Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with Flipper

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

what were you studying in college that prepared you for poker? law?

do you find that having a superiority complex hinders you in any way?

how come you havent moved to Vegas yet ? where all the pros make millions

is your hair up like a flipper in order to cover up your pointed head?

when did your ship land on earth and why did you select Ireland, Cork in particular?

when you tell people at the card table that you think they are awsome, what do you really mean? and remember, this is a family show.

if you could have any part of your body turned into a bionic part, which would it be and why ? (above the waist only please)

when you crashed your car, what was the first thing that came into your head ?? (except the windscreen)

you mentioned a girlfriend earlier, was this true ?? did she go somewhere with you in public willingly? and never once ask you to do something with your hair?

did you ever consider ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry, faulty button and not a very good question in the first place

have you played against George Mc Keever?? and how would you rate him ?
    marks out of 1000 please, and assuming of course that you dont get confused and rate yourself instead and post 1100.

discribe yourself in 3 words or less
    leaving any words out that mean great or super

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

ocallagh wrote:
    sry to hijack flipper,

Thanks jeoff, I keep on hearing about west wing but haven't watched a single episode. The Wire (http://www.hbo.com/thewire/) is also excellent, another HBO classic. It got very little coverage in ireland but is on a par with sopranos if not ahead of it.. I downloaded Season 1 a while back and I'm hooked. It's about drug dealers and detectives in baltimore, but is not just another cop show. It follows an individual case over 13 episodes each season. It goes into huge detail and develops the characters really well. I think they're showing season 4 on Sci Fi or something now... but I have first 3 seasons if anyone wants them?

yeah its hard not to sound like some sort of evangelical nutcase talking about the wire,but it really is by far the best thing that i've ever seen on tv,its astonishingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

robinlacey wrote:
    yeah its hard not to sound like some sort of evangelical nutcase talking about the wire,but it really is by far the best thing that i've ever seen on tv,its astonishingly good

nutball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

The-Rigger wrote:
    nutball.
    if you watch it you will understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

1)what were you studying in college that prepared you for poker? law?

2) do you find that having a superiority complex hinders you in any way?

3) how come you havent moved to Vegas yet ? where all the pros make millions

4) is your hair up like a flipper in order to cover up your pointed head?

5) when did your ship land on earth and why did you select Ireland, Cork in particular?

6)when you tell people at the card table that you think they are awsome, what do you really mean? and remember, this is a family show.

7) if you could have any part of your body turned into a bionic part, which would it be and why ? (above the waist only please)

8) when you crashed your car, what was the first thing that came into your head ?? (except the windscreen)

9) you mentioned a girlfriend earlier, was this true ?? did she go somewhere with you in public willingly? and never once ask you to do something with your hair?

10) did you ever consider ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry, faulty button and not a very good question in the first place

11)have you played against George Mc Keever?? and how would you rate him ?
    marks out of 1000 please, and assuming of course that you dont get confused and rate yourself instead and post 1100.

12) discribe yourself in 3 words or less leaving any words out that mean great or super
    1) I did one year of a Mechanical Engineering Degree before doing two years of Arts in UCC. My subjects were Economics and Maths.

2) I don't think I have a superiority complex.

3) The chances of me becoming a true poker-pro is about 1%. I have too much here to leave.

4) No comment

5) Many years ago and because Cork is a great city for college and general pissing about during my years in college.

6) Ummm, depends. I'd rarely mean it because there isn't many decent players playing in Ireland. If I'm saying it, it's usually to build their confidence and increase their bluff %.

7) Has to be the arms I guess... If I'm guessing correctly what bionics really is.

8) Honestly? I hope my Rolex is ok. It's strange the stuff that goes through your head in those situations.

9) Lol, ya amazingly someone puts up with me. Her name is Louise and she likes my hair... I think :confused: Not as much as you do apparantly!

10) wp sir.

11) I've never had the pleasure as far as I can remember. I hear he's a nice guy.

12) Grumpy, unfit and snappy dresser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

3 words or less was all i asked for

i was expecting less, not more

actually the only question i was interested in was the "calling someone awsome" one

thanx

your attempts to annoy people at the tables are brill. though personally i have always found it amusing to watch players that are watching you, waiting for the next quip or smart alec remark that will put them on edge.

so, the next time you call me awsome, at least i will know that you will be expecting a bluff

or were you bluffing with your answer ?

i saw you knock d masters off a hand by correctly guessing his cards and pretending you wanted a call, when you had feck all

try that on me sometime ,,,,please

you really are awsome :cool:

oh yeah, i wont ask why you wanted bionic arms, as i said earlier, its a family show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

robinlacey wrote:

Have the three box sets myself by far the best thing on tv alot of people dont even know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Flipper wrote:
    8) Honestly? I hope my Rolex is ok. It's strange the stuff that goes through your head in those situations.

I think a shrink could have a field day with this. Bops any thoughts on this answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Flipper wrote:
    nicnicnic wrote:
    I think a shrink could have a field day with this. Bops any thoughts on this answer

Well in my professional opinion it was a typo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

nicnicnic wrote:

Absolutely no comment!

...though if you think about it: if you still had your arm your watch is probably still fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement