Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any interest in a boardsie $100 freezeout on PPP for IO ticket?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

As for the minimum posts, well in order to stop noise on every thread on the forum that had to be scrapped, no ones fault, cant really understand what your problem is.

No problem sorry about that.

Can you just show me where he tells us he is scrapping the minimum post requirement and refers to the srcapping of same easing problems of noise on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

So Hoki possibly saw this game advertised and then logged onto boards, registered and went on to win. SO WHAT?

I stumbled upon boards 14 months ago just by chance, and have found it the most usefull tool for improving my game, much more usefull than any HOH, or S/system. Most of those who just joined up will probably hang around and contribute to this forum too, that surely is a good thing, no?

Sure it would've been good if one of our regulars took it down, as was intended, but it's hardly a big deal that didn't happen.

As for bashing Karl, Len and Nikki, leave it out. They come on here and try do something good for us, and some clown always lays in. There isn't always an ulterior motive. You can be sure they'll think twice next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ecksor wrote:
    Lurking? I'm practically built into this site.

I'll be honest. You scare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

In my defence , i didnt register with boards just to play in this event , im just after checking and i signed up at the very beginning of march before i even knew this event was on , truth is iv been "lurking" for quite a while without posting as i find the site to be very informative about upcoming events etc ...

Im sorry if winning this event has left a sour taste in some peoples mouth , i only enquired to play the event as id have a huge interest in trying to qualify for the open as i couldnt afford the buy in at the moment so when the opportunity presented itself in the shape of last nights tournament i enquired and was accepted to play , some people mightnt agree with my participation in the event but all i was doing was asking to play , if i was refused id have accepted graciously , to be allowed to play was a bonus , and to win the thing was simply brilliant .

Really looking forward to the weekend now , cant come soon enough , good luck to all involved and i might see some of you up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

wow, what a molehilly mountain, just saw all this shíte now.....

stuck up a sat for boardsies, got a good response - simple as. The overaly was covered even without the 5 or 6 newer boardsies who i allowed in after various PMs like "i'm the dude from Drogheda!" and "long time lurker, i play in the..."

tbh a few hundred $ or $1000 was never going to be a problem and I wouldn't have guaranteed the ticket at 25 players other than to just cover half the ticket and be happy with that.

i assure you WHB that i'm busy enough with the Irish Open (which is selling out), and around these parts long enough, than to be bothered or inclined to dupe people into playing a satellite or to try to rip anyone off. there was an unregister button up until kick off if you found yourself unhappy with the size of the field.

it actually took quite a bit of work to put together, i'll know better next time i suppose, maybe posts > 150 might be appropriate ;)

I Blame Lloyd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

karlh wrote:
    Although I love the idea of random poker davids posting nonsense in the PI forum, it'll prolly get me banned for inciting it - you're in Whyno.

Fair point about the lurkers, just dont consider someone a boardsie if they have signed up since I started this thread.

As the great Bill Hicks once said "You're not even a f'n human being until you're in my phonebook buddy!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

karlh wrote:
    it actually took quite a bit of work to put together, i'll know better next time i suppose, maybe posts > 150 might be appropriate ;)

just give me the ticket Karl, no work, no hassle, nobody arguing about a non-regular getting in.

best for everyone I think, and I'll accept with good grace for the greater good...the greater good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ecksor wrote:
    Lurking? I'm practically built into this site.
    :eek:

is the word mustard flagged on boards or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Solksjaer wrote:

PITT boss....are there any sattellittes (so many Ts and Ls) for the 1k event?
    ahem open to all etc. Perhaps 3 tickets with a 100 buy in. Last nights one appeared to have been fun.

The last two years we have debated over and over whether we should run online satellites for the side events. The "no" vote won both years as we were cautiously trying to avoid diluting satellites for the Main event. This could well be a mistake and I would really like to hear your opinions about it so we can re-consider for next year.

karlh wrote:

I blame me too. I stand by my post on the subject however. I believe HOKI when he says that he regged before news of this tournament. I believe him when he says that he was a long time lurker.

He seems like a gracious winner. Best of luck to him at the weekend.

I blame Dom for overplaying JJ on the final table. :)

• Advertisement

The last two years we have debated over and over whether we should run online satellites for the side events. The "no" vote won both years as we were cautiously trying to avoid diluting satellites for the Main event. This could well be a mistake and I would really like to hear your opinions about it so we can re-consider for next year.

Of course you should run sats. People will play them - you will fill up your sidegames, everyone will still burst their balls qualifying for the ME at the same time. Seems logical to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Hoki wrote:
    In my defence , i didnt register with boards just to play in this event , im just after checking and i signed up at the very beginning of march before i even knew this event was on , truth is iv been "lurking" for quite a while without posting as i find the site to be very informative about upcoming events etc ...

Im sorry if winning this event has left a sour taste in some peoples mouth , i only enquired to play the event as id have a huge interest in trying to qualify for the open as i couldnt afford the buy in at the moment so when the opportunity presented itself in the shape of last nights tournament i enquired and was accepted to play , some people mightnt agree with my participation in the event but all i was doing was asking to play , if i was refused id have accepted graciously , to be allowed to play was a bonus , and to win the thing was simply brilliant .

Really looking forward to the weekend now , cant come soon enough , good luck to all involved and i might see some of you up there :)

Hoki,

Enjoy the Irish Open, its going to be some experience. There's no bad feeling at all. Its the old Storm in the Tea Cup and handbag at 40 paces going on at the moment, don't worry about it, although my other half Martin is still having nightmares over his pocket Aces getting cracked by your kings at the final Table, I heard the Roar of "yepee I flopped a Set", Sh****t he got a straight on the turn, F&*k im gone, but as the chief says (While smoking outside the Fitz or Jackpot) "That's Pokah". I can't wait for the event, it's going to be great.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You can warn some people about stupid behaviour, others ignore you. Ah well.

/edit: This comment is not in relation to the main topic of the last few hours, but I hope the target knows what I am talking about.

It is not that we feel they would not receive players lloyd we know that we would. The stopping point was that it might dillute or take from the main event itself.
    At some points we were running four Room Specific feeders a day to a weekly grand final while running multiple sats for other local tournaments.. add that to a schedule of Guarantees etc and you start running our of spaces to squeeze the tournaments into.

I do think a festival ticket might be a nice idea for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

smurph wrote:
    Hoki,

Enjoy the Irish Open, its going to be some experience. There's no bad feeling at all. Its the old Storm in the Tea Cup and handbag at 40 paces going on at the moment, don't worry about it, although my other half Martin is still having nightmares over his pocket Aces getting cracked by your kings at the final Table, I heard the Roar of "yepee I flopped a Set", Sh****t he got a straight on the turn, F&*k im gone, but as the chief says (While smoking inside the Fitz or Jackpot) "That's Pokah". I can't wait for the event, it's going to be great.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

karlh wrote:
    wow, what a molehilly mountain, just saw all this shíte now.....

stuck up a sat for boardsies, got a good response - simple as. The overaly was covered even without the 5 or 6 newer boardsies who i allowed in after various PMs like "i'm the dude from Drogheda!" and "long time lurker, i play in the..."

tbh a few hundred $ or $1000 was never going to be a problem and I wouldn't have guaranteed the ticket at 25 players other than to just cover half the ticket and be happy with that.

i assure you WHB that i'm busy enough with the Irish Open (which is selling out), and around these parts long enough, than to be bothered or inclined to dupe people into playing a satellite or to try to rip anyone off. there was an unregister button up until kick off if you found yourself unhappy with the size of the field.

Agree with you on the moutain/molehill point.

Best of luck with the Open Im sure it will be a fantastic success.

Please dont let me discourage you from doing something like this
    in the future.

Lol at the minimum number of posts for future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

cheers smurph , a bit of luck like i had last night and that €550K is in the bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

WH BONNEY wrote:
    A very cheap shot by them in my opinion, but they did their job well, maximising their advertising and revenues and making sure the customer got minimum value for money.

From your post above it is clear that you failed to understand the points I was making. It is quite obvious that you felt an urge to post any old rubbish to defend your colleagues.

For those of you that dont know, fatboydim writes a column for PPP.

Wow Hoki must have really inflicted a bad beat on you. Grumpy side of the bed or what? I didn't think I was picking on any poster in particular here. But WH if Karl and PPP Pit Boss wanted to do what you suggested above there are other forums they could have gone to and posted on. There has always been a special relationship with PPP and Boards. This goes back to before the days when Karl started working for PPP or before I had any association with them. Just ask Tom or Mike. Also it's a well established fact that I write a column for PPP and so I didn't think I was hiding anything especially as it's in my sig. And perhaps because I know Karl and PPP Pit Boss a little better than you do I am better qualified to understand the spirit the offer was made in. All your doing quite frankly is spoiling it for the future. Why should they bother putting themselves out for this kind of grief? Think about it.

I am however very very guilty of using a slapdash comment - Cake and eat it - I shall write out a hundred lines.... That was very poor writing..... And indeed what is the point of having a cake and not eating it?

It's as one radio phone in guest put it: "A vicious spiral"

I do think a festival ticket might be a nice idea for next year?
    Along the lines of this, is it possible to allocate blocks of credit (say €1000 a pop) as prizes to be used in ay way the winner wants over the course of the festival? If this is the main side event, or part of the main event fee, or even the main event super sat. Maybe the credit would be given in voucher form at the Event registration desk to be used at any event over the weekend?

Might be a stupid idea maybe though, and I don't know if it is compatible with your registration procedures even.

Also, my handbag has been given back. I tend to get less grumpy when it is near to work leaving time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

for the future - Opinion.
    Well it's poker festival really and the side events are also worth playing so if you have a poker site that offers Sats, I see no logical reason for not having a sat into a 1k event. Anyway, I hope the week goes sucessfully for you and we get A) an Irish winner and B) Someone I know winning. (be they lurker, poster or Jimmy from the chipper)

thanks for the reply

Williec

• Advertisement

Fatboydim wrote:
    "A vicious spiral"
    I never thought he was violent. I must be careful next time I am on the same table as him.

5starpool wrote:
    Along the lines of this, is it possible to allocate blocks of credit (say €1000 a pop) as prizes to be used in ay way the winner wants over the course of the festival? If this is the main side event, or part of the main event fee, or even the main event super sat. Maybe the credit would be given in voucher form at the Event registration desk to be used at any event over the weekend?.

It's a bloody good idea, I like it. Thanks for that

Fatboydim wrote:
    It's as one radio phone in guest put it: "A vicious spiral"

Leave Spiral out of this! and he's not vicious he is just very silly.

Damn yuor speed 5star...

btw. COME ON PSV

Vicious and now bloody...Is your gander up Boss?:)

I do agree though a v. good idea.

Let's lay off WH now. I think he's got the message.

Hoki for the IO.

No problem, one block of credit as reward will be enough. TY.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

:eek:

is the word mustard flagged on boards or something? :confused:

Believe it or not, ecksor actually enjoys a game of poker as well as mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

ianmc38 wrote:
    Believe it or not, ecksor actually enjoys a game of poker with his mustard.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ianmc38 wrote:
    Believe it or not, ecksor actually enjoys a game of poker as well as mustard.
    Best card protector in Irish poker....and that includes the infamous turd!

BigDragon wrote:
    Best card protector in Irish poker....and that includes the infamous turd!
    It is distinctive, I will give him that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

1. FTP run very successful Side Event Ticket games where the winner gets a ticket to any $1500 event and $500 cash. Thay HAVE to play the event and can't take the cash alone.

2. There are plenty of people that may invest the odd $100 trying to qualify for a €1k event but could not budget $600 trying for a ME ticket.

3. Can you have Mustard only qualifiers next year ;)

Advertisement