Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange activity in my home.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

faceman wrote:
    I hope im not breaking the charter in saying this but im really finding the piece in this story about the faceless man appearing difficult to analyse. Simply because its sounds to good to be true!

It being 'too good to be true' isnt real a good arguement to doubt it though is it?
    faceman wrote:
    Very few people can claim to have had such a close encounter.

Very few in regards to the amount of people in the world yes but with regards to the number of people who have experienced paranormal phenomenon quite a few have experienced the likes of this and much, much more.
    faceman wrote:
    Would be interested to hear more stories like this tho so keep them comin!

Well then this thread wuld be a good place to start: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054896242

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

6th wrote:
    It being 'too good to be true' isnt real a good arguement to doubt it though is it?

maybe not. Altho im not a regular poster here, i have a keen interest in the paranormal after a number of experiences i have had in life.

my point is tho that its a paranormalists wet dream to experience something as vivid of that! :)

Interestingly put face :)

Anyway a book I'd reccommend to you would be 'Will Storr vs The Paranormal' ... come along to the next Paranormal Greet&Grub™ in Dublin and I'll even loan you my copy. He goes around america and the Uk talking to different people and even manages to get to visit someone from teh Enfirld house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Is there any documentary evidence from the years of study at the Enfield house? That would be interesting to see.

I don't know how to explain away poltergeist activity myself. If it's not all just deceit, concsious or otherwise, then it points at something very interesting and worthy of study - but I've never seen any evidence to point to anything other than conventional causes.

Could you expand a bit on what you term 'convetional causes" and what they apply to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭madhitchhiker

it must be terrifying to see strange things..:eek: i wish it ain't night time here.

Where you based that its night time? Anyway OT you should check out a few of the Stickies on this forum, Charter obviously but the Ouija thread and Paranormal topics are a good start.

I meant conventional causes such as atmospherics, acoustic phenomena, psychological phenomena such as group hysteria, lying and collusion; things that can be explained away without invoking paranormal activities.

I was always drawn to paranormal subjects when growing up, poltergeist activity particularly fascinated me, but the lack of any documented evidence aside from written accounts hardened my views over time. I guess learning a bit more about the Amityville event kind of made me cynical. Still, if the kind of events that are described in the Enfield case actually happened then this would alter my perception of things.

Actually the Amityville situation is hard to track. The Warrens seem genuine enough but they made the mistake of going along with the film, thats taken away from everything else they have ever done.

I have gone to a couple of homes now that have had poltergeist activity and it is a very real phenomenon.

I guess it's hard to find a balance report on Amityville these days alright.

Nice to hear a vote for the veracity of the phenomenon. I remain a doubting Thomas with an open mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Hello , my names Nicolo, just discovered this board here an thought id say hi,
    anyways don't know if this will be any help but here goes...

right the human body produces energy (we've all seen the matrix right?) now hold that thought and think "what is a thought?2 its basically information traveling between two spots to create a link and our intelligence creates the rest/holds all these little bits and pieces together. therefore in some ways its the energy in our bodies thats keeps us alive therefore the human soul is made up of information. information telling parts of our bodies to be what they are do what they do etc.

ok now we all know that information can exist without a corporeal form, ie we've all sent a text message in our lives. therefore when our psychical body dies the information could easily dissipate or it could maintain itself.

now we eat and consume to fuel our bodies and get energy therefore we're aware of the concept of perpetuating ourselves and hunger, now the spirit or energy does not have any psychical body to sustain but it does need more energy to manifest and such.which leads me to the other ways we get energy.

have you ever had a bad day in school or work where your boss or teacher or anyone just seems to be needlessly at you all the time? or have you sudden;y felt a sense of well being when you receive a compliment or someone tells you they love you? this is another form of energy exchange. the idea of the person being bad to you and"stealing" your energy by unpleasant ways is commonly referred to as emotional vampires. think of someone in a bad mood hitting a wall to relieve stress theres very little difference between that and giving out to an employee or student or child.

ok so since the spirit has very little in the way of sustenance it needs to get it from where ever it can or alternatively it may only flair up when there is excess energy about

now can you think of anything as emotional as a pubescent girl? apart from the amount of psychical energy that is need for the body to make these changes theres also the awakening of sexual energy which is incredibly powerful and potent therefore the reason poltergeist activity occurs around these girls is because they have excess energy and if you terrify someone they produce energy.

hope this was of some use..

don't know if you'd be into this but a friend of mine and myself have had limited (due to lack of places to practice) experience in banishing and some basic principles of exorcism (very basic since neither of us are priests) we believe in the idea of prayer and spells as being focused channeling of energy's which can convey messages to the dead a practise that has been unfortunately sullied by Charletons and people who wish to create more of something then is there and feel the need to dress up as gypsies and faint when the enter a place theyve been told is haunted. we have had some success and if you'd like to know more or have us visit and see if we can help I'm sure we could.

just to get this out of the way now ill do it

"so who you gonna call?"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redstarmark

Has anything happened since??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Looks very interesting anymore activity... Would ye let people in too see if they could get anything

Advertisement