Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish open sponsorships

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'm pretty sure the less players at the table the bigger of an edge a good player has.

I much rather be 8handed if everyone else was 10 handed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Will Paddy Power be supplying a free DVD of the TV coverage to all players to commerorate their loss of €3,500?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I'm pretty sure the less players at the table the bigger of an edge a good player has.

I much rather be 8handed if everyone else was 10 handed...
    why is that PL? im very curious?

Someone else could prob explain to it better but I'll give it a go.

playing more hands per level is a huge advantage in itself for one.

Anyway, with less players you play more hands, situations become more marginal and the better players edge is maximised. that's why hu > 6max > full ring.

If you've two donators on your table, with less players on the table you're going to be involved in way more hands with them, and have far more opportunities to pick up chips.

Anyway, with less players you play more hands, situations become more marginal and the better players edge is maximised. that's why hu > 6max > full ring.

If you've two donators on your table, with less players on the table you're going to be involved in way more hands with them, and have far more opportunities to pick up chips.
    i dont see hwo less players mean more opportunities. i can understand how more hands per level would suit them all right.

• Advertisement

because the less players at the table the looser everyone plays?

because the less players at the table the looser everyone plays?
    maybe between 6 handed and 10 but surely the difference isnt that much more from 10-8

we should just play shorthanded on all the tables. 6max is the nuts,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

if by this you mean HU is better than 6max that 6max better than fullring then i dont agree.
    when you say better what do you mean exactly.

These require different skill sets to play well and while one player may be better suited for 6 max,another player may play full ring much better but you cant really say who is the better player between them.
    Generally the fewer players on the table ,the quicker the orbits, the more blinds you will be playing, the looser requirements you should have to get involved just so you can catch up with the blinds.
    When the game is looser then players hand distributions becomes much much wider and this requires very good hand reading skills to play against.
    So again they require different skill sets to play well.

Advertisement