Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Guns Club, Phibsboro

Options
  • 23-01-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey,

Anybody here use this club? Myself and another boy need a venue and it happens to be the one handiest for both of us. However, I was driving past and got a look at it. It looks like the kind of place where republicans would "take" people.

Is it nice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Double O

is this the one beside the bridge? if it is then i have only been there once but it was grand, tables not the best but ok. best off checking it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

had a look on thursday - was packed, all tables being used and we didn't want to get into the queue and end up preventing people who could actually play snooker from getting a game. Ended up playing 9Ball in Camden Street - nicer setUp anyway: booze, music, women ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Supermark

I've played for Cross Guns S.C in R.I.B.S.A events in the past, I still go down twice a week. The club is a fantastic place to play, and I think that when you said that all 7 tables were being used that night, it proves my point.

You have to get down before the 8 o'clock rush. Finbar Ruane & John Shiels are great lads and really keep the cloths & general area at the Highest standard possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 burningman

Playing in breaks recently cause its handy from DCU but dont like it at all, tables are **** and full of little scumbags shouting and smoking joints. Where is this cross guns place?
    Does anyone play in ALSA? How much is the membership/games and where exactly is it?
    Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

hi lads, thanks for your interest in playing snooker, and supermark thanks for your nice comments on my club,firstly let me welcome anyone out there who likes to play or indeed has never played before to the crossguns,we are now officially the oldest commercial club in ireland and indeed are not too far behind being the oldest including clubs from the UK, we pride ourselves on the club,i run it the way i would like to see any club run, as much as i like a laugh and a joke and a bit of fun we don't tolerate any idiots in crossguns,i'm talking about the jokers who like to roll a joint and shout and scream,that's what makes the club and the atmosphere so special, yes we only have seven tables but we will look after everyone who comes in and wants to play,once again thanks for the interest lads,all the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement