Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Knew exactly what song you were talking about when I read your post but for the life of me couldn't think of the band or song title.... so after some hair pulling I finally remembered!

Here it is.... Cry before Dawn : Gone forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Nicola123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song I might be on about, it sounds very much like a country song yet it has been on mainstream 2fm shows the last few days, checked podcasts cant find it... baffled, guy singer, very catchy

Would it be this by any wild chance? This song is getting a lot of air play...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Nicola123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song I might be on about, it sounds very much like a country song yet it has been on mainstream 2fm shows the last few days, checked podcasts cant find it... baffled, guy singer, very catchy

Don't listen to the radio so have no idea if this gets played but it's on the music channels on TV a fair bit lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

So I've heard a song in the my local Supervalue :o the last few times I've been in there.

Male singer, possibly American, reasonably mid tempo song. Descending chord sequence in the main part of the song, like maybe Am-G-F....then the next bit the chords reverse back upwards....F-G-Am, at least thats what it sounds like.

I thought it sounded a bit like Brendan Benson, possibly not. The lyric "This time around/One time around" is repeated at the end of the song (If I remember right)

Any ideas?

Edit: The melody reminded me of the start of this song, kinda similar vocal melody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9Ro0V5ydg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Anyone know what the dance song that goes something like
    Ee bat that dada doh
    be bata bada boh. x3

I think thats what they say or something like that , that's the chorus then there a verse in English but it's too fast to understand.
    I always hear it in clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone know what the dance song that goes something like
    Ee bat that dada doh
    be bata bada boh. x3

I think thats what they say or something like that , that's the chorus then there a verse in English but it's too fast to understand.
    I always hear it in clubs.
    Sounds like that Scatman John song from years ago :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Sounds like that Scatman John song from years ago :pac:

Yeah thats the song thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

what song/melody do emobiles Ireland use in their recent ad for emobiles ? Here's a link:

http://youtu.be/zNrbvGNB1HQ

the funny thing is that I contacted emobiles Ireland via their Facebook page asking this question and they said they would get back to me, never did and when I persisted with my enquiry, they just blocked me. They are a waste of space but the melody is nice.

• Advertisement

what song/melody do emobiles Ireland use in their recent ad for emobiles ? Here's a link:

the funny thing is that I contacted emobiles Ireland via their Facebook page asking this question and they said they would get back to me, never did and when I persisted with my enquiry, they just blocked me. They are a waste of space but the melody is nice.

Just a jingle I would presume.

Just a jingle I would presume.

if it is, what melody or where to get it ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Doubt you would be able to get it, more than likely someone that makes jingles did it for them. It wouldnt have a name or be by a specific artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Anyone know the song for the bord bia ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

What's the song on the current AIB advert which is filmed from the DART bridge over the Liffey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

sticksman wrote: »
    What's the song on the current AIB advert which is filmed from the DART bridge over the Liffey?

Song on the Persil small and mighty ad with the little girl walking through a field in a pretty dress and loads of stuff is thrown at her. It sounds a little like Band of Horses, maybe, and the only lyrics I could hear were "Now and forever...."

Think it's M83 - Outro.
    I've heard it in an ad lately but not sure if it was Persil.

Think that's it yeah. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Does anyone know the name of either the song or the female singer on the new O2 advert currently on RTE? Tune contains some jaunty drum playing with lyrics that go something like this (could be hearing them totally wrong!) :o

"Who are you, to sanctify the universe"

Thanks for any help! :)

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

does anyone know the name of a song thats been laying on spin sw lately i think will i am and someone else is in it but it isnt bang bang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    does anyone know the name of a song thats been laying on spin sw lately i think will i am and someone else is in it but it isnt bang bang

This?

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »

Ke$ha - Crazy People?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of either the song or the female singer on the new O2 advert currently on RTE? Tune contains some jaunty drum playing with lyrics that go something like this (could be hearing them totally wrong!) :o

"Who are you, to sanctify the universe"

Thanks for any help! :)

It's "Who made you the centre of the universe" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

RikkFlair wrote: »
    It's "Who made you the centre of the universe" :)

That's the one!! thank you so much Rickflair. A fantastic tune! :)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Does anyone know the name of the song on the Aldi Advert please?

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song on the Aldi Advert please?

The one for Irish meat? Pretty sure it's this...

I have heard this melody in a mobile ringtone also so this would not be a jingle only as some people have suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

I was just curious to know does anyone know what the music that starts playing at 0.23 is?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Anyone know the piece of music at 7:47:05 (right after the voice says "We're Back!")

Click this link and you should be able to go directly to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ7h07VUvtM&t=7h47m05s

The show is from 1995 so whatever it is is probably from around that time too. Thanks.

Advertisement