Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Clubs in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Ham Slicer

Potters on the Crumlin Road closed about a year ago, to be re-opended.

I don't believe it ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Blacks in Old Bawn is closed to afaik.
    Tallaght snooker club is long gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

The Spawell (templeogue), has a bar and also does food.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

A bit out from the City Centre but Monkstown Snooker Club is still going strong.....

12 full size snooker tables and a 2 American Pool Tables.
    It's in Monkstown Farm, next to the Farmhouse Pub.

01-2807945

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm just wondering if there is anywhere in and around Dublin city centre you can have a casual game of snooker and a pint at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

It seems that the Belgard Snooker club is closed now as well. Anyone know of any snooker clubs in and around the Tallaght area other than the Spawell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DonnaD

Snooker club in Celbridge - very good tables, friendly staff -6279949( i think)
    Rafaels - Lucan good place
    clondalkin - gamblin , good few tables oppisite mcdonalds/the mill shoppin centre
    Only one I know with a Bar in Town is beside the dart station. dont know whats its called!sorry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Which DART station would that be please DonnaD?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

Rafaels - Lucan good place is closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Belgard Snooker club, is still open i think?? i know that they were doing work but im pretty sure they still open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm just wondering if there is anywhere in and around Dublin city centre you can have a casual game of snooker and a pint at the same time?

The Four Provinces. Snooker and beer. Its less than classy to say the least but about 12 fullsize tables the last time I was there. Not sure if its still open.
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/thefourprovinces.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Cadzer wrote: »
    Belgard Snooker club, is still open i think?? i know that they were doing work but im pretty sure they still open

It closed down last year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 applestew

The Four Provinces. Snooker and beer. Its less than classy to say the least but about 12 fullsize tables the last time I was there. Not sure if its still open.
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/thefourprovinces.html

now superquinn gaffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

celticfc wrote: »
    It closed down last year :(
    Anyone know the story behind this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Not too sure about the club closure other than that the plans are for the whole belgard complex to be knocked down & replaced with a big apartment block with a smaller pub instead.

Thats what I've heard by word of mouth.

They have already completed the multi-storey car park at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Northside snooker clubs:

Racecourse Snooker Club, Baldoyle
    Westbury Snooker Club, Malahide
    Joey's Snooker Club, Harmonstown

Southside snooker clubs:

Spawell, Templeogue
    Roadstone Sports Club, Kingswood Cross, Clondalkin
    Raphael's Snooker Club, Lucan
    Monkstown Snooker Club

There are also many other sports clubs such as ALSAA, Sportslink, Glenalbyn and Ierne that have snooker. Most of the snooker clubs in Dublin have gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Claw, Southside. Clondalkin Leisure Centre have loads of tables. It is a kip though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

CrossGuns in Phibsboro still going?, it was up to last May according to this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055045004

• Registered Users Posts: 24 foul&miss

Yes, Crossguns is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Are there no decent snooker clubs in city centre vicinity? Not looking for a place with blaring music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 foul&miss

In the city centre there's only Ned Kelly's (O'Connell Street). No music upstairs, where the 4 snooker tables are. It's 12 €/hour. To my knowledge, there's no other place in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Raphael's in Lucan is closing tonight for good. :( Worked there for 4 years back in the '90s and still play there the odd time. Sad to see snooker clubs closing, not many left now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

crossguns is still going strong,and will be for quite a while. €6 per hour before 6 and €8 per hour after, you can't beat that, tables are quite good too, brushed and ironed every day, and they don't tolerate any idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

The Classic in Finglas is still open. It's decent enough, particularly if you ask for a table in the room at the back. There's only 3 tables in the back as opposed to the 10 or so in the main area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I hear Joey's in Raheny/Harmonstown is closed.Can anybody confirm this as I play there the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

The clubs I have played in. . . .

Q's in Clondalkin (across from McDonalds/Mill Shopping Centre). 24 hour I think / a bit noisey and tables not great. Not sure if its still open.
    Raphaels in Lucan - was a very nice club and well run, shame its closed. Where will Fergal O'Brien practice now?
    Played once or twice in Oldbawn, didnt like it there.
    Cellbridge - nicest club I've been to. Dedicated players, no riff/raff. At least one 'heated' table, but pockets that wouldnt accept marbles.
    Spawell. Well run, dedicated players. No messing. Drink and Food too.
    Four Provinces, once only. Not again ;)
    Jasons... shame its gone I suppose, but never liked it that much.
    Stillorgan Lesuireplex, to be avoided.
    Ned Kellys on O'Connell street... not sure if its still open... lots of gambling upstairs.

Now I play in...
    A mates house who has a really nice full size table (no you cant have his address).
    Palmers Golden Ball bar and lounge in Kilternan, on the stepaside to eniskerry road. 6 Full size tables upstairs in average condition. No messers. Quiet (well away from bar). Not advertised as a snooker club as such. Nice food served in bar.

Jaysus... when I've been around :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clearall

There is Ned kelly sports center in City Center opposite savoy theater...that has a lot tables....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CUETIME

good deal I'm coming there in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Sad to see the death of snooker in Dublin. I used to play in Castle Billiards as a kid. Its closed about 7 years now.

I have played in Rathmines in the recent past in goodfellows. Hopefully that is still there.

Advertisement