Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.ie order - probably worst service ever

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Doc OC

Actually, I should have calmed down and not overreact on what was going on. Turns out that when I put in the RAM that was in the PC previously, one set of RAM wasn't compatible. If truth be told, the description for the motherboard on Dabs states that the motherboard was compatible with PC-4300 memory. Luckily I had bought PC 5300 memory only a few months ago otherwise I wouldn't have known what was wrong.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4JWT&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=p35+neo&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

In the end, I'm glad nothing was damaged but I have one gig less now but I'll get some more soon for my birthday on the 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

dame wrote: »
    A WARNING TO ALL THINKING OF USING DABS.IE: DON'T!

I ordered a Christmas present (which was in stock) from them over two weeks ago, got the security check emails and all that and eventually last Friday (14th) got an email saying my order had been dispatched and I'd have it within 1-3 days. Great I thought, I'll have it by Wednesday evening. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No chance! I'm still waiting and surprise surprise, getting no joy from emailing them. I don't even want to try that rubbish chat thing. I've just emailed them again on that csmanager@dabs.com that someone mentioned above, so we'll see if that gets me a reply and an explanation for the delay. If I don't have the item by Monday afternoon I am cancelling the order, and I have told them that.

If I had read this thread before ordering I would not have ordered. The few euro I'll have saved (if the order arrives) is just not worth the hassle.

By the way, the item was dispatched through Royal Mail which of course has no tracking number. For an item over E200 that's a bit lackadaisical.

Well, my order has arrived, today. All's well that ends well....it's here in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

dame wrote: »
    Well, my order has arrived, today. All's well that ends well....it's here in time for Christmas.

Today? Was it delivered by An Post of GLS? I know An Post was delivering today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Today? Was it delivered by An Post of GLS? I know An Post was delivering today

I don't know, it was out on the front step when we got up. There were no courier stickers on it though, just Royal Mail Air Mail, so I presume it was An Post.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

PC was ordered 22 Dec.

They sent the security mail on 22nd, to which we replyed. Then they decided after 5 working days that they couldn't send the PC to an address different from the card address, so they wanted another mail confirmation which was sent to them on the 2nd January. We sent it again on the 3rd after talking to that delightful chat thingy (they told us they lost the mail) and they promised they would despatch the pc on the 3rd. Status didn't change all weekend.

So this morning, I check to see if the status has changed... the order was CANCELLED! According to chatbot, we didn't reply to the second mail and they cancelled the order!!!

They are f*cking idiots, so frustrating and their customer service is soo annoying and totally unhelpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kieranhr

I was in the market for a new PC and around €1200 worth of software. I found it on dabs.ie for €2045 and was all set to order, but I googled them first, and found a few threads like this one. It also worried me that they have no method of contact apart from that live chat, which I tried a few times and got a "no-one available" message.
    So I went on to Elara.ie (thanks Fionn) and got the exact same stuff for €2159, which their customer representative (who was actually there to answer my query) assures me will be here by the end of the week. I don't mind paying that extra hundred-odd euro if I get the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

I really wanted to use these people. Owned by BT I thought they had the profesionalism to back them up. I've waited 1.5 months on a significant business order, I have a phone number for them (which is hard to get), but my rep and his supervisor won't take my calls. Nobody else will deal with the issue either. It's a real pity because they are very competitive on price.

They blame their couriers for a lot of the issues. However, they seem to be having labelling issues from their end. Unfortunately the persons name and county isn't good enough for delivery over here in 'Eire'.

kieranhr wrote: »
    I was in the market for a new PC and around €1200 worth of software. I found it on dabs.ie for €2045 and was all set to order, but I googled them first, and found a few threads like this one. It also worried me that they have no method of contact apart from that live chat, which I tried a few times and got a "no-one available" message.
    So I went on to Elara.ie (thanks Fionn) and got the exact same stuff for €2159, which their customer representative (who was actually there to answer my query) assures me will be here by the end of the week. I don't mind paying that extra hundred-odd euro if I get the service.

Just to follow on from my first post, I've been back to elara three times since - to but extra RAM for two other PC's, to buy some wireless network equipment and for a bluetooth adaptor - and each time they have delivered the stuff to me within two to four business days. Why would you go anywhere else with service like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Many thanks to anyone who contributed to this thread.

I just cancelled my dabs.ie order for a PC, following two extensions to delivery time, a take-it-or-leave it price increase, and much ado about my credit card's validity.

I also went to elara and completed a purchase in five minutes, including account sign-up, for a negligible (c. €10) price differential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dabs Manager

Hi,

I am tworking to improve some issues for dabs.ie and dabs4work.ie:

1. Credit and security turn-around time
    2. Delivery issues
    3. Customer Service

1. Historically there has been stringent security checking on dabs and this has forced orders to be manually checked.

The speed and accuracy of these checks is improving, we have introduced a faster turn-around service. Since mid-March credit vetting has improved and we will reply to all requests within 2 days.
    If you have not received a prompt response please post here and I will escalate it. Alternatively please contact csmanager@dabs.com.

2. Today orders are either sent via Royal Mail or Parcelforce from the UK. Once they arrive in Ireland An Post, or GLS will deliver.
    Should you have any issues with delivery, please contact:

GLS are contactable on: http://www.gls-ireland.com/en/home/index.html or by phone on: 01-866200

GLS tracking: http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/5004.htm

We are also actively seeking new delivery partners to improve this service.

3. Customer Service

As with Credit checking we have improved customer service via our web-chat and hope to introduce a direct service number for our dabs4work.ie sites.
    Again, please post here if you are not receiving good service and I will action it, or contact csmanager@dabs.com.

Best wishes,

Larry,
    Manager dabs Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 evilearthwormj

I ordered a ram chip on the 28/08/08 and it was shipped a day later via Royal Mail and I received an email saying that the order had been shipped and should be with me within 1-3 working days.

I still haven't received the package. Royal Mail don't offer any tracking options so I emailed assistance@dabs.ie on Tuesday, asking where my package might be. I only got an automated reply and nothing else.

Yesterday I finally found and connected to the Chat service (it isn't easy to find contact info on the website) and was told that I would have to wait 10 working days before I could raise a complaint or query about the order. So I have to wait until tuesday the 12th until I can proceed on Dabs chat to find out what happened my order.

So far I've ordered 4 times and this is the first problem I've had. I was going to buy a laptop today on the site but I think I'll wait until I see it in a shop as my faith is shaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So far I've ordered 4 times and this is the first problem I've had. I was going to buy a laptop today on the site but I think I'll wait until I see it in a shop as my faith is shaken.

I ordered a Laptop for a guy at work, he has no credit card of his own and 3V only works to 350euro. Anyway, it shipped with Parcel Farce and then got handed to GLS, who lost it. I didn't have to wait 10 days after contacting them, they asked Parcel Farce to investigate and they replied within about 24 hours saying they didn't know where it was.

Dabs re-sent the laptop, saying I should get it in 1-3 days, but it took 7 days to arrive. GLS are undoubtedly the worst delivery agent going, and are the reason I won't use Dabs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

stay away from Dabs....ordered Samsung montior from them last December...arrived broken...screen was cracked all over....took me 6 months to get my money back.....in that time i would say i was emailing them every day trying to sort it out but they are so inefficient....
    komplett is the only way for me or ebay with certain stuff.....may pack a few euro extra but worth the money in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shayanzadeh

I ordered from them back in january, an ipod, had the issue everyone did but then finally it came.It was a pain in the bottom...

Ordered again a month ago, g5 mouse, took only 2 days to go trough the "security check" which was better then first time :D , but it arrived like 8 days later.

Few days a go i ordered from komplett. they rejected me order. then they blocked my account, long story short the emailed me saying they cant say why they did it... wtf ! BS

Now im ordering of dabs again , 8800gts and psu, still 3 days in "security check" ... still waiting :(

I'm going to say it again. I've nothing but good words for elara.ie:

"Just to follow on from my first post, I've been back to elara three times since - to buy extra RAM for two other PC's, to buy some wireless network equipment and for a bluetooth adaptor - and each time they have delivered the stuff to me within two to four business days. Why would you go anywhere else with service like that?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I'd like to vouch for Elara.ie as well. Their website isn't as slick, but if you go in there you'll see they have a great wealth of stuff. Used by people in the know in the tech industry in Ireland.

Got a new intel atom EEE pc there in just 1.5 working days. Couldn't believe the delivery time. Plus they take laser :D

aphex™ wrote: »
    I'd like to vouch for Elara.ie as well. Their website isn't as slick, but if you go in there you'll see they have a great wealth of stuff. Used by people in the know in the tech industry in Ireland.

Got a new intel atom EEE pc there in just 1.5 working days. Couldn't believe the delivery time. Plus they take laser :D

Got mine in .5 of a day (Dublin address) :D Was thrilled with the delivery time. Ordered at 10am, had it before leaving work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Few days a go i ordered from komplett. they rejected me order. then they blocked my account, long story short the emailed me saying they cant say why they did it... wtf ! BS

Check with your bank or credit card provider, and see if they blocked Komplett, it could be that. And as other say, give elara a try. They even have a forum here for queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shayanzadeh

jor el wrote: »
    Check with your bank or credit card provider, and see if they blocked Komplett, it could be that. And as other say, give elara a try. They even have a forum here for queries.

Well it doesnt matter now, since i ordered off dabs and its on it say :D

What does matter is that on my card, it has the amount of the order with komplett under "Outstanding Auth." for the last week :mad:

I dont know why. Even tough the amount isnt bein taken it looks like their waiting for Autharisation... its a bid annoying seing it there.

BTW im 15 and cba calling the credit card provider :p

Also the card is a pre-paid visa card my dad gave me and its not a real credit card, the origin of the card is in kuiwait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallmurph

going throught a nightmare with dabs right now. worst customer service I have EVER encountered. will cancel the order if it's not sorted by close of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

My brother ordered an iPod classic recently on dabs, and twice, they rejected my Dad's credit cards, despite the fact they both worked fine for other things.

Then, I used Paypal to pay for him, and it has been giving the above message for the last week or so. All emails to them are going unanswered. I contacted Paypal, and they said the problem was on Dabs' end.

So should I just cancel my order and accept they are a crappy company, or is there anything I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

DABS is truly a terrible company to deal with...steer waaaaaaaay clear of them!

After days of looking at an error message "Awaiting Address Authorisation" I got well and truly tired of waiting and speaking to totally un-helpfull "customer service" staff on their poxy popup chat system.

This is 2009 folks, I cant BELIEVE an e-company this bad can survive in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmnm..I've ordered loads of stuff off them with no problems whatsoever.
    Nearly all bar the memory that was out of stock all arrived on the 3rd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

acman wrote: »
    DABS is truly a terrible company to deal with...steer waaaaaaaay clear of them!

After days of looking at an error message "Awaiting Address Authorisation" I got well and truly tired of waiting and speaking to totally un-helpfull "customer service" staff on their poxy popup chat system.

This is 2009 folks, I cant BELIEVE an e-company this bad can survive in this day and age

It's 2013 now. Placed my order over 2 weeks ago, been in touch with the customer service since - the order is in "processing" stage and nobody know when they'll send it.

It was my last ever order form dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Hi,
    I have weird experience (good and bad) with dabs.
    1> Ordered few items from a Cork address. The credit card was rejected and order cancelled. Some address verification issue. :mad:
    2> Few months later, I moved to Dublin (postcode area). Used same credit card and ordered few items and this time items arrived after a week. :D

Me thinks its the issue with address put in. Dabs.ie doesn't like some irish addreses.
    Happy with Dublin address and not with Cork address.
    Very weird..

Advertisement