Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

robindch wrote: »
    Been a while since Benny Hinn came up, so why not?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70510067&postcount=3147

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

Good podcast here where Brandon Burton, along with Greg Tinkler did an investigation into Benny Hinn.

"Most of them have previous criminal records as thieves, and con artists. Pick out 4 televangelists, and search their backgrounds... you will find all kinds of scary stuff. I'm planning a new investigation here in Illinois, where we have a 'faith healer' who was in the news not too long ago. I'll let The Infidel Guy know about this upcoming investigation as well. This time, we have micro cameras and mics... fun stuff!!"

http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Faith+Healing+Scam+-+Burton+and+Tinkler/556547

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

ac0c7e7b-0f76-4902-9f92-2ed7213da38c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

A brilliant line I just saw on Reddit's atheism subreddit that I had to share:
    "What's it like being an atheist?"
    A question I got last night. I pondered for a bit, then responded "It's a lot like being the only sober person in a car full of drunk people, and they refuse to pull over and let you drive."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Hilarious article here from a chap called Jim O' Neill who describes Atheism as "... an intellectually shallow, morally stunted, and socially regressive blight on humanity."

Well worth reading the whole thing, link here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I got this far:
    I have friends that are atheists, and I treat them with the same respect and courtesy as I would anyone with a serious disease...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's wrong with people who have serious diseases? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I got to here:
    Far Left aficionados of Keynesian economics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

What's wrong with people who have serious diseases? :confused:
    They've clearly displeased some deity who's chosen to smite them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Hilarious article here from a chap called Jim O' Neill who describes Atheism as "... an intellectually shallow, morally stunted, and socially regressive blight on humanity."

That reminds me of a text I heard on Radio 4's discussion about assisted suicide yesterday. Someone wrote in to dismiss another person's opinion with something like, "He's an atheist, so that tells you all you need to know." I'd dig up a link, but I think my IQ halved while listening to the programme. Arguemnts on emotive subjects wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

mikhail wrote: »
    Someone wrote in to dismiss another person's opinion with something like, "He's an atheist, so that tells you all you need to know." I'd dig up a link, but I think my IQ halved while listening to the programme. Arguemnts on emotive subjects wreck my head.
    Bieber is a practicing Christian.

Tells you all you need to know about Christians.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

CiaranMT wrote: »

I got this far.
    “Yea, in the beginning there was Nothing, and Nothing begat nothing—not even darkness. Nothing be praised! Then lo, for no reason Nothing became All That Is; yea Stuff happened to happen. Then behold, the pointless fumblings of the Hand of Chance (praised be Its name) breathed Life unto Itself. Lo, and Dead Stuff begat Live Monkeys! And it came to pass that the monkeys begat humans, such as Bill Maher. Thanks for Nothing!”

If he's only going to argue against a crude inaccurate caricature there is no point in listening to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

They've clearly displeased some deity who's chosen to smite them :)
    6_8.jpg

<Jay and Sara>[/IMG]

What's Lukemia?

Malty_T wrote: »
    What's Lukemia?
    Evangelical cancer of the bone marrow. And by evangelical, I mean metastasized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

What's Lukemia?

Leave him alone. English is not Jesus' first language. You know perfectly well what it is, it develops out of Mathewkemia, markemia and comes before the final stage of johnkemia

Leave him alone. English is not Jesus' first language.

But He created the f**king thing!?

English is not Jesus' first language.
    But He created the f**king thing!?
    Oh no, he didn't!

English evolved from earlier language forms (Anglo Saxon, Latin, Greek and others).

• Advertisement

Oh no, he didn't!

English evolved from earlier language forms (Anglo Saxon, Latin, Greek and others).

A Controversial opinion for sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Everyone knows Jesus speaks American.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you not think there's too much of a design to it to ave evolved? a design with some intelligence behind it?

do you not think there's too much of a design to it to ave evolved? a design with some intelligence behind it?
    I think this statement should cleave opinions on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

How could the term "Methinks it is like a:( weasel" just spontaneously evo:eek:lve?!

T:(here's such a tiny chance...
    Complex Specified S:Dtatements!!!
    130^5006949548500387285495430 times a snail carrying an e:pac:lectron from here to:cool: the far wall!!
    :rolleyes:;):o:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This is funny (well I thought it was), though may be a a bit 'dark' for some

"Killer dentist Colin Howell injected his lover with drugs to knock her out while they had sex and once feared he had overdosed her, a court heard yesterday.
    Hazel Stewart wanted to be unconscious during intercourse so she would not experience any Christian guilt, another former boyfriend of the mother-of-two told her double-murder trial."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/killer-dentist-drugged-lover-before-they-had-sex-court-told-2535723.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Nodin wrote: »
    This is funny (well I thought it was), though may be a a bit 'dark' for some

"Killer dentist Colin Howell injected his lover with drugs to knock her out while they had sex and once feared he had overdosed her, a court heard yesterday.
    Hazel Stewart wanted to be unconscious during intercourse so she would not experience any Christian guilt, another former boyfriend of the mother-of-two told her double-murder trial."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/killer-dentist-drugged-lover-before-they-had-sex-court-told-2535723.html

More suited to the 'Hazards' thread really Nodin? Nothing too funny within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

recedite wrote: »
    Wake me up before you go go.....

Or "Don't wake me up before you come come..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement