Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Vs England (Match Thread)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I watched the match yesterday as it's never enough just being there!

Anyway, I wanted to ask this about how Boss got his intercept try:

Did he call for the ball from the scrum-half? I watched it over and over last night. The English SH is about to pass the ball out to his right, but there's a shout and the SH instead puts the ball out to his left directly to Boss. None of the backs out there looked like they were expecting the ball. I can't say if the SH's expression was because he just happened to throw an interception or if it's because he was duped into passing.

Did anyone else spot this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

peckerhead wrote:
    Maybe he makes them a bit nervous or something... :D

action_poc.jpg
    I just wanted to say that I think this is a wonderful photo; in my opinion, it encapsulates the whole match, thanks for posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Indeed. Tis a great photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Touch of sour grapes from Wilko anyone ?
    Jonny Wilkinson believes Ireland are one of the top three sides in the world but insists they still have work to do if they are going to win the World Cup.

Wilkinson was part of the England team beaten by a record 43-13 by Ireland at Croke Park on Saturday.

And, while he was impressed with the Irish who must hope for an England win over France if they are to win the RBS 6 Nations Championship, he resisted comparisons with the England team he led to success at the 2003 World Cup.

Wilkinson said: 'I think Ireland are capable of beating anyone which means they must be in the top three. But for me rugby doesn't work like that. I don't believe in world rankings.

'It is down to playing your best in a game and if you are not at your best, you must stay in the game and win it.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Junior wrote:
    Touch of sour grapes from Wilko anyone ?
    He's right. It was pointed out either earlier on this thread or another one that the World Ranking points are a bit of a joke.
    Actually, the whole quote is bang on. He's called it as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Sour grapes?? Looks to me like he's speaking the truth. Basically he's saying that to win a World Cup you have to win the games that you don't play particularly well in...like when we switched off against France.

When England won the World Cup they had a couple of matches that could have gone against them but they stuck it, anyone remember the England-South Africa game?

I think he knows what he's talking about tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 killapool

As depressing as the French game was this was as uplifting.

The "taking out in mid-air" seemed to be 1-1 by the end of the game. Ref had a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

who was it that was comparing Eddie to Steve Staunton a few weeks ago ?
    I hope they were havin a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

thebaz wrote:
    who was it that was comparing Eddie to Steve Staunton a few weeks ago ?
    I hope they were havin a laugh :D

that was me.:D

and the fact he mentioned the importance of the triple crown in an interview before the match summed him up. This team would of already won something half decent if we had a good coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

A few pictures I took of the match.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/alconlon/IrelandVEngland

• Advertisement
Advertisement