Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't homeless people have houses?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well if they have issues and they're being evicted from council houses, why not just lock them up, put them in a mass rehab centre, they get help and we don't have to worry about some junky pulling a syringe on us for 2 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

azezil wrote:
    why not just lock them up, put them in a mass rehab centre,
    You mean concentrating them, in a camp of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Why yes! *nods thoughtfully*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RampagingBadger

Going back to the points made earlier about single mothers/child licences. I have sympathy for people who've fallen on hard times and can no longer support their family but if you, intentionally or unintentionally, have a kid knowing that you can't afford it then I'm not happy for my tax money to be forked out. There're loads of childless couples out there, who'll provide loving homes, screaming for kids. Having a kid is for life - not just for Xmas.

Anyway I'd say that In most cases I'd say that families would step in and support these single mums.

Advertisement