyrics ) played on what sounds like pipes or a xylophone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RATM wrote: »
    Anyone know the who is the theme tune off the film True Romance by? Its a cool chill out track ( no lyrics ) played on what sounds like pipes or a xylophone
    Hans Zimmers "You're So Cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulruigrok1@ho

Does anyone know the name of a song I heard on the radio recently, its kinda eerie with a decent beat to it, I think it says something about dancing until the sun comes up, and dancing like no one is watching.

Does anyone know the name of a song I heard on the radio recently, its kinda eerie with a decent beat to it, I think it says something about dancing until the sun comes up, and dancing like no one is watching.
    I heard that on the ray foley show the other day. Its a real 90's summer tune.

basquille wrote: »

Yes thats it thanks. @Wertz, I'd say your right, 2 tracks mashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Anybody know the Irish band that sing these lyrics, I actually seen this band in ****** last year but still dont know the name of them. Decent song

"And I said Hey babe, were all one of the same, together in joy, together in pain"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I don't suppose any of you were watching the Late Late Show last Friday...no, I didn't think so. Anyhow, the opening act was two Hungarian girls from some circus doing a fancy floor show. What I want to know is what was the music they were dancing to? It's from the early 90's I would guess and is very 4AD/ Dead Can Dance. An ethnic ambient background with a vocal similar to the stuff Liz Fraiser did on the Future Sound of London Lifeforms EP. Thanks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cianos wrote: »
    Ok, there's a reggae track, I've no idea who sings it or what it's called, but the chorus starts with "nightmaaaaaares", so I was presuming the track was called 'nightmares'. It's quite slow moving, and the singer sounds like he is a bit older.

Cheers

Could it be 'Night Nurse'

Here's the Gregory Isaacs version-I think it's been done by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

im sure someone has answered this question already but i havent got time to look, Whats the name of the song for the Brennans bread ad? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hi Folks,

Anyone know the song from the 'Extra' chewing gum ad?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lbourkey

gversey wrote: »
    im sure someone has answered this question already but i havent got time to look, Whats the name of the song for the Brennans bread ad? thanks

It's Thin Lizzy = Running Back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hi

theres a radio ad broadcasting on 2fm at the moment for some HB icecream competition (i think) and its also to do with the Colin and Jim breakfast show (they both feature in the ad), there's a familiar dance track in the background and i cant remember the name of it. it's doing my head in! sorry for the sketchy details but ive only heard the ad once and have searched youtube and other sources and just cannot pinpoint it,

if anyone has a clue what im talking about i would be very grateful!

Anyone know that? I heard it on the ray foley show during the hot weather week. Its a 90's dance tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Tune from the new Sky Arts ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 digforfire

Hi Folks,

Anyone know the song from the 'Extra' chewing gum ad?!

bossman by lucky boy confusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Plug wrote: »
    Anyone know that? I heard it on the ray foley show during the hot weather week. Its a 90's dance tune.

I thinks its David Jordan 'Sun goes down'...

oleary91 wrote: »
    I thinks its David Jordan 'Sun goes down'...
    good try but thats not her:( Its a tune back from the 90's. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Anyone know that song, its on the ad for that laidback anthems CD thats on now. Its got no lyrics I THINK. And its fairly fast and andrenaline-ey and i think its a bit old.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

mru wrote: »
    Tune from the new Sky Arts ad?
    Vampire Weekend / A-Punk (saw it mentioned on the Alternative/Indie Forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Nickleback sing it.
    it goes " I don want it all to seem to go cause you dont know what youve got till its gone, Big paradise, i put up a faulk in life"

I youtubed big paradise but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Nickleback sing it.
    it goes " I don want it all to seem to go cause you dont know what youve got till its gone, Big paradise, i put up a faulk in life"

I youtubed big paradise but nothing.

Could it be The Counting Crows version of "Big Yellow Taxi" you're thinking of?

Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTC6m-a3U9w

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

My mate keeps hearing a tune when he is out and he wants to know the name of it. It goes, "I needed you ooh ooh for so many reasons, I needed you ooh through all seasons" and then the chorus is like "it is over now I love you long enough, now is the time to move" or something along those lines.

Its kinda like a classic house tune maybe from late 90's

Anyone got any idea what it is??? Have googled the lyrics but I only get back websites that give relationship advice lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Thanks a mill Graham, thats the one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 froggy_7

I am going mental trying to find a short mp3 on the net: it's 5 simple notes very often used in 70's and 80's cartoons, when the baddie is about to arrive or when the good guys bump into the baddies! Very hard to describe here... it's full of suspense, scare, anticipation yet very funny.

Sorry for hard challenge here. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill Graham, thats the one!!

Glad I could be of help Barcoe!

Advertisement