Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Deep Stack Saturday 3rd March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

kebabfest wrote:
    Mr Smurp had taken all my chips when he rivered a Royal Flush. Wasnt too gutted as I had figured he didnt have AK or AQ which would have p1ssed me off as I rivered a full house
    Blinds were 400/800 I think .
    Mr Smurp had limped in along with John in the SB
    I had AJ and checked
    Flop comes AhQhKd .
    I check it into Papa here (possibly should have bet?)
    When he checks behind me I know I am ahead
    Turn comes Ad.
    Now I bet 2000.
    He calls
    River is Jd.
    I bet 2,500 he raises to 7500.
    I actually do think of flat calling for a second, but my gut feeling was he would pay me for a straight or a flush
    Like I said I didnt even think of the royal flush.
    I go all in for 32,000 odd and he calls in a minisecond with his royal flush.
    ahhhhhhhh
    **** that's unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

kebabfest wrote:
    Mr Smurp had taken all my chips when he rivered a Royal Flush. Wasnt too gutted as I had figured he didnt have AK or AQ which would have p1ssed me off as I rivered a full house
    Blinds were 400/800 I think .
    Mr Smurp had limped in along with John in the SB
    I had AJ and checked
    Flop comes AhQhKd .
    I check it into Papa here (possibly should have bet?)
    When he checks behind me I know I am ahead
    Turn comes Ad.
    Now I bet 2000.
    He calls
    River is Jd.
    I bet 2,500 he raises to 7500.
    I actually do think of flat calling for a second, but my gut feeling was he would pay me for a straight or a flush
    Like I said I didnt even think of the royal flush.
    I go all in for 32,000 odd and he calls in a minisecond with his royal flush.
    ahhhhhhhh

you should have saved that one for the cash tables. very very sick that hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I would have folded to the shove fearing quads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

mr smurph got me also.
    24 left, avg 28k, i was in decent shape on 30k, he had about 85k.

i made it 2.5k with Aks, he makes it 6k, i shove, with a decent image, and he knows im not messing with his stack, and im expecting a fold or maybe a call from QQ and a race, he INSTA calls with JJ and i lose the race.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I shouldn't have bothered.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:

report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

5starpool wrote:

lol. You got well chiefed Dom.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ianmc38 wrote:
    report?
    Completed the SB with 66 after 4 limpers I think so 6 to the flop at 75/150.

T65r. I shouldn't have, but I check, expecting a bet from somewhere, but no.

Turn 7. I bet 600, chief raises to 3k and after a think I call, leaving 2.5k behind. River is a 4 and despite all inside me screaming not to I pay him off. He has 89.

I find that when I run bad I play bad after a while which makes it harder to recover from a bad run obviously. I think I threw in my last chips along with a comment along the lines of 'Might as well, it'll cap a terrible 10 days'. My heart wasn't in it after his turn raise. If I had shoved it in on the turn I would feel a little less upset about the whole thing.

Donktastic. I can't qualify that as being chiefed as the free turn card killed me and I refused to get away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

donked off my stack with AK into jj
    lyyod then killed my off with KJ into 33
    but made my buyin back with roulette so hapy days
    then loads of pints so excuze the spellings

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Poker upsets me. Even if I "can dodge bullets baby" (folded KK to AA pre - flop). 9 hours work - €0 reward.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Poker upsets me. Even if I "can dodge bullets baby" (folded KK to AA pre - flop). 9 hours work - €0 reward.

Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭tacker

Out in 9th.Flushdraw and mr. and mrs. smurph still in.Stacks are even enough.Anybodys game still

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just in the door. 8 players left at close of play this morn. FT continues at 630pm tomorrow. Chip leader has 210k in chips and i'm 2nd with 93k. Spiral, yes thats DJ Spiral i'm talking about, is 3rd with 83k and thats right on average stack. Smurph, Mr Smurph (Martin to some!), 30something, delanec8 and another bloke in contention for the €4700 1st prize. If i'd any sense i'd go to bed but theres still some online poker to be played first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    Just in the door. 8 players left at close of play this morn. FT continues at 630pm tomorrow. Chip leader has 210k in chips and i'm 2nd with 93k. Spiral, yes thats DJ Spiral i'm talking about, is 3rd with 83k and thats right on average stack. Smurph, Mr Smurph (Martin to some!), 30something, delanec8 and another bloke in contention for the €4700 1st prize. If i'd any sense i'd go to bed but theres still some online poker to be played first!

With everyone calling Martin Mr Smurph - I wasn't sure if smurph grew a pair of Bxxxs...... Joking..

Oul DJ Spiral going well, i tell ya he's not playing to bad as of late.....!!

Tony them couple of hours off work might pay off..... niceone dude.... gl later.. [booo whoooo im still working man.]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

raging i missed this

best of luck this evening Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Good luck today Tony, take the puppy down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Good luck Tony hope you take it down.
    Really enjoyed this in spite of going out in a pretty unlucky manner 15th or so in a 60000 pot. Least Donk filled tournament I have ever played in, no easy chips on my table bar the first 3 levels.
    Pretty pleased with how deep i went considering how card dead i went in the middle levels. Kept alive by picking some nice spots and one outrageous luckbox moment. (I push for 10bb with 7 8 off and get called by button with 99. Flop comes 9 10 J. Liquid poker baby:cool: ) Was one pot away from a final table stack in a quality field but not to be this time. Its a great testament to the structure that i was able to get away with a n 8BB-12bb stack for so long. Well done to John and the lads for another cracker.

58o wrote:
    Its a great testament to the structure that i was able to get away with a n 8BB-12bb stack for so long. Well done to John and the lads for another cracker.

I can concur on this point. Another great tournament with plenty of time for play. I managed an upsetting 12th.

Well done to Tony Smurph and Martin (who made a cracking call but got very unlucky in a pot that would have given him more chips than God) for final tabling. Best of luck to all this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Yeah you looked as if you where torturing yourself all night and not enjoying it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Had a funny moment last night. Noel (BCB) raised from UTG+1 to 375 (50 100), I called from one off the CO with AJo as did Aodea in the BB. I had the ipod on shuffle, and at the start of the hand Kenny Rogers 'the gambler' came on (out of 500 songs), any way, the flop came A 9 8, and Noel led out for 875, just as I was contemplating what to do, Kenny piped up ' Ye gotta know when to hold'em....' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lazare wrote:
    Had a funny moment last night. Noel (BCB) raised from UTG+1 to 375 (50 100), I called from one off the CO with AJo as did Aodea in the BB. I had the ipod on shuffle, and at the start of the hand Kenny Rogers 'the gambler' came on (out of 500 songs), any way, the flop came A 9 8, and Noel led out for 875, just as I was contemplating what to do, Kenny piped up ' Ye gotta know when to hold'em....' :)

I so wanted to push there but i was afraid that you had flopped 2 pair.

I had K4o btw :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Cheers lads, gonna try my best. I'm treating it was an Irish Open qualifier so a top 2 place is good enough to fund a ticket so thats what i'm aiming for.

I got very lucky to knock out 58o. Sorry Shane. I reckon you raised more at that table than i've raised in my life! You raised UTG 4 of the last 5 hands so i made a dodgy call with Q8 from the BB hoping to take it away from you. Flop comes 679 so i lead out for 16k i think and the push from you was only about 12k more so i had to call. I hit the low end of my straight to beat 1010.

We all need a bit of luck sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Well done tony, GL in the final......
    Went out in 13th myself... got short stacked after turning 45K into 15K without playing a hand through a carddead 3 hours.
    Mighty toutney despity the €0 result.

Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Flushdraw wrote:
    Cheers lads, gonna try my best. I'm treating it was an Irish Open qualifier so a top 2 place is good enough to fund a ticket so thats what i'm aiming for.

I got very lucky to knock out 58o. Sorry Shane. I reckon you raised more at that table than i've raised in my life! You raised UTG 4 of the last 5 hands so i made a dodgy call with Q8 from the BB hoping to take it away from you. Flop comes 679 so i lead out for 16k i think and the push from you was only about 12k more so i had to call. I hit the low end of my straight to beat 1010.

We all need a bit of luck sometime!

Best of luck Tony it would be nice to pick this up for your open ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

Flushdraw wrote:

I thought i was going to have less sleep than anyone else but apparently not:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

No worries Tony, I figured i was due some "feedback" for all my recent raising and once you made the flop raise the hand played itself. I've inflicted worse beats on others (as you recently witnessed) and hope to do so again in the future!

GL tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

good luck delanec8 hopeyou can take this down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Good luck everyone, me included tonight, lost half me stack at final table on the last hand of the night,

Blinds 2k 4k guy raises to 10K in early postion, then a short stack goes allin for 20,400, folded to me i have Ad10h, limp in, around to original raiser who flat calls.

Flop comes A 8h 5s, I check as I know if he likes the Ace he will bet, he checks, happy days. Turn is 4h, he checksi bet 15k he calls, River is 7h. He bets 20K I call, he turns over Ah2h for the nuts:( :(

I reckon if I had of pushed the flop he was the type of player who would have called, so even though I felt i got unlucky to runner runner flush, i could have done my whole stack.

70K add so on way now to SE,

Great tournament, felt the final table last night, you could see the tiredness in people, I have flush draw in my SB so it should be a doddle:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

I so wanted to push there but i was afraid that you had flopped 2 pair.

I had K4o btw :cool:

I would've definitely layed down to a push, the flop was either a raise or a fold for me, flat calling was out of the question. K4 huh?, the cheek:) , you probably got me to lay down the best hand on that 10 high board earlier with similar garbage. I had 10dJd.

Good luck Tony, Collette and Delanec8, and remember if Mr Spiral checks in the dark, he has a pocket pair. Checked the turn in the dark last night with a flopped set, he turned a boat, board read 9 5 K K, and was very fortunate that bad beat Joe pushed AA into him.

• Advertisement

Lazare wrote:
    I and remember if Mr Spiral checks in the dark, he has a pocket pair

He did it a total of three times during the time I was at his table yesterday. He will slowplay monters on the flop and turn and if he raises on the river you will require the nuts or close to it to call.

Advertisement