Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Brilliant headline from the SBP today:

iXSF1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

This inexplicable statement seems to be popping up all around Galway these days.

03042011215.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

96336_700b.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

MgQN1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

20de3b134e27fa130e469a59b10e41d2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

physicists-590x472.jpg

creationism_304685.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Repost perhaps?

1c1a5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Mein Kampf isn't banned everywhere in Europe, just the same states that have holocaust denying laws, Germany, Austria et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

tumblr_lgot0d6Wln1qh1nx7o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

A Vatican insider notices the distinction between hackers and crackers. And while (as usual) he claims ownership of ethical behavior for his church, he does go on to say that it was sometimes easier to sympathize with a hacker than a fellow-catholic:

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/382267/vatican_publication_rehabilitates_hackers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stolen from YLYL

if-gay-marriage-were-legalized-29587-1302112762-30.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

biko wrote: »
    Repost perhaps?

1c1a5.jpg

Hitler was a vegetarian.No
    Hitler is loved by Muslims? No
    Killed art and music? Never heard of islamic art and music, really?

I'm not a huge fan of islam but word fail me! Even the BNP wouldn't come up with this, wait they probably would.

Lets try something equally as selective.
    Mohammed: married 2 jewish women. Hitler: tried to wipe Jews out.

Islam: created great leaps forward in medicine and mathematics while europe was in the dark ages
    Nazism: tried to make great leaps forward by experimenting on jewish and gypsy children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Killed art and music? Never heard of islamic art and music, really?

I'm not a huge fan of islam but word fail me! Even the BNP wouldn't come up with this, wait they probably would.

Lets try something equally as selective.
    Mohammed: married 2 jewish women. Hitler: tried to wipe Jews out.

Islam: created great leaps forward in medicine and mathematics while europe was in the dark ages
    Nazism: tried to make great leaps forward by experimenting on jewish and gypsy children.

n1ys60.jpg

strobe wrote: »
    n1ys60.jpg

Sorry, I cant ****ing read. Sorry strobe and anyone else who got this in email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

brilliant. I love the way you rebutted it by taking part of my username and then saying it

I also do balloon animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Killed art and music? Never heard of islamic art and music, really?.

I think what that's referring to is the spread of the belief that the Koran contains all knowledge, and therefore nothing else need be read. Pre-Islamic middle-eastern society was a seat of great art, music and literature (as well as, as you say, mathematics), but it hasn't produced much since that culture took over.

strobe wrote: »
    I also do balloon animals.

sorry about that strobe, clearly i cant read this morning. I think its a mixture of being blinded by rage at reading a racist thread on the politics forum and another on AH, plus memes on you laugh you lose. all i need is an anti traveller one to send me off the deepend. and its not even 11 o clock

• Advertisement

I think what that's referring to is the spread of the belief that the Koran contains all knowledge, and therefore nothing else need be read. Pre-Islamic middle-eastern society was a seat of great art, music and literature (as well as, as you say, mathematics), but it hasn't produced much since that culture took over.

There has been tonnes of advanvcement in art, archetecture, music, mathematics and medicine since Islam took over in the middle wast while we were drinking our own piss and sticking leeches up our arse to cure possesion.

there's pleanty of stuff to criticise about Islam, christianity or any religion. But saying it stiffled all civilisation just is not true. And the thing about muslims loving hitler crossed the line into EDL territory

There has been tonnes of advanvcement in art, archetecture, music, mathematics and medicine since Islam took over in the middle wast while we were drinking our own piss and sticking leeches up our arse to cure possesion.

there's pleanty of stuff to criticise about Islam, christianity or any religion. But saying it stiffled all civilisation just is not true. And the thing about muslims loving hitler crossed the line into EDL territory

Mm, sorry, I agree with you - I meant to say that a common perception seems to be that middle-eastern culture died while Islam rose.

Mm, sorry, I agree with you - I meant to say that a common perception seems to be that middle-eastern culture died while Islam rose.

Ah sorry, missed that bit. Man, whats wrong with me this morning

Ah sorry, missed that bit. Man, whats wrong with me this morning

I didn't say it :) I should have, though. I phrased it badly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,922 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Old news, but with a good punchline:

http://www.clarkecountydemocrat.com/news/2009-10-29/Editorial/Texas_beer_joint_sues_church.html
    Some Guy wrote:
    In a small Texas town, ( Mt. Vernon ) Drummond’s bar began construction on a new building to increase their business.. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up till the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means.

The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork. At the hearing he commented, “I don't know how I’m going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Stewart Lee is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stolen from YLYL

50.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

97414_700b.jpg
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement