Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M4 - Why are there no speed cameras?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Anan1 wrote:
    Although never in agreement with you, I was vaguely sympathetic to the way you were being treated here - until you came out with this.
    I'm trying to point out that just because there hasn't been an serious accident on the M4 as off yet, that doesn't mean the the M4 is immune to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

DonJose wrote:
    I'm trying to point out that just because there hasn't been an serious accident on the M4 as off yet, that doesn't mean the the M4 is immune to them.

I should have got the popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Gerry

DonJose wrote:

If speed is the main cause of road deaths, its interesting that this doesn't seem to apply to the m4, where by all accounts, there seems to be a lot of speeding going on.
    Of course it doesn't mean the m4 is immune to serious accidents, but maybe you'd agree that its less prone to them than an awful lot of other roads?

Enjoy that popcorn, even if my letters go unanswered I'll have a clear conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Porch%20-%20Dig%20Hole.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

DonJose wrote:
    No you were stating various facts which were without foundation.

Gerry wrote:
    If speed is the main cause of road deaths
    From what I believe, the gardai don't/didn't collect adequate statistics for the cause of accidents due to legal reasons/laziness/whatever so in reality we don't know the real stats. Only recently was it acknowledged that drugs were a significant cause of incidents!

I'm delighted to have found out that the project of placing fixed speed cameras is already underway. "The project will commence with approximately 500-600 locations countrywide (about 15-20 locations per local authority). The number of locations will be increased as necessary to get the road safety result sought."

Drive safe ;)

time to lock this I believe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement