Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You must love that jingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

what song/melody do emobiles Ireland use in their recent ad for emobiles ? Here's a link:

http://youtu.be/zNrbvGNB1HQ

the funny thing is that I contacted emobiles Ireland via their Facebook page asking this question and they said they would get back to me, never did and when I persisted with my enquiry, they just blocked me. They are a waste of space but the melody is nice.

I have heard this melody in a mobile ringtone also so this would not be a jingle only as some people have suggested.

You were just given a great answer, did you even bother to read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KickbackYak

Redpunto wrote: »
    Ok bit random

think its a song by Ryan Adams but could be mistaken.. only words i know in chorus

theres goes my....................like a ...............

It wouldn't be this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

It wouldn't be this by any chance?

YAY:):):):) thats it

Thanks so much, its been wreaking me head for the past week :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No bothers Red, happy to be of service!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

whats that 80s techno tune thats played at the end of alan partridge alpha papa??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's an ad for RightMove with a girl going through all these doors and she's in a different house every time. The song sounds a bit like Blondie, maybe. Lyrics are something like... "I sit by and watch the river flow. I sit by and watch the traffic go."

Any ideas?

EDIT: Found it. It is Blondie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It sounds like a piece written for the ad, but whether it's an original piece of music or commissioned for the ad campaign, the ad agency responsible would have all the details. The ad agency that creates and handles emobile's advertising is DDFH&B.

http://www.ddfhb.ie

They have a general enquiries email address. I'm fairly certain that if you address your enquiry to them through that address, they'll forward it to the relevant department and someone will get back to you with the info.

ddfhbinfo@ddfhb.ie

Thanks for your great suggestion. Must get on to them to find out. Or must ring their customer service and ask to speak with somebody in charge and hold the line till the answer is given.

I have been asking the same question over and over again in case somebody has heard the jingle and can identify it. Sorry for that but I believe in achieving results through perseverance and hard work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

What's that song, I think it's in some ads.

Sounds like "It's in your heart, it's your life, its what you want" or something. Then there's some sounds that sounds like whistles. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What's that song, I think it's in some ads.

Sounds like "It's in your heart, it's your life, its what you want" or something. Then there's some sounds that sounds like whistles. :P
    Hardly this? Words are nothing like what you suggest but there's whistling :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Anyone know the music playing in the celtic vs. shatktar ad on rte. Sounds like it has a neil young sample in it.

Hardly this? Words are nothing like what you suggest but there's whistling :pac:

Afraid not :(

I think it's a newish enough song. And has been used in rte ads at some stage i'd say?

Another bit of information may help. Kinda goes something like "It's in your heart...it's your life...it' what you want. That's the chorus and the bass/guitars kicks in then really heavy so not easy know what they're saying :L

And then there's kinda whistling sounds like do do do do do do do, do do do do do do do. Not much help I know.

I think it's a newish enough song. And has been used in rte ads at some stage i'd say?

Another bit of information may help. Kinda goes something like "It's in your heart...it's your life...it' what you want. That's the chorus and the bass/guitars kicks in then really heavy so not easy know what they're saying :L

And then there's kinda whistling sounds like do do do do do do do, do do do do do do do. Not much help I know.

Would it be this?

No. :/

It's a female singer in a band I presume. Has a kind of high pitched voice. Think it was used on rte advertising some new tv series coming up or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,595 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone know the song used in Tropic Thunder film ad on RTE for this Friday night please?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Isotonik

philstar wrote: »
    whats that 80s techno tune thats played at the end of alan partridge alpha papa??

The only one I can think of is Sparks "Number 1 Song In Heaven". I wouldn't call it techno though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TeachAoif

Is it this?

I saw it on an ad and it took me ages to find so hopefully this is it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Yesterday morning I heard a rap on the radio about an Irish sportsman with two Christian names and a surname. Given the day that was in it, I think it must have been a GAA man.
    Does anyone know what the song is? Not much to go on, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This is driving me absolutely bananas, because I should know it.

What's the instrumental track at the very start of this? It crops up on BBC's docus all the time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kAL8w3bEfnA3H23PyaX

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Jill Valentine, it sounds like music from The film American Beauty which was composed by somebody Newman. At least in the style of. .
    If it isn't, it might jog someone's memory

• Advertisement

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Yesterday morning I heard a rap on the radio about an Irish sportsman with two Christian names and a surname. Given the day that was in it, I think it must have been a GAA man.
    Does anyone know what the song is? Not much to go on, sorry.

''Do the Jimmy Barry-Murphy?''

Anybody know the song at the end of this trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Anybody know the song at the end of this trailer?

It's Montana by Youth Lagoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WHxo-qWso

Syndic wrote: »
    It's Montana by Youth Lagoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WHxo-qWso

So it is :) Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anyone know the song in the AIB ad? The words are kinda blurred and hard to make out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

delorentos petardu

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Can anyone name a band with a music video where they are on tour, roughly from 2006-2008, lead singer had an afro and in the video they get a tattoo of the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Lads, this song is driving me mad, it's dance type, sounds a bit like Rihanna but it's not, have done internet search with lyrics but cannot find it. so, here goes:

Chorus

Hey
    put the music on let it play,
    if it feels good let me hear you say,
    turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, turn it up
    say hey

If someone can put me out of my misery fair play!

Thanks

Can anyone name a band with a music video where they are on tour, roughly from 2006-2008, lead singer had an afro and in the video they get a tattoo of the band?

Don't recall the videos but the afro mention brought two bands to mind. Wolfmother or The Mars Volta?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

flutegirl wrote: »
    Lads, this song is driving me mad, it's dance type, sounds a bit like Rihanna but it's not, have done internet search with lyrics but cannot find it. so, here goes:

Chorus

Hey
    put the music on let it play,
    if it feels good let me hear you say,
    turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, turn it up
    say hey

If someone can put me out of my misery fair play!

Thanks

Sounds like it might be some version of this.

Advertisement