Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song on the o2 add from the radio? I really have no leads on it at all!

which ad? o2 have quite a large advertising campaign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

KylieWyley wrote: »
    which ad? o2 have quite a large advertising campaign...

The Radio, ive heard it twice , i cant describe the song to save my life im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

Am looking for some help in finding a name of a song currently on more4. Its an ad for "U.S. drama on more4" for "The Big C", "The Good Wife" and "Brothers and Sisters"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

RopeDrink wrote: »
    On girlfriends request:

"A song popped into my head and I can't think of what it is or who sings it. The words are something like "Let go, let go, don't give up, you'll get what you're waiting for" then there's a bit that's like "Cause there's beauty in the..." don't know what the next word is..."

Frou Frou - Let Go. Best known from the movie Garden State.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

KylieWyley wrote: »
    Anybody know the music from the Opel - Wir Leben Autos ad? I fear it may be a commissioned piece but I hope not because it's so beautiful :)

its False King by Two Steps from Hell, a lovely song. they're the same production company who did the song for the Sunday Tribune and their music is also used in some movie trailers at the moment including Priests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Great song actually, I'd forgotten all about it.

I love this thread for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Can someone tell me the song at 6 minute mark here please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Jigga wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the song at 6 minute mark here please? Thanks

Its Cold Water Music, by Aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48e-FbvQzbM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

OK on the BBC they're advertising the Formula One starting and it shows the date 27.03.11 on a grey backdrop.

Anywho it starts with a bassline on its own and eventually a guitar builds itself up. I've definitely heard it before and I'm 100% sure that RTE have used it to advertise motorsport as well, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Flecktarn wrote: »
    OK on the BBC they're advertising the Formula One starting and it shows the date 27.03.11 on a grey backdrop.

Anywho it starts with a bassline on its own and eventually a guitar builds itself up. I've definitely heard it before and I'm 100% sure that RTE have used it to advertise motorsport as well, any ideas?

Sounds like "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac - BBC have been using that with their Formula 1 coverage for a long time

(familiar part starts about 3 minutes in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what song is being whistled here?

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vL5z4fiKf7vyKavgr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

teekayd25 wrote: »
    Sounds like "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac - BBC have been using that with their Formula 1 coverage for a long time

(familiar part starts about 3 minutes in)

Thank you so much man!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I've heard a song in a supermarket and I'm trying to find name of it.

There's a woman/girl singing in a Foreign Language but I'm pretty sure she only sings a chorus as i remember it being mainly maybe a club music song.

all I can vaguely remember is the lyrics being something like:
    "weeeee del um del ai"

and then the next line being something similar like:
    "ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

It didn't sound particularly spanish but I'm not sure. Given the words are so vague in my head.

I tried humming into midomi.com but not luck.

It doesn't have that usual drum beat that is in most dance music songs (the kind you can jump/exercise easily to) from what I remember.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

--LOS-- wrote: »
    what song is being whistled here?

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vL5z4fiKf7vyKavgr

It's this!!

Have many peoples heads wrecked with this the last few days, streaming the show I heard it in to find it etc, I look forward to some sleep now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I have this song in my head, it seems like a real type of inspiration song. I can only remember the song is sung by an english singer, but it is the background noise outside of the snare/hi-hat/guitar/voice that makes the song for me.

I can remember hearing it recently as I think I was on an insurance ad on TV.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

What the music in the Hyundai i35 ad? Or does it have any, is it just background music?

Edit:
    The song is a sort of mixture between Joe Hisaishi's Summer and Green Day's Time of Your Life.

The instrumental without the talking is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYO2Y-gs9JA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Briaink

I found out that it was composed for the ad by someone called vanessa james, so the minute long piece is all that there is unfortunatlly. Heres a link to her site anyway: http://www.vanessajamesmusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Popular classical song at around 4:05 but I cant remember the name for the life of me:(
    Anyone know?
    (Hilarious video too btw:P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ferw30pUo&feature=feedrec_grec_index

What the music in the Hyundai i35 ad? Or does it have any, is it just background music?

Edit:
    The song is a sort of mixture between Joe Hisaishi's Summer and Green Day's Time of Your Life.

The instrumental without the talking is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYO2Y-gs9JA

The ads has some singing alright in it. The singers appears to have a scouse accent, and the vocals effects are done up to be "bigger than life".

Thinking now, it has a guitar piece in it too which basically loops over and over. The background noise is a symphony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Popular classical song at around 4:05 but I cant remember the name for the life of me:(
    Anyone know?
    (Hilarious video too btw:P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ferw30pUo&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Its Radetzky March, Strauss :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Plambey wrote: »
    its False King by Two Steps from Hell, a lovely song. they're the same production company who did the song for the Sunday Tribune and their music is also used in some movie trailers at the moment including Priests

awesome, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swish87

I have been asked to try and find a song, but I only have the video description, and possibly some lyrics, the video shows a blonde girl and she arrives at a house party but she is there to work at it as a waitress, then as it goes on she ends up singing with the band on the stage in the house. I think in the chorus it starts with "I don't want you" or something to that effect?

Any help would be great!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Swish87 wrote: »
    I have been asked to try and find a song, but I only have the video description, and possibly some lyrics, the video shows a blonde girl and she arrives at a house party but she is there to work at it as a waitress, then as it goes on she ends up singing with the band on the stage in the house. I think in the chorus it starts with "I don't want you" or something to that effect?

Any help would be great!

Mistake by Stephanie McIntosh. She used to be in Neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

anyone know the piece that starts at 23 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

heard a band lastnight. they played a really cool and funny nelson mandela song. couldn't catch the words right and didn't ask them the name of the song, stupid me. the words went along the lines of "nelson mandela, nelson mandela, **somethin somethin somethin**, such a nice/sound fella". Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Anyone know the name of the song thats played on the Euro 2012 coverage on rte? its played when they go to an ad break

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Oman wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song thats played on the Euro 2012 coverage on rte? its played when they go to an ad break

yes, this, please!

It's played just as they go to and come back from an ad break.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Anyone know this song, the main part I remember is from the chorus

"Say you will, say you will, say you will."

It has a "Futuristic" edge to it. I am almost certain it is from the 80s but don't quote me on it. It is not the foreigner song, it has 3 "Say you wills" in the chorus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVhcYATfA9w

OK so I finally have a clip of this instrumental, I know someone can help!
    It's starts from 1.05 to 2.05 approx! I would love to get a title for this beautiful track that I hear everywhere but don't know :(

Thanks in advance if someone can help *excitement* :)

Advertisement