Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

m1002272 wrote: »
    I think this might me the song you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKUp3lrg-I

Unfortunately not :(

The song I am trying to find is more ballad-y/country sounding and I am almost sure it was mid to late 70's or possibly very early 80's.

As I said I think is was a song about a late night Dj and the bit I remember I am sure was the chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dom87

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Song in the ad for ross kemp extreme worlds advert

It used to be the 02 songs years ago? it sounds like dj shadow/leftfield but i can fidn it

I tried looking for ages and you were right it was DJ Shadow and the name of the track is "Blood on the Motorway" its available on iTunes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Can anyone tell me the music used on the FROM HERE TO MATERNITY promo RTE are airing on the telly at the moment.

Link to shows page is here - http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/from_here_to_maternity.html - but alas, no promo video there for some strange reason!

Heard this song many times on TV nut could never figure out what it was!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dom87

Its DJ Shadow "Blood on the Motorway". Its available on iTunes, though i'm yet to find an instrumental version

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

silverwex wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the music used on the FROM HERE TO MATERNITY promo RTE are airing on the telly at the moment.

Link to shows page is here - http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/from_here_to_maternity.html - but alas, no promo video there for some strange reason!

Heard this song many times on TV nut could never figure out what it was!

Thanks
    You might have better luck in the 'What's That Song Thread'..

.. moved there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Whats the song from 12:22 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLvGTBAiIc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m1002272

m1002272 wrote: »
    Hi there, does anyone know what the song is on the football add on rte2 at the moment??

Its for live football coverage, possibly for the champions league!

thanks!!

no ideas yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

dom87 wrote: »
    I tried looking for ages and you were right it was DJ Shadow and the name of the track is "Blood on the Motorway" its available on iTunes:)

Thanks Dom

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

I was in River Island last friday and they were playing a song with 'mexico' in the chorus. I know that is almost nothing to work with but it might spark off with someone ... :)

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

LoveGreen wrote: »
    I was in River Island last friday and they were playing a song with 'mexico' in the chorus. I know that is almost nothing to work with but it might spark off with someone ... :)

thanks

Mexico by Mundy?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

thanks for the reply tickle_me_elmo,

Sorry I should of said its not Mundy, incubus, jefferson airplane, cake, Toby Keith or James Taylor. I dont think the song is called mexico but it is repeated a few times in it.
    I cant really remember much about it, I assumed it was relatively new since I never heard it before but I guess alot of the music River Island play is not the kind you hear often on the radio? I don't go there too often either

LoveGreen wrote: »
    thanks for the reply tickle_me_elmo,

Sorry I should of said its not Mundy, incubus, jefferson airplane, cake, Toby Keith or James Taylor. I dont think the song is called mexico but it is repeated a few times in it.
    I cant really remember much about it, I assumed it was relatively new since I never heard it before but I guess alot of the music River Island play is not the kind you hear often on the radio? I don't go there too often either

Male or female? Dancy, poppy, rocky?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Whats the name of this song in the background?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50t2cziIMc

Glenman wrote: »
    Whats the name of this song in the background?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50t2cziIMc

Jump by Van Halen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 R1zbear

i think the one in john tucker must die is the real version im listening to it now and i thnik its cheap trick.thanks for the help people
    I also think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Guys i heard a song on the radio the other day and i think the woman said it was by Buffalo Springfield so I went through the songs I could find on youtube and I couldnt find it.

It was done on acoustic guitar, with a tiny bit of electric n one part and also some banjo in there. there were also some vocal harmonies in parts and a constant gallopy drum beat.

I cant remember the lyrics but I think they were something about an old man??

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Guys i heard a song on the radio the other day and i think the woman said it was by Buffalo Springfield so I went through the songs I could find on youtube and I couldnt find it.

It was done on acoustic guitar, with a tiny bit of electric n one part and also some banjo in there. there were also some vocal harmonies in parts and a constant gallopy drum beat.

I cant remember the lyrics but I think they were something about an old man??

Any help appreciated!

Old man - Neil Young?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thats the one!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carolannephil

Hi, anyone know the song used at end credits for tonights 'this sporting life' featuring Michael Caruths....Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sainttrap

I wonder can anyone help me with this one?? It was a song that I heard on Ray Darcy's show about 4-5 years ago. They were an Irish band maybe with "Family" in their name and the chorus went something like " but my luck is about to change"??

Hi, anyone know the song used at end credits for tonights 'this sporting life' featuring Michael Caruths....Thanks

Eyes by Rogue Wave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dunno how i thought of this but anyway.Song a good few years ago became famous enough for some ad.The first like 15-30 seconds of it were good and was featured in the ad but the rest of the song just turned into a pile of poo..Anyone know what im on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Soby wrote: »
    Dunno how i thought of this but anyway.Song a good few years ago became famous enough for some ad.The first like 15-30 seconds of it were good and was featured in the ad but the rest of the song just turned into a pile of poo..Anyone know what im on about?

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

sainttrap wrote: »
    I wonder can anyone help me with this one?? It was a song that I heard on Ray Darcy's show about 4-5 years ago. They were an Irish band maybe with "Family" in their name and the chorus went something like " but my luck is about to change"??

Any chance it was The Lighthouse Family - Lifted?

EDIT:Nope didn'y work... gotta do more research :(

(really hoping the youtube link works, first timer lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Final go at posting this... research done ... fingerscrossed :o

Total success!! lolololol happy day

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sainttrap

eskimocat wrote: »
    Any chance it was The Lighthouse Family - Lifted?

EDIT:Nope didn'y work... gotta do more research :(

(really hoping the youtube link works, first timer lol)

Cheers for the effort but no thats not it. Some Ray Darcy Show fanatic out there is my best shot of solving this I d say..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Hopefully ok to post this here....possible wild goose chase. Looking for the name of a sonic youth that had a pulsing electronic beat behind it (not typical for them, I know) if my memory serves me correctly. I imagine this song is pre 2004.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Orichalcum93

Anyone know the name of the song that's played in BFBC 2 Vietnam?? The one played in the title screen it goes like "it ain't me, it aiiiiiiiiiin't me!" :p thanks for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

Anyone know the name of the song that's played in BFBC 2 Vietnam?? The one played in the title screen it goes like "it ain't me, it aiiiiiiiiiin't me!" :p thanks for help

at a guess i'd say it's bob dylan "it ain't me babe"

Advertisement