Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Deep Stack Saturday 3rd March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ianmc38 wrote:
    If my trip to Dollymount Strand with my new metal detector proves fruitful, then i should make this. Else, it's the old, wheelchair, Stevie Wonder style shades and empty coffee cup outside HMV trick again...

If you do get €200 together - don't waste it on a donkament. You're rubbish at them...

...€100 last longest??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

oh, and maybe a rogering from the perverts in the sand dunes

A very disturbing thought but sure if it makes you 200 bucks go ahead. You can make 300 on Portmarnock....ahem, or so I heard :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Solksjaer wrote:
    A very disturbing thought but sure if it makes you 200 bucks go ahead. You can make 300 on Portmarnock....ahem, or so I heard :o

a richer class of pervert around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If you do get €200 together - don't waste it on a donkament. You're rubbish at them...

...€100 last longest??

If i do play i'll be sure not to overplay AA and bust out in the first level like another donk i know :p

ianmc38 wrote:
    If i do play i'll be sure not to overplay AA and bust out in the first level like another donk i know :p

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Phil-Dublin

last time i went there, the aircon was on the blink and i was at a table up the back of the place

was it a sweat box ???

well the guy to my left shook his head at one point and i was drowned in it, :eek: an umbrella would have been a good idea

was it uncomfortable ??

i would prefer to stand in the rain on a winters morning, having forgotten to bring my jacket or umbrella

it was a good turnout and the people were fiendly for the most part, after all, my expectations wouldnt have been that high dealing with Cork people to begin with. Most of them suffer from a superiority complex.

will i be going ??? 63.48%

will i be welcome ?? 22.83%

could i win ?? only if i turn up:)

please confirm air con is fully functional to increase my odds of actually taking the trip

Phil

the people were fiendly

good read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Subject to receiving visa from wife and kids will be there :D

Visa acquired (at considerable expense) - will be donating ... are cards "really" in the air at 6.30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

speaking as a resident of a location adjacent to Dollymount, I would say that the only thing you are likely to get when you appear on the beach with an expensive piece of electrical equipment is a good mugging

oh, and maybe a rogering from the perverts in the sand dunes

I recommend Sandymount as a better location for finding buried treasure

There's trolleys in them there sands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Visa acquired (at considerable expense) - will be donating ... are cards "really" in the air at 6.30?

6.30 very sharp for this tourney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I've decided to work my goddamn ass off in work tomorrow and try and ge out at 6 and then hit the SE. Too much value at this to miss :p

LLoyd i'll go a last longest with you....keep it manageable at €50 and we'll get 5 or 6 in on this.

Ok. But I will post here tomorrow to confirm. I might have to be a non - runner as, despite the fact that I know I am playing some really good poker - I am on a sick, sick run. I'm really hurting after some of the beats and situations I've found over the last two months both live and on - line.

Aggghhhh!!!!:(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ok. But I will post here tomorrow to confirm. I might have to be a non - runner as, despite the fact that I know I am playing some really good poker - I am on a sick, sick run. I'm really hurting after some of the beats and situations I've found over the last two months both live and on - line.

Aggghhhh!!!!:(
    I hear ya buddy. I won't be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

i should be there pending what time i get back from offaly at.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What was that about 10 days off Rob, or was that only online sats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Is this still a 2 day event?

Shortstack wrote:
    Is this still a 2 day event?

If it is absolutely neccesary to bring people back to finish off on the Sunday they will. Otherwise, the tournament will run until a finish // 6am.

I have green gunk flowing out of me at a rate of knots so will have to skip...gl all

I'm multitabling in bed. Too cosy. And im on the last 2 tables of a stars MTT so cant leave that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

ianmc38 wrote:
    I'm multitabling in bed. Too cosy. And im on the last 2 tables of a stars MTT so cant leave that.

How'd that go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Slept in.... cash games later-best sleep ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ianmc38 wrote:

FCK THAT MULTI TABLIN - START MASTERBATIN - LOL:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

aodea is gone... larf! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

the SE is rigged. Every time I raised I ran into monsters. TT into AA. QQ into KK and JJ. TT into JJ and JJ. AQ into unkown. AK into AQ on AQx board. Then the final hand KQ into KK.

ocallagh wrote:
    the SE is rigged. Every time I raised I ran into monsters. TT into AA. QQ into KK and JJ. TT into JJ and JJ. AQ into unkown. AK into AQ on AQx board. Then the final hand KQ into KK.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

wow ocallagh thats some freaky sh@t man, vul....
    was there much of a turn out.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ditpoker is dead for being cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

yep, 9 tables. Looked like it was going to be a long one and I'm so ****ing happy I'm nowehere near the place right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

9 tables, so 80 approx runners I think.

My seat draw was unfavourable, with Dave Masters to my immediate left and the legendary Chief Brody next to him. The Chief filled a river gutshot straight to double up during Level 1 and immediately took control of the table. He was soon knocking people out left, right and centre and was clear tournament chip leader at dinner break. Upon resumption, however, he spewed away in numerous pots and took one gamble too many when his AT failed to improve against Mr Smurph's 77. Blinds and antes were beginning to really hurt my stack by this stage and I followed The Chief to the rails when I made a routine squeeze shove with 88 from the blinds and ran into raiser's 10s. Mr Smurph had 120k+ when I left and there were still 4 tables playing, so I would expect him to go close. And Smurph herself was still in contention too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

Mr Smurp had taken all my chips when he rivered a Royal Flush. Wasnt too gutted as I had figured he didnt have AK or AQ which would have p1ssed me off as I rivered a full house
    Blinds were 400/800 I think .
    Mr Smurp had limped in along with John in the SB
    I had AJ and checked
    Flop comes AhQhKd .
    I check it into Papa here (possibly should have bet?)
    When he checks behind me I know I am ahead
    Turn comes Ad.
    Now I bet 2000.
    He calls
    River is Jd.
    I bet 2,500 he raises to 7500.
    I actually do think of flat calling for a second, but my gut feeling was he would pay me for a straight or a flush
    Like I said I didnt even think of the royal flush.
    I go all in for 32,000 odd and he calls in a minisecond with his royal flush.
    ahhhhhhhh

Advertisement