Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've had a song stuck in my head the last few days and its driving me mad because i dont know the name of it.

I think it might have been released over the last few months as ive heard a few times around April/May i think.

It's got a Caribbean guy singing the chorus with the song being a kind of Caribbean/reggae sounding song.

And the last bit of the chorus it sounds like he's saying "everyday of my life" or something similiar.

I'm going mad trying to find out what the song is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I've had a song stuck in my head the last few days and its driving me mad because i dont know the name of it.

I think it might have been released over the last few months as ive heard a few times around April/May i think.

It's got a Caribbean guy singing the chorus with the song being a kind of Caribbean/reggae sounding song.

And the last bit of the chorus it sounds like he's saying "everyday of my life" or something similiar.

I know this answer is wrong but your description reminded me of:

Stuck myself trying to find the name of the song from the espn.co.uk/nextseason advert, anyone seen it and know the song?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mickc10

Lads, mad to find out who this band is. Girlfirend came across them on some street in Dublin and would love to catch them live if anyone knows, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

This is driving me completely mad...I was given an album by a record promoter in summer of about 1991. It was by an Irish female singer songwriter and absolutely amazing.

The main song was called "Ultimate Love" (which may have been the title of the Album too), another track was called "Triganon"...

TO MY HORROR the cassette has got lost...and I don't even know if it was ever released though it was fully finished, covers and all.

Can't find a trace of it online...

Any ideas at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

This song has been out while but could it be this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Syndic wrote: »
    This song has been out while but could it be this?

Yes thats it thank you. It was driving me mad not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Song played on Tim Kellys Show on Today Fm this morning at around 6.15 just before pharells song. Anyone know it or can i listen to that show again and get the song?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

what song/melody do emobiles Ireland use in their recent ad for emobiles ? Here's a link:

http://youtu.be/zNrbvGNB1HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Trying like mad to find this song from the first few seconds of this trailer. Certain I have heard it before have a feeling its from the 60s . The guitar riff from 0.06-0.12 seconds in this trailer. Many Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApJNjPTqZs

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Luno wrote: »
    Anyone know who rings the any advert where the lyrics are like run run. There dinosaurs and horses running on a beach foe the video?

I saw that in the cinema there the other day reckon it sounds a little like the Black keys could be (most likely) worng though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

tim3000 wrote: »
    Trying like mad to find this song from the first few seconds of this trailer. Certain I have heard it before have a feeling its from the 60s . The guitar riff from 0.06-0.12 seconds in this trailer. Many Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApJNjPTqZs

Link Wray - Rumble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

This is driving me crazy, there is an ad all over the radio at the moment for The xx at the pod. The first 5 seconds is some sort of epic tune that I dont know what it is, anybody have any ideas???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

tim3000 wrote: »
    I saw that in the cinema there the other day reckon it sounds a little like the Black keys could be (most likely) worng though

It was already posted, its Kill It Kid - Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDeRyvnPN5k

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Anyone know what this song is? (about 30 seconds of guitar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_YKhaLQVo&t=2h10m25s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

^^^
    That's a 9 hour video, you might want to give a time...

The song on the ad for The XX is The XX - Intro if it's the same ad I heard today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

^^^
    That's a 9 hour video, you might want to give a time...

It directed to the part he was referring to.

Ah right, sorry. I was on my phone and it just played from the start :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know the song from the bmw sale ad on tv atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song from the bmw sale ad on tv atm?

Sail by Awolnation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I heard a song on Radio Na Life on saturday afternoon.As far as i remember the show was playing just Irish acts because they played Future Kings Of Spain "Venetian Blinds" and Boomtown Rats "I Don't Like Mondays"

But there was one song they played and i have heard it many time over the years and as far as i remember it is a late-90s early 2000s song.It is sung by a female singer and the only lyrics i can remember is what i think is the chorus of the song "Sometimes i feel like.....".She starts each part in a high tone and drops down a few notes mid sentence and goes up high again and there is a laid back feel to the song with a laid back beat

Any idea at all what this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Rud wrote: »
    I heard a song on Radio Na Life on saturday afternoon.As far as i remember the show was playing just Irish acts because they played Future Kings Of Spain "Venetian Blinds" and Boomtown Rats "I Don't Like Mondays"

But there was one song they played and i have heard it many time over the years and as far as i remember it is a late-90s early 2000s song.It is sung by a female singer and the only lyrics i can remember is what i think is the chorus of the song "Sometimes i feel like.....".She starts each part in a high tone and drops down a few notes mid sentence and goes up high again and there is a laid back feel to the song with a laid back beat

Any idea at all what this could be?

I thought it was this but it doesn't fit into the timescale, (or nationality :))

what song/melody do emobiles Ireland use in their recent ad for emobiles ? Here's a link:

the funny thing is that I contacted emobiles Ireland via their Facebook page asking this question and they said they would get back to me, never did and when I persisted with my enquiry, they just blocked me. They are a waste of space but the melody is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

the funny thing is that I contacted emobiles Ireland via their Facebook page asking this question and they said they would get back to me, never did and when I persisted with my enquiry, they just blocked me. They are a waste of space but the melody is nice.

It could well be just specifically written for that ad by an anonymous composer to be an honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nicola123

Does anyone know the song I might be on about, it sounds very much like a country song yet it has been on mainstream 2fm shows the last few days, checked podcasts cant find it... baffled, guy singer, very catchy

Nicola123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song I might be on about, it sounds very much like a country song yet it has been on mainstream 2fm shows the last few days, checked podcasts cant find it... baffled, guy singer, very catchy

Maybe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Nicola123 wrote: »

Or This?

It could well be just specifically written for that ad by an anonymous composer to be an honest.

No, I have heard this melody on a ringtone before.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cmac

Anyone know the song currently being used by RTE 2 to promote tonight's (Tuesday, July 9th) episode of The Walking Dead?
    The only lyrics I can make out are "run, run, run...???...hide". Too generic to get anything conclusive from Goggle. It's a guitar track but sounds a bit like a remix of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement