Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.ie order - probably worst service ever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I ordered PC components for my brother Wednesday before last, and it all arrived within a week, with the case coming yesterday (though we knew it was out of stock at time of order). So, no problems here, nor did I have to endure address or ID verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Sorry to bump up an old thread like this but I placed an order with dabs on Friday evening and had a similar issue.

Received an email at 6.30am this morning asking for more information about my address etc. and the status of my order on the dabs site was awaiting security check or clearance or something or other!

Replied by half 8 this morning, got onto their live chat at about 12.30 after I had read this thread thinking I would have to cancel the order and was told to allow 8-10 working hours for this to be cleared up.

Half 2 I get another email saying it was resolved and now my order is awaiting processing, will see how long it takes to get here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I guess its just luck of the draw

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

My order went from ''awaiting security check'' to ''completed'' this morning. After replying to all their emails and so on, the credit card has been accepted and it would appear that the money deducted.

Would you think that my order is officially in the post as we speak?
    Also I know it says wait up 24hrs, but do people usually get there e-receipts instantly?

Also word to those not in the know which I was pretty pissed off to find, Dabs.ie dont take 'Irish' Maestro Cards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

wouldn't recommend them after first order - took nearly two weeks to deliver an in-stock item. kept giving me the run around - like wait another few days - then contact us again. used dabs.co.uk in the past, but would/could not recommend dabs.ie

• Advertisement

BCawley wrote: »
    My order went from ''awaiting security check'' to ''completed'' this morning. After replying to all their emails and so on, the credit card has been accepted and it would appear that the money deducted.

Would you think that my order is officially in the post as we speak?
    Also I know it says wait up 24hrs, but do people usually get there e-receipts instantly?

Also word to those not in the know which I was pretty pissed off to find, Dabs.ie dont take 'Irish' Maestro Cards :(

No probably not. I ordered my parts from dabs.ie on a Friday evening, order went to completed on Monday and it said they were shipped.

Received a tracking number for it on Tuesday but item was not sent until Tueday evening according to dabs chat service. The tracking number then showed the item was only collected and sent on the Friday - a week after ordering.

Part of the package was received on Monday and the second part on Tuesday.

Not the best service in the world but everything arrived within 2 weeks so won't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

For those who've ordered from Dabs recently, did you check the price or your components against Komplett or other sites first? The reason I ask is that the last few times I ordered from Komplett I checked the same (or similar) items on Dabs and overall I found no difference (or only a few euro on an order of several hundred). Given the hit and miss nature of the delivery times from Dabs, it wouldn't encourage me to try them now (been about 7 years since I ordered from them but had no delay like this).

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

I ordered a router (WRT54GL-UK) from DABS in the early hours of last friday morning.

Price incl delivery was about 10% less than Komplett & Komplett only had the EU version which would require a power adapter.

The item was dispatched within 24 hours & has been bouncing around the ludicrous Irish GLS courier network for the last 3 days. I discovered this pm that it has been returned to the warehouse as it was "incorrectly addressed". It wasn't & no-one attempted to ring me to verify my location.

Looks like I'll have to take time off work to pick it up at the warehouse. I now know through Google that GLS Ireland have an abysmal record. If I'd known that I wouldn't have ordered from DABS & I never intend to do so again.

Well I ordered from Dabs as they had a couple of items cheaper than Komplett and they also had some items which Komplett didn't have altogether. For example my case+psu combo, Komplett do not have many of them. Overall a similar build from Komplett would have cost approx. €40-€60 more. Not an awful lot but I was on a strict budget so it helped.

At the end of the day when buying online if it gets to you within 2 weeks its acceptable, imo. I ordered on a Friday evening so may as well have been a Monday morning as it wasnt processed until then anyway so it took 7 working days for it all to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Had four orders off them over the last few weeks. No problems. Had to swap one item as they sent the wrong connection. Again, no problems with any of their service, including the online help.

My 80G & 320G maxtors arrived yesterday with my new Corsair TX750W PSU.

Birthday present to myself. :D

Will be looking at graphics cards next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm cranky today so I'll complain too..
    I bought something off them a few weeks ago and had a few days of the "we're checking your card details" rubbish as well. I had two important but straight forward questions regarding one of their policies which I attempted asking on the online chat support. On two occasions instead of giving me a straight answers the girls I spoke to just copied and pasted irrelevant tracts of text from the FAQ in response to me. Neither occasion came close to addressing my question. It was a case of third time lucky but to be honest I wouldn't fancy trying to negociate a genuine problem with the first two people I spoke to there. It would kind of put me off going back.

Oh and while I'm at it my camera and assorted bits and pieces from Dabs.ie were very poorly packed. I ordered a camera ,a charger and one other small but heavy-ish item. All were just piled into a huge cardboard box and let rattle around all the way to Galway.There was a large dent in the side of my cameras box from other items banging into it.Even the delivery guy joked that he was intrigued to hear so much rattling from a huge box and that whatever it was he hadn't broken it.Also said as he handed it to me that he hoped it wasn't a laptop. It was all in one piece other than the box my camera came in being a bit battered looking but I thought it was shoddy all the same.

Now , I'm done giving out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

I been having some problems with dabs myself. So after a lot of searching for a faster way to contact them i found this "csmanager@dabs.com" i mailed them via this address and surely enough within 5 minutes i had a reply :D
    So spam your order questions here instead of the regular silly contacts for em that take days to answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Nice one. They are accepting payment by Paypal now. I am hoping this will end the security check circle of hell I have been sent to when using my Visa card and my debit card. At all times "customer service", Live Chat, has been an utter joke. I have the feeling it'll fcuk up again because they haven't included the shipping price in the Paypal transaction.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I tried to pay Dabs.ie with paypal on my first, and only ever order for a printer I really really needed and which no one else showed in stock.

I too got stuck in awaiting security check hell for 4 days. With the same online chat messing as has been mentioned above. I cancelled the order as it was the only way to change the payment type. Then my new order paid by cc got stuck as well, though only for a day. Eventually I got a lovely email saying my printer has been despatched, on the 29th. Ive still not received it, and checking with parcelforce, I see it entered their system on the 1st Dec(not 29th) and doesnt seem to have moved from their depot since. The delivery times they estimate are woefully optimistic. Im now 10 days and counting from my original order. The supplier I decided not to use would have had it in stock and to my door by now.

Never, ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AnotherHelenD

Surprise - I have something nice to say about Dabs.ie

Parcelforce on the other hand deserve a complaints thread all of their own.

I ordered an iPod and a memory card from Dabs (nearly cancelled when I saw this thread).
    Parcelforce online tracking indicated the package had been 'damaged' and there was an 'address adjustment'. The 'adjustment' seems to have been that my name no longer appeared on the package. When the package was eventually located in work (3 days) it had been torn/opened and the iPod was gone.

I waited 15 minutes for online chat in which time I'd typed all the details.
    When the assistant came online clicked send waited another 5 minutes while they looked into it.

Their response was 'Another iPod is being sent to you...and asked me to retain the packaging etc.'

I know I'm entitled to a replacement but some companies can be very difficult about these things.
    It was posted the following day. I thought it was a very efficient service.

ps Parcelforce took 6 days to respond to my email looking for agent/adjusted address - a bit late in the day. I presume they will be paying for the new iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

'Order status: Security check - awaiting response to our mail' ALL DAY.
    Product just popped up as in stock with Komplett so I'm gone.

Hate to say it but I have just gone through the exact same thing. Same trouble with the security check. I just canceled my order though as I didn't want to be waiting what would probably be days according to experience on this thread. Time to take my business back to komplett.

I'm now going through an RMA with them for a faulty motherboard (not their fault), had arranged for collection of the item yesterday and GLS called on Tuesday (again probably not their fault) but it was picked up then yesterday when I was there.

Will see how painful/painless this process is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Doc OC

I'm ordering a new motherboard and processor off of dabs, I got the security e-mail and replied yesterday. Let's see now how long this will take. I can't switch to komplett since I'm using 3v.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just to say that I ordered off Dabs there last week (found this thread just after ordering).

Got the obligatory security email and replied straight away, four days later no response, no change in the order status, no help from the online customer service teams and no replies to emails.

Cancelled the order 15 minutes ago and ordered the same item on Elara.ie for a few quid more.

First and last time ordering from Dabs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

god damn it they suck!
    first time ordering last friday and yes got the verify your home address, delivery address, work phone number, home phone number, shoe size etc..etc..
    I mean I paid using payfal ffs??? I won't be using them again and if my order does not change status I'll fork out the extra 30 euro and goto Komplett for what I want.
    Their online chat support service is nothing more then a load of people looking at keywords in the questions and pasting standard answers. I asked two different questions of the woman and got the same cut/paste respone - really crap crappy and crapper service. I can't believe they can get away with it.....
    I have never had this please verify your addresses issue before either by phone or e-mail...why do they do that?? they use verify by visa and securecode ffs and paypal yet still need verification??? anal if you ask me....!

on a side issue I would like to question their right to have a .ie address also ( I know Komplett have one too) but surely there is a .ie site out there that is in IRELAND ?? if you know of any please let me know.

just read the post above I'll look at elara.ie tks..

went to elara and found item 7euro cheaper and in stock so cancelled on dabs.ie - never ever going there again, it's simply not good enough imo for an online ordering service.

Update!

Got two emails this morning saying my refund had been authorised for the faulty motherboard I returned, it was picked up last Wednesday and a refund has been sent back to my card today so at least they have a decent turn around time on returns if nothing else!

Right, they replied to the security email and I was charged last Thursday. It wasn't until Monday that I was told the package was dispatched as well as being emailed the invoice and delivery info. I'm hoping that at least one part of my order will arrive by this week but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You would presume paypal the safest option to buy online? Its not good enough for dabs.ie anyway! Got the security check email! Replied to it straight away and I told them if it wasn't fixed by tonight im going to order off OCUK they may be 25euro dearer but they don't bloody screw you over numerous times!

Its the 3rd time this has happened me, you think I would have learned my lesson :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Thought Pixmania were bad looking for a copy of my passport or driving license to be faxed to a french telephone number. Yeah I'm that stupid, you shower of morons. But DABS.IE make pixmania look like angels. 4 days waiting for security check, arsehole Scott on that chat to a rep crap. Chat to a moronic imbecile more like it. Never again will I deal with such an ARSE of a company. Sorry for the rant but Christmas is getting close and order still not here.

Tell me about it. Dabs took 4 days to dispatch my order. According to parcelforce my package is still "Export item accepted into network". Hopefully it'll arrive in Ireland by tonight but I have doubts. If it is delivered on tuesday, I then would have waited nearly 2 weeks, as much as Viking did.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.
    I ordered a set of creative s750 speakers from ddabs because overclockers.co.uk said they could not deliver anything with magnets to Ireland.
    When i placed the order they were in stock but i recieved an email saying they are out and it says the same on the site now.
    After reading this thread i decided to cancel the order but i cannot log into my account on dabs.ie. It says welcome to "my name" on the dabs page but when i try to log in it gives me a wrong password error. Even after i copied and pasted the password they auto mailed me. Pain in the ass.
    Will the Bank of Ireland block the transaction from going through if i phone them in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

A WARNING TO ALL THINKING OF USING DABS.IE: DON'T!

I ordered a Christmas present (which was in stock) from them over two weeks ago, got the security check emails and all that and eventually last Friday (14th) got an email saying my order had been dispatched and I'd have it within 1-3 days. Great I thought, I'll have it by Wednesday evening. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No chance! I'm still waiting and surprise surprise, getting no joy from emailing them. I don't even want to try that rubbish chat thing. I've just emailed them again on that csmanager@dabs.com that someone mentioned above, so we'll see if that gets me a reply and an explanation for the delay. If I don't have the item by Monday afternoon I am cancelling the order, and I have told them that.

If I had read this thread before ordering I would not have ordered. The few euro I'll have saved (if the order arrives) is just not worth the hassle.

By the way, the item was dispatched through Royal Mail which of course has no tracking number. For an item over E200 that's a bit lackadaisical.

EDIT: I got the parts and turned out they were alright. The package the parts came in was too big though and there was no bubble wrap or anything to cushion the contents inside.

As for Dabs, although my package took two weeks to arrive and had some trouble with Parcelforce and GLS, it still came and on a Saturday morning as well.

I would have to say that Dabs are okay; not great but will sooner or later get the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lissavane wrote: »
    Price incl delivery was about 10% less than Komplett & Komplett only had the EU version which would require a power adapter.
    Any stuff that I get off Komplett that needs an EU plug always comes with a converter plug, or there's an option to order one for a euro or two.

=-=

Doc OC, if the fan for the CPU spins, it's the CPU. If it doesn't spin, it's most likely the mobo. Also, check for lights. No lights at all, definite mobo failure.

Advertisement