Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Deep Stack Saturday 3rd March

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lazare wrote:
    you probably got me to lay down the best hand on that 10 high board earlier with similar garbage. I had 10dJd.

nah i had you whipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

ocallagh wrote:
    the SE is rigged. Every time I raised I ran into monsters. TT into AA. QQ into KK and JJ. TT into JJ and JJ. AQ into unkown. AK into AQ on AQx board. Then the final hand KQ into KK.

Wow, Niall. You get great cards. :p lol

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

I so wanted to push there but i was afraid that you had flopped 2 pair.

I had K4o btw :cool:

i had such a nice draw but with you behind me had to fold. Also how bad am i playing i knew your man had aces even said it and still pushed with my kings. thats just not bright!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Could only manage a disappointing 5th in this. It was a bit of an allin fest with 5 allins in the 1st 5 hands. I tried a few raises with mediocre hands and people kept going over the top. Lost a nice chunk of chips early on when i called a 26k into a 80k pot with 9d8d on a Jh6d4d board.

Got a double up then when a hit a set with 99 agaisnt KK but my luck ran out when i lost a race with 77 v AQ in a 160k pot. The 4 lads left were considering a deal just as i was leaving so not sure which way it finished up. Heres hoping the online qualifier goes better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Hard luck man. Who were the 4 left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

That was my KK you dogged. If it held up I think I would have been chip leader with 6 to go :( .

I got a good start to-day when I laid down J 10 on a J high board which would have put me out. Next hand I knocked out smurph when my AK help up v her AQ (sorry Smurph) and suddenly I've 110k+ and cruising. Less then an orbit later Im button - utg makes it 3 BBs, you go AI for 65k odd and I peep down at KK, nearly folded cause I actually thought I smelt AA somewhere but
    was happy to see your 99 when OR folds AK. The three clubs on the flop meant when you hit your 9 I still had lots of outs. Ah well.

The 40k I had left meant push push, only got 1 past then ran 66 into Martin's KK - no dogging by me.

I was a bit lucky to make the FT when Conor Smith with 14 to go pushed with about 10 bbs into my bb. I had him covered by about 1.5 times and I had suited A 10 and after a long think called. He flips AJ suited and I caught a 10 on a flop that had 2 of his suits so I had a big turn river sweat but lucked out.

Brill tourney - hope I get another visa (this one cost me half my winnings :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was my KK you dogged. If it held up I think I would have been chip leader with 6 to go :( .

I got a good start to-day when I laid down J 10 on a J high board which would have put me out. Next hand I knocked out smurph when my AK help up v her AQ (sorry Smurph) and suddenly I've 110k+ and cruising. Less then an orbit later Im button - utg makes it 3 BBs, you go AI for 65k odd and I peep down at KK, nearly folded cause I actually thought I smelt AA somewhere but
    was happy to see your 99 when OR folds AK. The three clubs on the flop meant when you hit your 9 I still had lots of outs. Ah well.

The 40k I had left meant push push, only got 1 past then ran 66 into Martin's KK - no dogging by me.

I was a bit lucky to make the FT when Conor Smith with 14 to go pushed with about 10 bbs into my bb. I had him covered by about 1.5 times and I had suited A 10 and after a long think called. He flips AJ suited and I caught a 10 on a flop that had 2 of his suits so I had a big turn river sweat but lucked out.

Brill tourney - hope I get another visa (this one cost me half my winnings :D )

Hard luck today - I must say that you played a very solid game yesterday - despite the rub of the green against Connor - his range was much wider than what he had.

Yeah 30something i know it was u. I wasnt banking on anyone behind me waking up with hand. Just trying to steal the 22k in the pot. Ul mate

4 left were Martin, Spiral, Delanec8 and Jay i think his name is

Flushdraw wrote:
    Jay i think his name is

It is. Absolute cardrack yesterday. Great result for Spiral. Nice fella to play cards with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

UL Tony, we need details if ya get a chance..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Flushdraw wrote:
    Yeah 30something i know it was u. I wasnt banking on anyone behind me waking up with hand. Just trying to steal the 22k in the pot. Ul mate

4 left were Martin, Spiral, Delanec8 and Jay i think his name is
    is that Jay with the bad neck?

is that Jay with the bad neck?

No not that Jay. Bloke in his late 50s/early 60s.

Wes,

no details really to add. Didnt get any hands at the FT and because of all the allins, it was difficult to get a riase through so i commited myself to a button raise and call a push from the BB. He has AQ and i had 77. Ace on the flop and its game over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

AKQJ10 wrote:
    good luck delanec8 hopeyou can take this down.

Cheers, I guess i did in a way. It was split 4 ways between Spiral, Martin, Jay and me(should be "I", no?) for effectively €3K each. At the time there was less than 50K between chipleader and shortstack so there was no major discrepancy in what everyone deserved.

In saying that, i think i was probably giving up a little by agreeing to the deal(i was 2nd in chips, just 10K behind Spiral). If i had a more argumentative personality we may still be playing:) . All the same, I was the short stack when we came back for the final 8 so i shouldn't be annoyed really.

Quality tournament btw. I hardly ever play live tournaments but i'll probably play this whenever i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

delanec8 wrote:
    Cheers, I guess i did in a way. It was split 4 ways between Spiral, Martin, Jay and me(should be "I", no?) for effectively €3K each. At the time there was less than 50K between chipleader and shortstack so there was no major discrepancy in what everyone deserved.

In saying that, i think i was probably giving up a little by agreeing to the deal(i was 2nd in chips, just 10K behind Spiral). If i had a more argumentative personality we may still be playing:) . All the same, I was the short stack when we came back for the final 8 so i shouldn't be annoyed really.

Quality tournament btw. I hardly ever play live tournaments but i'll probably play this whenever i can.

Well played, nice result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great result Delanec8, very nice payday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Never really got going at the final table. The only hand I played was when it was folded to me on the Button with AQ and no brainer really, all in only to find SB with AK:o (30something), so that's all she wrote. Thoroughly enjoyed the tournament.

Played the €50 freezeout after I got knocked out and felt like the chiefs daughter, Got runner runner straight to take a 19K pot before the break, Flop came up Js 9s 8d, I have JhKs, so i bet 1.5k raised all in to 4.5k by player A re-raised to 9.5K by player B, so i called (as you do:rolleyes: )

Player A has J 8 for 2 pair
    Player B has 8 9 for 2 pair, ouch

Q on the Turn, and magic 10 on the river for my straight.
    Then proceeded to donk all my chips away after the break, the heart wasn't really in the game, too busy checking out how martin was doing.

Great result for the guys who split it.

smurph wrote:
    Played the €50 freezeout after I got knocked out..
    :eek:

Pure and utter degeneracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

I know but flush draw is my marker, so ive a long way to go:D :D

11 hours live, followed by another couple of hours on the net, I think he sleeps around June each year.

Advertisement