Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the King

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Saturday September 21st: Messing about.

Zombie Squat (plate held in front in zombie grip)
    5kg - 1x10
    10kg - 1x10
    20kg - 3x10

Ab Wheel
    3x10

Band Pull Apart
    3x10
    ---
    Bench Press (paused, close grip, feet up)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 3x10

Barbell Row
    60kg - 3x10

Face Pull
    3x10

DB Curl
    Loads of sets starting with 20kg per arm for sets of 5 and gradually reducing weight over 8-10 sets

Tricept Pushdown
    Loads of sets of 10 increasing weight from nothing to nipple popping off bone
    ---
    Treadmill
    ~100 calories - ramping from slow up to fast walk then back down.
    ---

Another hotel gym work out. No Squat rack - so made do with other stuff.

Did some cardio on treadmill and monitored heart rate whilst staring at the beach. Interesting to do this. Reminded me of when I first start going to the gym years and years ago and I'd be killing myself trying to do 3km in sub 12 minutes or 5km in sub 25mins. Didn't run today - just wanted to burn some calories with fast walking. Aiming to lean out a bit before the PL onslaught begins afresh. That war is coming.

Went swimming after in first pool, then beach. So salty.

Spent all of yesterday checking out many hotels and gyms to see where I'm gonna train. Think I found one - so will get back into it properly in a while once messing about deload is done.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Sunday September 22nd: Messing about

Bulgarian Split Squat
    3 ascending sets per leg
    ---
    DB Press (standing)
    15kg per arm - 1x10
    17.5kg per arm - 1x10
    20kg per arm - 1x10

Chin Up
    3x5
    ---
    Lat Raise
    2x10

Rev Fly
    2x10
    ---
    Run
    Starting from walk and ramped up to 12kmph and burned ~100 calories
    ---

Messing about.

Monday September 23rd: Messing about

Row
    ~5mins
    ---
    Leg Press
    4 or 5 ascending sets

Seated Row
    3 ascending sets
    ---
    DB Curl
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    10kg per arm - 1x10

DB Overhead Press
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    ---

Had such a long deep sleep that night.

Thursday Sept 26th: Messing about.

Squat (no belt, no sleeves)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x5
    90kg - 1x5
    100kg - 2x5
    60kg - 3x10

Front Squat
    60kg - 2x5

GHR
    3x10

Barbell Roll Out (Abs)
    3x10

Back Raise
    3x10
    ---
    Leg Press
    3 ascending sets

Ham Curl (lying machine)
    3 ascending sets
    ---

Travelling around the Middle East for work again. Really need to sort out a proper place to train at as I've come to the end of the post comp 2 week deload.

The memories of a fully equipped home gym are but a distance memory. Nearby countries are lobbing missiles, drones and insults at each other - all I want is a safe spot to squat.

Tried out a nearby commercial gym. Sweet talked the receptionist into letting me having a look around. That look around morphed into a 1.5 hr lower body session. Good facilities - has a rack, GHR, back raise, place to Bench and Deadlift plus a million machines and cardio stuff too.

Happy to be back lifting. Your mind can play all sorts of tricks on you when you are away from a barbell for a while. Calorie burn ramped back up and feeling mentally switched on again.

The major thing I learned during this session is that we, powerlifers, are literally kidding ourselves. I'm travelling and didn't bring my belt or sleeves. Trying to Squat 100kg for sets of 5 with no knee sleeves was tough! Coming out of the hole feels twice as heavy as it should be. Perhaps I should train totally and utterly raw raw for a change.

Experimented with head position on the Squat too - looking up slightly above eye line... vs my usual looking down at a spot approx 1 or 2 metres in front.

Just good to have a bar on my back again.

Friday September 27th: Messing about

Face Pulls
    3 ascending sets
    ---
    VT (face down on bench)
    2kg - 1x10 both positions
    4kg - 2x10 both positions
    ---
    Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 6x6

T-Bar Row (frame)
    frame - 1x10
    frame +20kg - 1x10
    frame +30kg - 6x10
    ---
    Incline Bench
    20kg - 1x10
    40kg - 1x10
    50kg - 1x10
    ---
    Unilateral Lat Pull Down (machine)
    3 ascending sets
    ---
    DB Curl
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    10kg per arm - 1x10

DB Press
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    ---
    Rev Fly (machine)
    3 ascending sets

Fly (machine)
    3 ascending sets
    ---
    Tricep Pushdown (seated, machine)
    3 ascending sets
    ---
    TRX Row
    3x10
    ---

A good upper body session. Lots of bodybuilding as I experimented with equipment I wouldn't normally have access to.

• Advertisement

Friday October 4th: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    80kg - 1x3
    100kg - 1x3
    120kg - 2x6 ... worksets

Ab Wheel
    4x10

SSB (with belt)
    51kg - 2x10

GHR
    bodweight - 4x10 ... on setting 2, 3, 3, 4
    ---

Oh Barbella - how I have missed you. 6 days since any training.

Quite busy with living life rather than writing about it & the associated lifting. Went Jet Ski-ing around the Gulf which was quite an experience. Can only get so close to various islands where royal families live before security approaches with machines guns and warns you off.

Finished off at the IAAF athletics seated amongst the Jamaican fans watching the 100m womens final, 4x400m mixed relay (which was awesome) and straining my eyes across the stadium to see the womens pole vault and mens triple jump finals. One of those once in a life time opportunities to attend such an event - so made the most of it.

Back home and making the most of the facilities.

Time to cut the baby fluff that was acquired in the months building up to competition where I morphed into an ultimately failed 180kg Squat attempting juggernaut. Gonna concentrate on keeping metabolism running high, bodybuilding, eating lean and cardio for the next while.

This could easily be one of those inflection points in life where I live in a hotel for the next while and turn around in 10 years wondering where my hair and waste line went.

Not me. May have lost the recent battle but the war is mine :pac:

Already feeling much better from the time off.

Let's go.

PS: also swam once that day and walked for 2 hours in the evening into the desert & back.

Saturday October 5th: Bench Press

Band Pull Apart (medium yellow)
    3x20
    ---
    VT
    1.5kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 2x10 each
    ---
    Barbell Row
    50kg - 6x12

Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    85kg - 6x6
    ---
    DB Curl (one arm at a time)
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10

DB Bench (one arm at a time)
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    ---

Benched 85kg 6x6 superset with Barbell Row 50kg 5x12. Light weights but felt so good from it.

Trained with the window open for the first time in close to 6 months. Weather cooling down which is nice, so can spend some time outside at beginning and end of day.

Also swam twice that day and went for a 90 minute walk in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

At this point in the training, would you consider running variations of the SBD for a bit as much for a mental break as a change of stimulus?

At this point in the training, would you consider running variations of the SBD for a bit as much for a mental break as a change of stimulus?

In an ideal world, yes, I would mix things up.

However, I don't live in an ideal world at the moment. Lots of moving about between hotels and countries. When back home for these few days I need to JFL to keep the flame alight and burn some calories.

Hopefully in the coming weeks once I'm settled into a routine I can have a bit more of an artistic approach to training and paint from a wider palette :cool: Next week is more travel, same the week after, etc. In a bit of a transition phase at the moment.

Monday October 7th: Messing about

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    85kg - 1x3
    **add belt**
    105kg - 1x3
    125kg - 2x6

Ab Wheel
    4x10

SSB (with belt)
    71kg - 2x10

GHR
    ---

Squats. Almost did this yesterday. Went into the gym but was so crippled from DOMS and calorie restriction I called it quits and left.

Today was fine.

• Advertisement

Tuesday October 8th: Bench Press

3x10
    ---
    VT
    ---
    Chin Up
    bodyweight - 6x6 ... first three sets palms facing, final three sets palms to face

Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    90kg - 6x6
    ---

Stuck with 6x6 Bench and added 5kg to make it 90kg for straight sets. Not on a program, just ramping up as will have to take a mini deload next week.

Thursday October 10th: Deadlift

Deadlift
    70kg - 1x5
    100kg - 3x8 ... double overhand, beltless
    ---
    Rubish Deadlift (i.e. on the 45 Degree Back Raise - Deadlifting, front elevated on blue bumper)
    40kg - 3x12
    ---

Haven't deadlift in about a month. Got nice forearm and finger DOMS from using grip as I type this the next day.

Saturday October 12th: Messing about

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    90kg - 1x3
    **add belt**
    110kg - 1x3
    130kg - 2x6

Ab Wheel
    4x10

SSB (with belt)
    71kg - 2x10

GHR
    ---

Squat late at night. Was expecting to feel tired, but was actually quite strong. 130kg 2x6 felt handy enough.

At the moment I've gone back to Rheeband knee sleeves (vs super supportive SBDs) and bare elbows. Wanna train sans mummification for a while.

Have been experimenting with the old Toro Lever belt too. Will probably bring that with me on my travels vs. SBD one. Buckle is hanging on with one shortened screw so have to have a kitchen knife handy to tighten it always.

Didn't eat after the above, so didn't sleep too well. Time for breakfast now.

Sunday October 13th: Bench Press

3x10
    ---
    VT
    ---
    Barbell Row
    50kg - 6x12

Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x5
    95kg - 3x6
    ---
    Incline Bench
    20kg - 1x10
    40kg - 1x10
    50kg - 1x10
    ---
    DB Curl (one arm at a time)
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10

DB Press (standing, one arm at a time)
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    ---

Some quick Bench and associated bodybuilding accessories.

Kept the Bench worksets to just 3x6 as was limited by time.

Benching without elbow sleeves. Felt like the SBDs have been given me too much support in the past year and need to get back to raw raw.

Monday October 14th: Deadlift

Deadlift
    70kg - 1x5
    120kg - 3x8 ... double overhand first set, mixed second and third sets, beltless
    ---
    Rubish Deadlift (i.e. on the 45 Degree Back Raise - Deadlifting, front elevated on on blue bumper, back on two)
    50kg - 3x12
    ---

Deadlift second time this week. Mixing things up.

Went heavier and greater ROM on the Rubish Deadift. See above. Squashed right thumb somehow dropping a plate. Bloody nail.

Wednesday Oct 16th: Swim

Swim
    500m (10x50m)
    ---

Went and checked out a 50m pool. So nice to swim in a proper full size Olympic pool.

I swim a lot in general - but usually in smaller 22-25m pools which are never too deep.

Hopping into the Oly pool felt like being in the ocean.... freezing water, greater depth and can actually swim for twice the length before having to turn.

Went straight through alternating breast stroke and front crawl each 50m length until 500m. Heart thumping and got a bit of a headache which from oxygen debt. Feeling great the next day as I type this.

Got there around 10:15pm. Pool was closing at 10:45pm... but managed to get my swim in. Had a lane to myself and was one of the last out of the water. So peaceful, just my thoughts and I. Gonna do this again going forwards.

Right upper hamstring a bit tender. May have strained it on the Rubish Deadlifts the other day. Nothing major.

Good.

Thursday October 17th: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    100kg - 1x3
    120kg - 2x5
    100kg - 2x10

Ab Roll Out (barbell & small plates)
    4x10
    ---
    Front Squat
    60kg - 2x5

Ham Curl (unilateral, standing)
    10kg(?) on machine arm - 2x10 per leg
    ---
    Lunges (barbell)
    20kg - 2x10 per leg

45 Degree Back Raise
    2x10 ... great hamstring stretch
    ---

That was good.

Checked out a gym close to work and got a free trail session.

Sales guy ended up asking me for tips on Squat, Bench, Dead. Hehe. Told me he'll rename the corner for the Big 3 in my honour. Lol.

Obviously I snuck out the back door on the way out so I didn't have to commit to when exactly I'd be coming back to sign up. This, dear reader, was a rookie mistake. The back door opens onto a couple of flights of stairs. Legs were in bits and I was limping down them like a drunken Bambi.

Nice.

Friday Oct 18th: Swim

Swim
    600m (12x50m)
    ---

Back at the Oly pool.

Went hard on the 6th length and was really out of breath on 7th. Got a second wind around 500m and the last bit up to 600m was quite easy. Could have went longer, but gonna stick with 100m increases each session in the name of incremental progress.

Saturday: October 19th - Bench

VT
    1kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 2x10 each
    2kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x20 each
    3kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 2x10 each
    ---
    DB Press (standing)
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    20kg per arm - 1x10

DB Curl
    10kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    Incline Bench
    3x10 ascending sets

Row Machine #1
    3x10 ascending sets
    ---
    Close Grip Bench (feet up)
    3x10 ascending sets

Row Machine #2
    3x10 ascending sets
    ---
    Face Pulls
    3x10

DB Bench
    24kg - 3x10
    ---
    Tricep Pushdown
    so many sets of 10 - went up and then burned down through the plates
    ---

Just did a heap of bodybuilding to get the lay of the land in hotel gym.

There seems to be two 20kg bars, which I didn't yet use. The rest are 12kg. All in all should be fine to train at. Will check out the Squat setup tomorrow.

Sunday October 20th: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    100kg - 1x3
    125kg - 2x5 ... worksets
    105kg - 1x12 ... dropset #1
    100kg - 1x12 ... dropset #2

Ab Roll Out (barbell & small plates)
    4x10
    ---
    45 Degree Back Raise
    4x15 ... hamstrings on fire
    ---

Some high rep Squat dropsets paired with high rep Ab and 45 Degree Back Raise assistance. Hams, Glutes and Lower Back on fire.

• Advertisement

Wednesday: October 23rd - Bench

DB Press (unilateral, standing)
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    18kg per arm - 1x10
    20kg per arm - 1x10

DB Curl (unilateral, standing)
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x5
    18kg per arm - 1x5
    20kg per arm - 1x5
    ---
    Incline Bench (close-ish grip, just slight slight incline)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x10
    70kg - 1x10
    80kg - 1x10
    90kg - 1x3
    60kg - 2x10

Barbell Row
    52kg - 6x10
    ---
    VT
    1kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 2x10 each
    2kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x20 each
    3kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 2x10 each

Close Grip Bench (feet up)
    12kg - 1x10
    52kg - 1x10
    62kg - 1x10
    52kg - 1x10
    ---
    Spinning Bike
    125 calories to cool down
    ---

A heap of reps.

Enjoying the single arm standing DB Press. Feels good.

Had to take yesterday off as was totally destoryed from the Squats/Back Raise the day before. Late nights as cannot sleep and eyes hanging out of my head and me roaming about like the walking dead.

Had a better sleep after Bench session above.

Finished off with some spinning to burn 125 calories.

Wednesday October 23rd: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    100kg - 1x3
    130kg - 2x5 ... worksets
    110kg - 1x12 ... dropset #1 and PR for 12 reps? Who knows?
    100kg - 1x14 ... dropset #2

Ab Roll Out
    4x15
    ---
    45 Degree Back Raise
    ---

Some rapid fire lower body.

Thursday: October 24th - Bench

VT
    1kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    2kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    3kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    4kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    5kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each

Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    90kg - 1x3
    100kg - 6x3 .. easy

DB Lateral Raise
    5kg - 1x10
    4kg - 1x10
    3kg - 1x10
    ---
    Incline Bench
    20kg - 1x10
    40kg - 1x10
    50kg - 1x10

Seated Row (machine)
    20kg - 1x10
    30kg - 1x10
    40kg - 1x10
    ---
    Chin Up (parallel grip)
    bodyweight - 1x5
    bodyweight +5kg DB - 1x5
    bodyweight +10kg DB - 1x5
    bodyweight - 3x5
    ---
    DB Press (standing)
    20kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    10kg per arm - 3x10

Tricep Extension (unilateral, standing)
    10kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    Rope Tricep Extension Pushdown
    10kg - 3x10

Rope Curl
    10kg - 2x10
    7.5kg - 1x10
    ---
    Spinning Bike
    160 calories to cool down
    ---

Whenever in doubt without a plan for Bench in a commercial gym throw on 100kg and do sets across. Handy 6x3 and then a million bits of bodybuilding accessory. Felt quite strong in general.

Upper back fried as I type this the day after due to the VTs. Shoulder development is really coming along this year with all the upper back and overhead stuff I've been doing. Looking forward to this sky rocketing my bench.

Enjoying doing random stuff for the moment and alternating between lower and upper body days each time I train.

Finishing off each workout these days with an ever increasing number of calories on the spinning bike. Quite a nice relaxing way to cool down as staring into space lost in thoughts.

Sunday October 27th: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    100kg - 1x3
    120kg - 1x1
    135kg - 2x5 ... worksets
    115kg - 1x5 ... dropset #1
    100kg - 1x16 ... dropset #2

Ab Roll Out
    4x15
    ---
    45 Degree Back Raise
    ---

Squats were alright with worksets on 135kg 2x5.

Was thinking of 12-14 reps on the first dropset of 115kg, but fell through the hole on first rep and called it at a conservative 5 reps.

Went down to the usual dropset of 100kg and added two reps to get to 16. Building up to 20 in the coming couple of sessions.

Abs and Back Raise both 4x15 accessory.

Sunday: October 27th - Bench

VT
    1kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    2kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    3kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    4kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 1x15 each
    5kg per arm - 2 positions (YT) - 3x15 each

Bench Press (paused)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    95kg - 1x1
    105kg - 6x3 .. fine

DB Lateral Raise
    3kg - 1x10
    ---
    Seated Pull down #1 (machine)
    3 sets ascending

Seated Row (machine)
    3 sets ascending

Seated Pull down #2 (machine)
    3 sets ascending
    ---
    DB Press (standing)
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    16kg per arm - 1x10
    20kg per arm - 1x10
    ---
    10kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    Rope Tricep Extension Pushdown
    15kg - 1x10
    12.5kg - 1x15
    10kg - 1x20

Rope Curl
    15kg - 1x10
    12.5kg - 1x15
    10kg - 1x20
    ---
    Spinning Bike
    200 calories to cool down
    ---

Added 5kg on Bench over last day and went 105kg 6x3 in 14 mins flat.

A heap of bodybuilding assistance afterwards to burn calories.

Finished off with 200 calories in ~22 mins for a cool down on spinning bike. Backside sore from perching on top of it.

Tuesday October 29th: Squat

Squat
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x5
    **add belt**
    100kg - 1x3
    125kg - 1x1
    140kg - 2x5 ... worksets
    120kg - 1x5 ... dropset #1
    100kg - 1x19 ... dropset #2 ... planned 18 but miscount took me to 19

Ab Roll Out
    4x15
    ---
    45 Degree Back Raise
    4x15
    ---

Squat 140kg 2x5.

First set 140kg x5: Reps 1-4 were good, rep 5 really slowed almost to a standstill. May have burst some blood vessels on face.

Second set 140kg x5: Was better.

Drop set#1 120kg x5: Felt a lot harder than I thought it would considering I'd just taken off 20kg. Legs shot from the preceding sets.

Drop set#2 100kg x19: Miscounted and did 19 instead of planned 18. Got through them at quite a good pace.

Assistance was Abs and Back Raise.

Typing this the next day I feel like I slightly tweaked some part of right lower lat or rhomboid. No big deal.

Friday November 1st: Deadlift

Deadlift
    60kg - 1x5
    100kg +16kg chains - 4x8 ... fine, just light

GHR
    4x15
    ---

Some deload type Deadlift and GHR. Haven't done either for these for a couple of weeks. Increased worksets to 4 from usual 3 and focused on form and getting good quality work done.

Saturday November 2nd: UpperBody

Seated Row (plate loaded)
    frame +0kg per side - 1x10
    frame +20kg per side - 1x10
    frame +30kg per side - 1x10
    frame +35kg per side - 1x10

Seated Row Machine
    3 ascending sets - 3x10

Military Press
    20kg - 1x10
    40kg - 1x5
    50kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5 ... PR, maybe
    40kg - 3x10

DB Hammer Curl
    14kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    VT (both positions)
    1kg per arm - 1x10
    2kg per arm - 1x10
    3kg per arm - 1x10
    4kg per arm - 1x10

Bench (feet up, flat back, close-ish)
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x10
    70kg - 1x10 ... standard grip (ring finger on rings) from here down
    60kg - 1x10
    ---
    DB Incline Bench
    10kg per arm - 2x10

Lat Pulldown
    2x10
    ---

Some quick upperbody after a flight to clear the cobwebs.

Highlight was Military Pressing 60kg x5. That may be a PR.

Sunday November 3rd: Lower Messing About

Goblet Squat
    5kg - 1x10
    10kg - 1x10
    20kg - 1x10
    ---
    Walking Lunges
    3 lengths of 10 forward/10 back ... quads on fire
    ---
    Front Squat
    40kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    70kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x5

Kick Back Glute Plate Loaded Frame
    0kg - 1x10 per leg
    20kg - 1x10 per leg
    30kg - 1x10 per leg
    ---
    Back Squat
    60kg - 4x10

Ab Wheel
    4x15
    ---
    Spinning Bike
    125 cals
    ---

Quads were totally shot after the above. Bending down to tie shoe laces my legs nearly gave out.

• Advertisement

Tuesday November 5th: UpperBody

VT (both positions)
    2kg per arm - 2x10
    3kg per arm - 3x10
    4kg per arm - 1x10

Bench
    20kg - 1x10
    60kg - 1x10
    80kg - 3x10 ... little ringer on rings i.e. slightly narrow than usual
    60kg - 1x10 ... feet up, close grip
    ---
    Seated Row Machine #1 (narrow parallel grip)
    3 ascending sets - 3x10
    ---
    Seated Pull Down (plate loaded, unilateral)
    frame +20kg per side - 3x10

Seated Row Machine #2 (wide, palms away grip)
    3 ascending sets - 3x10
    ---
    DB Hammer Curl
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10

DB Press (standing)
    10kg per arm - 1x10
    12kg per arm - 1x10
    14kg per arm - 1x10
    ---
    DB Bench
    4kg per arm - 2x10 ... first 10 reps diamond hold, second 10 reps normal
    6kg per arm - 2x10 ... first 10 reps diamond hold, second 10 reps normal
    8kg per arm - 2x10 ... first 10 reps diamond hold, second 10 reps normal
    ---
    Rope Pushdown
    10kg - 3x10

Rope Curl
    10kg - 3x10
    ---

Early morning training around 6am.

When I was finishing off my Bench some dude comes up to me and makes a fuss about using the Bench. Told him I had 1 set left. He looked at me as if I had three heads.

Once done I was unracking the weights. He made a big fuss about telling me to leave 60kg on it. From the look of him I made a quick calculation on his life expectancy if he attempted 60kg cold and suggested he start with just the bar.

He again gave me a snouty look and asked if I was talking about starting with the bar just for me or him. I stated I was suggesting that he start with just the bar to warm up and avoid injury. This time he looks at me as if I have 4 heads and how dare I question his manliness by suggesting he attempt just the bar.

I walk away... and hear him making a fuss about how there is sweat on the Bench. Sweet Jesus... there was nothing left on the bench as I didn't even break a sweat in this deload session, but I still went a wiped the thing down and informed him I wanted to see him working hard on sweating on the Bench going forwards.

30 seconds later, out of the corner of my eye, I see him unrack 60kg and get stapled on the first rep.

He quickly unracked everything without even trying a second rep and slunk off onto the abductor / abductor machine.

Lol.

Advertisement