Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Probably not the best description but I heard a song on i102 the other day from an Irish band that I never heard of before, they seem to be getting a lot of airtime recently and I cannot for the life of me remember what they or their song is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

curry-muff wrote: »
    Probably not the best description but I heard a song on i102 the other day from an Irish band that I never heard of before, they seem to be getting a lot of airtime recently and I cannot for the life of me remember what they or their song is called.

Is it Royseven by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ana36

Not sure if I'm on the right thread for this question but since I don't know could I'll ask anyway and hope for the best.......... I'd love to know the name of the piece of music used in the Hyundai ix35 add. Thanks

Actually...never mind...found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭marshmallowx

curry-muff wrote: »

Is it Radio? the Canyew Tree (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it's an Irish band, and i'm fairly sure it's not Royseven, only part of the song i can describe is just before the chorus the singer goes "Woah, woah, woah, woah, 1 2 3 4..." and some fast singing... Savage song, heard it on Beat (Waterford) a few times, and they won't text me back! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DJ Rat

Hey guys i'm looking for two bits of music that were on League Sunday on RTE last Sunday. Here's a link to the episode on the RTE player:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1094951
    The first one is at 0:44 when hes giving an overview of the matches and the second is at 18:51 before they go to an ad break. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Would really love it if someone could help with this:

Late 1970s (possibly early 80s) Irish TV programme with Aongus McAnally - think it was called Anything Goes.

There was a band in studio (with the studio done up to look like French cafe)... there were accordions...
    Lyrics were along the lines of "dance dance dance, romance, romance, what's got into those ??? days".

Kinda reminds me of Sparks.

Every so often I search for the lyrics.... But I reckon I'll never find it.

Ana36 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm on the right thread for this question but since I don't know could I'll ask anyway and hope for the best.......... I'd love to know the name of the piece of music used in the Hyundai ix35 add. Thanks

Found it....its a piece by pianist Joe Hisaishi called Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    I've heard a song in a supermarket and I'm trying to find name of it.

There's a woman/girl singing in a Foreign Language but I'm pretty sure she only sings a chorus as i remember it being mainly maybe a club music song.

all I can vaguely remember is the lyrics being something like:
    "weeeee del um del ai"

and then the next line being something similar like:
    "ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

It didn't sound particularly spanish but I'm not sure. Given the words are so vague in my head.

I tried humming into midomi.com but not luck.

It doesn't have that usual drum beat that is in most dance music songs (the kind you can jump/exercise easily to) from what I remember.

Anyone have any thoughts?

hope ye all don't mind me bumping this. i'm still interested in finding out.

anyone?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVhcYATfA9w

OK so I finally have a clip of this instrumental, I know someone can help!
    It's starts from 1.05 to 2.05 approx! I would love to get a title for this beautiful track that I hear everywhere but don't know :(

Thanks in advance if someone can help *excitement* :)

Mobdy/ Unkle - God Moving Over The Face of the Waters.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

There's a woman/girl singing in a Foreign Language but I'm pretty sure she only sings a chorus as i remember it being mainly maybe a club music song.

"weeeee del um del ai"

"ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

It didn't sound particularly spanish but I'm not sure. Given the words are so vague in my head.

It doesn't have that usual drum beat that is in most dance music songs (the kind you can jump/exercise easily to) from what I remember.

Maybe this? There's been a few different versions / mixes of it over the years . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

"weeeee del um del ai"

"ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

I reckon your looking for "Sunchyme" by Dario G which is a remix of "Life in a Northern Town" by dream academy

no luck there, I'm thinking maybe it's a spanish song but it didn't sound like the spanish language, more like a middle eastern or asian language

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Anyone know the name of that annoying song in the TK-maxx ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Mobdy/ Unkle - God Moving Over The Face of the Waters.

:)

O my............ This has made me so fcuking happy! You have no idea how long it has taken me to find this out.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

"weeeee del um del ai"

"ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

Gonna chance mentioning this song [/QUOTE]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anybody know the ad in the new KFC advert, something about family. Sounds a bit like Adele kind of style but I'm pretty sure it's not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it's an Irish band, and i'm fairly sure it's not Royseven, only part of the song i can describe is just before the chorus the singer goes "Woah, woah, woah, woah, 1 2 3 4..." and some fast singing... Savage song, heard it on Beat (Waterford) a few times, and they won't text me back! :(

Found it!

Ryan Sheridan - The Dreamer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

hope ye all don't mind me bumping this. i'm still interested in finding out.

anyone?:(

who would you compare the female voice to, would it be like shakira? and old on new club song - do you mean dance music and is there anything specific you can remember about the sound, drums, beats, brass etc. slow or fast song

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Package wrote: »
    still cant get this :(

Originally Posted by Package View Post
    cant remember the name o fthis and its killing me.

it was a lovely little animated video with a main carachter who is a bit sad, and i think he gets chased by dogs and there is a car crash. lovely song too, kinda slow and meloncholy, kinda like a BUsh song or something

kinda like these caracters

pon and zi

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Package wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Package View Post
    cant remember the name o fthis and its killing me.

it was a lovely little animated video with a main carachter who is a bit sad, and i think he gets chased by dogs and there is a car crash. lovely song too, kinda slow and meloncholy, kinda like a BUsh song or something

kinda like these caracters

pon and zi

Total guess here but is it "Rocky Took A Lover" by Bell X1? I can't find the proper video on youtube but I remember there being little cartoon characters in it.

These guys... 0000041916_182.jpg

You can hear the song in this video

O my............ This has made me so fcuking happy! You have no idea how long it has taken me to find this out.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!:D

Very glad to help, always.

Question of my own though. Anybody know what's the music in the Sky Atlantic promo for Game of Thrones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This is a very vague description so I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm on about. But I'm looking for a dance/electronic track, where the only lyrics (afaik) are a woman, half-singing/half-whispering the words "I love it". She has an accent, so it sounds more like "Eye luff eeet." :D

I think it was out in the '90's, and it was used on TV ads and stuff (but I can't remember what for, of course >.<)

If anyone knows what I'm on about, it would be great. I'm starting to worry I completely made this song up! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This is a very vague description so I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm on about. But I'm looking for a dance/electronic track, where the only lyrics (afaik) are a woman, half-singing/half-whispering the words "I love it". She has an accent, so it sounds more like "Eye luff eeet." :D

I think it was out in the '90's, and it was used on TV ads and stuff (but I can't remember what for, of course >.<)

If anyone knows what I'm on about, it would be great. I'm starting to worry I completely made this song up! :o

Bentley Rhythm Ace - Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWl77o3l50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Bentley Rhythm Ace - Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWl77o3l50

Wow! Wasn't expecting a reply so quickly. :) Thanks a million.

kerash wrote: »
    who would you compare the female voice to, would it be like shakira? and old on new club song - do you mean dance music and is there anything specific you can remember about the sound, drums, beats, brass etc. slow or fast song

hmmmm, not as full bodied a voice as shakira but maybe a little similar

not much heavy bass or drums. I'd say it's a dance song, at medium speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Very glad to help, always.

Question of my own though. Anybody know what's the music in the Sky Atlantic promo for Game of Thrones?
    Is it this music?
    (I don't know what it is, just making sure it's the right ad)

No, I'm afraid not. It's got a neat little guitar hook - almost Nine In Nail-ish, I think? - and ends with the image of the throne with wings superimposed.

Can't even find the same ad on youtube, funny enough.

EDIT: Although it is on Sky Atlantic's own website, duh Jill.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-new-trailer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looking for a dance track with the lyrics 'live your life, live your sexy life'.
    It is NOT Rihanna, thanks.

Advertisement