Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jubbles100

Thanks, found that afterwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CommerceKid

Vic Mills is very nice! Everything about them really is better then brookfield, but Brookfield is way more banter! I think you meet way more people around brookfield, all your neighbors and everything rather then the mills! Its not as nice inside but its not the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ASA

Hi guys!

We are currently updating our list of accommodation for the next academic year and for the summer. If you have any queries about accommodation please do to hesitate to contact us by email, phone or simply by dropping into us at 6 Carrigside, College Road.

Below are links to our Facebook page and our website which contains useful information for students on accommodation.

uccaccommodation.ie/
    UCC Accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Hi, Can anyone help me please. I'm enquiring for a friend. She is hoping to stay off campus this year. Can anyone recommend what area she should stay in. She wants to be in an area near other students. Also what is the going rate for houses off campus. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Can anyone help me please. I'm enquiring for a friend. She is hoping to stay off campus this year. Can anyone recommend what area she should stay in. She wants to be in an area near other students. Also what is the going rate for houses off campus. Thanks for your help.

Hi

It really depends what her budget for rent is going to be. At the moment we predict rents to be between €65 to €85 depending on the location. However, it's still too early to be looking for a house for next year. We would recommend that June is the best time to start looking as you will see the house in an empty state. I'd also suggest that your friend or yourself calls into us in the office. We can be found on College Road just up from An Scoilaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

ASA wrote: »
    Hi

It really depends what her budget for rent is going to be. At the moment we predict rents to be between €65 to €85 depending on the location. However, it's still too early to be looking for a house for next year. We would recommend that June is the best time to start looking as you will see the house in an empty state. I'd also suggest that your friend or yourself calls into us in the office. We can be found on College Road just up from An Scoilaire.

I know that's the accommodation office ^^^^ and they're obviously the experts, but I was looking at houses for the summer over the last week or so and some nice ones are already gone for next year (I presume students from this year going back to the same house or recommending friends). There'll be more available in June alright, and we didn't find ours til August last year, but there's no harm at all in looking now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Unicorn24

Hi there,

I am a final year PhD student and have to move to Cork for the summer, I'm torn over Brookfield (Jennings Pool) or Victoria Mills - VM is only a single room whereas I can get a double in Brookfield for the same price...Brookfield also has a gym I can use!

Do people have any opinions on which would be better - I'm looking for somewhere peaceful for the summer to finish my thesis :rolleyes:- any suggestions on which would be better?

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Right so, just looking for advice regards accommodation for next year. At the moment, I'm in Vic Lodge and definitely not living with my current roommates next year. However most of the people I would have asked about getting a house, etc, are living with their roommates for next year and I'm sort of left on my own. :( Is there anywhere ye'd recommend for a second-year loner like me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daftpunk

you could try Vic Mills or University Halls

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Right so, just looking for advice regards accommodation for next year. At the moment, I'm in Vic Lodge and definitely not living with my current roommates next year. However most of the people I would have asked about getting a house, etc, are living with their roommates for next year and I'm sort of left on my own. :( Is there anywhere ye'd recommend for a second-year loner like me? :confused:

Hi!

There are plenty of options for housing in Cork for students. Whether it be an apartment complex or a privately owned house.

You can call into us in the office at 6 Carrigside, College Road (Opposite the main gates on College Road) or look at our website uccaccommodation.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Liona

Hey anybody know of a nice student house around the Mardyke? looking for next college term starting september :-)

Unicorn24 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am a final year PhD student and have to move to Cork for the summer, I'm torn over Brookfield (Jennings Pool) or Victoria Mills - VM is only a single room whereas I can get a double in Brookfield for the same price...Brookfield also has a gym I can use!

Do people have any opinions on which would be better - I'm looking for somewhere peaceful for the summer to finish my thesis :rolleyes:- any suggestions on which would be better?

Thanks a mil!

Hi,

You can call into our office at 6 Carrigside, College Road. We're just opposite the main gates to UCC on College Road. We're open Monday to Friday from 9-5pm.

I'm sure we can help you with finding accommodation for the next Academic year of the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 odetojoy

Rooms available for next academic year in house on Connaght Avenue, close to the Mongok Chinese takaway, and across the Rock Bar.
    House is in superb condition. The rent is very good- includes TV, internet and bins. Bills are paid separately.
    No first years. Looking for serious students eg final years etc.
    Must like cats.
    PM to contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Condon

Lived on a house on bandon road the last 2 years, definately got lucky wit it. rent was only e75 a week, and the landlord was dead on. only 30 secs away from lennoxs, galvins offlicence and centra, ideal!! just moved outta there yesterday, if anyones interested, PM and ill send up on his number, its a 3 bedroom house, he owns the house next door to that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Anyone have any experience of Victoria Station? Might be living there, and just want to know what it's like. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gawdd

next year i hope to do pharmacy or OT . I really like the sounds of deanshall and plan living there with a friend. I was wondering how far is it from the ucc pharmacy building and what are peoples opinions of deanshall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Hey, I'm (hopefully) going to UCC in september, and was just wondering what the best accommodation is? I've already researched all the obvious ones and the on-campus sites, but they're really expensive .. was wondering if Brookfield is any good? Or Seven North Mall? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

From all my experience you're really always better off going and sorting out your own digs from a landlord. Not only will you have no rules about how many people are allowed up and so on but you're also able to order in whichever TV/Internet providers you want and its generally cheaper too (think 2 years ago it was around 4,500 for the year in Brookfield while we got a very nice house on Highfield Ave for 3,600 + bills (so maybe max 4,000). That said I've heard Brookfield's great apart from the internet there which is atrocious (they used to block youtube videos, pretty sure they don't still though.) if you want to download/game.

gawdd wrote: »
    next year i hope to do pharmacy or OT . I really like the sounds of deanshall and plan living there with a friend. I was wondering how far is it from the ucc pharmacy building and what are peoples opinions of deanshall?

Hi Gawdd

Dean's Hall at Crosses Greene is aound a 15-20 minute walk from the Kavanagh Pharmacy Building in UCC. Please feel free to call into our office on College Road and we can talk to you about the options for accommodation.

Hey, I'm (hopefully) going to UCC in september, and was just wondering what the best accommodation is? I've already researched all the obvious ones and the on-campus sites, but they're really expensive .. was wondering if Brookfield is any good? Or Seven North Mall? Cheers!

Hi CaoimheCweeva

We'd recommend waiting until you have finished your leaving cert exams. After the exams have finished you can come to our office on College Road and we can talk through all the options with you. There is a lot to choose from, coming down to cork would let you have a look at some of the accommodation on offer.

All the best

UCC Accommodation Office

• Advertisement

Anyone have any experience of Victoria Station? Might be living there, and just want to know what it's like. Thanks

Hi Questionable?

If you want to call into us in the Accommodation Office on College Road we can talk through all the options that are available to you.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Where would be good for a first year BMus student to live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nattuggla

Hi all,

There are currently 3 people going into the house for next year and we're looking for another person to move in with us. The house is in Greenmount near Bandon road.

Interested? Give me a shout and I'll give you more detail.

Where would be good for a first year BMus student to live?

Hi Andrew

There are a number of options that are available to you. As you will be spending much of your time in Sunday's Well an apartment towards the city centre would probably suit you best.

Please feel free to call into the office on College Road and we can give you some more information.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caz12

Hey everyone,
    I am starting a postgraduate course in UCC in sept and don't know cork at all! :( was looking for some recommendations on accommodation? somewhere close to ucc with parking if possible, also preferably something with other postgrads/final year students. id be very grateful for any help! Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 engrob

Hi

I'm due to start in September on a postgrad IT course and looking for a place, ideally near the western gate/computer science building. Looking on the UCC accommodations website/Daft the rates from the landlords seem to generally be higher than what I would expect - where would I go to find students advertising a spare room they need to fill? Is there a notice board somewhere on campus that I can check?

Hope someone can advise me asap!

Many thanks

Rob

caz12 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I am starting a postgraduate course in UCC in sept and don't know cork at all! :( was looking for some recommendations on accommodation? somewhere close to ucc with parking if possible, also preferably something with other postgrads/final year students. id be very grateful for any help! Cheers :)

Hi Caz12

There are a number of apartments that are postgrad specific in cork, here. We also have a map and a list of list of facilities.

There is more information available on our website, here.

Also please feel free to call into us on College Road.

All the best

Accommodation Office

engrob wrote: »
    Hi

I'm due to start in September on a postgrad IT course and looking for a place, ideally near the western gate/computer science building. Looking on the UCC accommodations website/Daft the rates from the landlords seem to generally be higher than what I would expect - where would I go to find students advertising a spare room they need to fill? Is there a notice board somewhere on campus that I can check?

Hope someone can advise me asap!

Many thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

In the Accommodation Office we have a notice board of students looking for other students to fill spaces in houses.

In regards to the prices with rent. The apartment complexes' prices will not be changing through the course of the year. They are set and will not change. Rent for private houses can fluctuate. Houses may cost around €85-90 p/w at the moment, but remember these prices may well drop over the course of the summer.

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us or call into our office on College Road.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ireland21

Hey Guys,

I am looking for accommodation advice for Sept around UCC.

I have been looking at the Fullers Lodge development located on College Road.
    Is anyone familiar what the development and the apartments? If so what are they like?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Yikes its pricey! Houses are so much cheaper and you have more freedom.

If you want an apartment in a managed block deanshall crosses green is nice. Rates are a bit more reasonable and you're right in the middle of town which is so handy.

Advertisement