Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish open sponsorships

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering would anybody have any information in relation to the rules regarding sponsorship in the irish open..ie,can somebody openly wear clothing carrying a sponsors logo even the it is not poker related??any advice here would be great..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

As Far as i know you can, there may be separate rules for the final Table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pappa

cheers...been offered a deal,but not sure..my potential sponsor is a rival of paddy power on the gambling field..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

not allowed to wear anything branded with a www.myarse.com logo on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

pappa wrote:
    Just wondering would anybody have any information in relation to the rules regarding sponsorship in the irish open..ie,can somebody openly wear clothing carrying a sponsors logo even the it is not poker related??any advice here would be great..

At non–feature tables, players may wear what they please so long as it does not interfere with other people’s enjoyment of the event. Tournament Organisers and Directors may ask a player to change attire if it is not deemed appropriate. Their decision will be final.

At the feature table:

1. Players are permitted to wear sponsors logos (without a ".com") on their shirts only. These logos will be no larger than 10cm * 7cm on the left breast pocket and no larger than 8cm * 3cm on each sleeve.
    2. Players may wear sunglasses, hats or other headgear provided there is no visible branding and the players speech and ears are visible. Baseball hats will not be permitted at the feature table.
    3. Players may not wear earphones.
    4. No other branding on any part of their body, clothing, chip protectors, jewelery, will be permitted
    5. Players general appearance and sponsors shirts must be neat and clean. These shirts must have sleeves and collars (polo shirts and t-shirts will not be permitted) and must not be white. Sponsors must be aware that their players will not be allowed play on the feature table in unsuitable clothing. Tournament organisers decision will be final. Substitute shirts will be provided if available.
    6. Players may be sponsored before the event begins and not during the event. Players must notify the organisers of their sponsor prior to commencement of the event.
    7. No more than one third of the feature table players may be sponsored by the one company. In the situation where more than two players (at a six seat table) or three players (at an eight seat table) players sponsored by one company have made it to the feature table, either a person representing the relevant sponsor should decide upon who wears the shirts or the Tournament Director will choose.
    8. Paddy Power Poker and the Tournament decision will be final on what clothing complies with the above rules.
    9. Players also consent to participating in all reasonable requests for interviews and photographs surrounding this event. Publicity will be used in press releases and on paddypowerpoker.com to promote the Irish Open. Winners of events at the Irish Open will be required for future publicity of the Irish Open.
    10. Players must agree to disclose their hole cards to the under the table cameras at the feature table and any refusal to do so could lead to disqualification from the event with no prize money being awarded and no refunds given.
    11. Paddy Power Poker reserves the right to add or amend any tournament rules, as they feel appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    At non–feature tables, players may wear what they please so long as it does not interfere with other people’s enjoyment of the event. Tournament Organisers and Directors may ask a player to change attire if it is not deemed appropriate. Their decision will be final.

At the feature table:

1. Players are permitted to wear sponsors logos (without a ".com") on their shirts only. These logos will be no larger than 10cm * 7cm on the left breast pocket and no larger than 8cm * 3cm on each sleeve.
    2. Players may wear sunglasses, hats or other headgear provided there is no visible branding and the players speech and ears are visible. Baseball hats will not be permitted at the feature table.
    4. No other branding on any part of their body, clothing, chip protectors, jewelery, will be permitted
    5. Players general appearance and sponsors shirts must be neat and clean. These shirts must have sleeves and collars (polo shirts and t-shirts will not be permitted) and must not be white. Sponsors must be aware that their players will not be allowed play on the feature table in unsuitable clothing. Tournament organisers decision will be final. Substitute shirts will be provided if available.
    6. Players may be sponsored before the event begins and not during the event. Players must notify the organisers of their sponsor prior to commencement of the event.
    7. No more than one third of the feature table players may be sponsored by the one company. In the situation where more than two players (at a six seat table) or three players (at an eight seat table) players sponsored by one company have made it to the feature table, either a person representing the relevant sponsor should decide upon who wears the shirts or the Tournament Director will choose.
    8. Paddy Power Poker and the Tournament decision will be final on what clothing complies with the above rules.
    9. Players also consent to participating in all reasonable requests for interviews and photographs surrounding this event. Publicity will be used in press releases and on paddypowerpoker.com to promote the Irish Open. Winners of events at the Irish Open will be required for future publicity of the Irish Open.
    10. Players must agree to disclose their hole cards to the under the table cameras at the feature table and any refusal to do so could lead to disqualification from the event with no prize money being awarded and no refunds given.
    11. Paddy Power Poker reserves the right to add or amend any tournament rules, as they feel appropriate.

Man. How I hate those rules.

• Advertisement

Flushdraw wrote:

At the feature table:

Excellent stuff..cheers for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Man. How I hate those rules.

Rule 12. no table thumping.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

rule 13 - No missy fits and slamming doors

Yeah whatever. The man ain't goin to bring me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

rule 14: come down.

• Advertisement

karlh wrote:
    rule 14: come down.
    LOL!! You win this round sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Rule 15 No Gardai allowed past reception without a high court injunction.

Rule 16. No player may leave their seat unless baton charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Flushdraw wrote:

At the feature table:

No earphones.
    Surely not.
    I'll be gone the 1st day if I can't listen to my music.

Just re-read it. Feature table rules, coolabula.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

What the (.com) thing about? there going to be allowed this year at wsop.

http://www.pokerlistings.com/dotcom-logos-to-be-allowed-at-2007-wsop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

No earphones.
    Surely not.
    I'll be gone the 1st day if I can't listen to my music.

Just re-read it. Feature table rules, coolabula.

That would have been a killer for me too. I need my music when playin a long, deepstacked tournie

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What's the deal with rule 5? Loads of poker players wear polo shirts. What happens if you happen to be wearing something non compliant and get moved to the feature table? Will you have to play topless? Does this only apply to sponsors logos? If any changes necessary I bet 'The Man' aka Mr P. Power will have some 'spare' shirst available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

5starpool wrote:
    What's the deal with rule 5? Loads of poker players wear polo shirts. What happens if you happen to be wearing something non compliant and get moved to the feature table? Will you have to play topless? Does this only apply to sponsors logos? If any changes necessary I bet 'The Man' aka Mr P. Power will have some 'spare' shirst available.

5 (Substitute shirts will be provided if available).

5starpool wrote:

you think maybe they(ppp) thought this one over and over again???

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Does rule 8 overrule rule 7 if it is PPP gear I wonder? I suppose they are entitled to it after all the promotion and stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

also if your not sponsored by anyone there is no way i am wearing a shirt if i get there, i dont think should have any right to tell us what to wear when non-sponsored.
    also the rule about players beng sponsored during the tournament, why not??

also why nto baseball caps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Step 1 play open
    Step 2 win it

coincidental - should your table be picked for the feature table then worry about the above rules - it is more likely that you will not be picked for the TV table hence i dont see what all the worry is for.

Step 1 play open
    Step 2 win it

coincidental - should your table be picked for the feature table then worry about the above rules - it is more likely that you will not be picked for the TV table hence i dont see what all the worry is for.

gotta agree with that,if sponsored you gotta worry about the terms and conditions as what u can and cant wear,but as for woorying about hats and ear phones is pointless,be grateful you able to go and play,cuz from reading some other threads guys who cant play in would be so glad to be able to play they would do it naked!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

To the powers that be at PPP. Please rig the feature table on the first day to incluse the following players:
    The Chief
    BoB B
    Mick the lip
    Some pros (i heard laak and esfandiari are confirmed?)

Sit back and enjoy

58o wrote:
    To the powers that be at PPP. Please rig the feature table on the first day to incluse the following players:
    The Chief
    BoB B
    Mick the lip

Sit back and enjoy

*Drools in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

58o wrote:
    The Chief
    BoB B
    Mick the lip

Sit back and enjoy
    Add the syndicate player to that table please. :)

jacQues
    (gonna-be-me-anyways hamster)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

58o wrote:
    The Chief
    BoB B
    Mick the lip

Sit back and enjoy

rams.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Flushdraw wrote:

At the feature table:

Hats or headgear but not 'baseball hats'?

This sounds very contradictory, I see a problem here if hypothetically I were to be moved to a featured table. I would not want to take off my 'baseball hat', and I don't think I should have too.

I'm not wearing it, or refusing too for aesthetic reasons.

I favour it over sunglasses because I have misread the board and find it harder to see people while wearing sunglasses.

A 'baseball hat' allows me to not be seen when I want (tilt head down) and see people when I want.

I really am confused that 'hats and headgear' are permited, and not 'baseball caps', this is so wishy washy that I see potential problems if its challenged.

Should I purchase and bring a selection of hats in case I am to play on a featured table? Could the organisers provide me with a list of acceptable hats and some sources I could purcahse them online :confused:

But in all seriousness, what's the deal?

'hats or other headgear provided there is no visible branding and the players speech and ears are visible.'

'Baseball caps' don't violate any of these rules.

:confused:

On other rules:
    The Rules wrote:

:eek: So much for random seating?

The Rules wrote:

Ridiculas, no tshirts? People should be allowed to play wearing what they wish providing they aren't looking like a total tramp, this isn't a Debs Ball.

I like to feel comfortable when I am playing in a 3300euro event.

The Rules wrote:

If someone doesn't want to be interviewed, they shouldn't have to be, there are plenty of people that are only too happy to get some column inches and tv time, no one should be obliged.

---

I see a few problems if I'm asked to move to a featured table, or reach a final table. I won't part with wearing a cap/hat/call it what you like, I'm not trying to make good tv.

Also, my ears are visible, if thats your major concern?!

What is it with this 'ears visible', do they fear someone might be getting updates from the feds? Will they be issuing haircuts or hairbands to people with long hair that covers there ears?

Who would be best suited to address these issues? Personally I think they are stretching things. its a poker tournament that has been in existance for 25 years, most of them with
    zero Television interest.

Television should fit around the poker tournament, the poker tournament shouldn't be fitting around Television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

no .com addresses allowed, so by letter of the law i can have a .ie address on the shirt???

stupid about baseball caps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Why not just wear a normal CAP... my late father had many caps none of them baseball caps. It looks to me they are trying to get away from the WSOP all American jocks types with baseball jerseys, and giant headphoness and screaming blue murder when they river someone ......

Maybe they just want it to look European......ie more classy....no offence to any American types out there...the TV coverage of the WSOP events does not paint yiz in a nice colour (or is that color).....some of them deserve a swift one in the boston redskins....who's the man now , now squeal like a bee gee...(bit of a mini-rant there:) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Solksjaer wrote:
    Why not just wear a normal CAP... my late father had many caps none of them baseball caps. It looks to me they are trying to get away from the WSOP all American jocks types with baseball jerseys, and giant headphoness and screaming blue murder when they river someone ......

Maybe they just want it to look European......ie more classy....no offence to any American types out there...the TV coverage of the WSOP events does not paint yiz in a nice colour (or is that color).....some of them deserve a swift one in the boston redskins....who's the man now , now squeal like a bee gee...(bit of a mini-rant there:) )

Define cap tho? My headwear has nothing to do with baseball, do you mean I should wear a flatcap? Like I'm an 80 year old propping up a bar in the west of Ireland? It wouldn't suit my needs anyhow...

I wear tshirts and a cap, ballcap? Baseball Cap, I don't know how you define it.

Solksjaer wrote:
    It looks to me they are trying to get away from the WSOP all American jocks types with baseball jerseys, and giant headphoness and screaming blue murder when they river someone ......

That's unfair stereotyping on their behalf if that's the case. I don't react when I win or lose a pot. If you were watching from a distance, you would be very hard pressed to tell if I had won or lost.

Advertisement