Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Age Jack the Ripper?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

raido9 wrote:
    What a ridiculous post? Am I right in assuming from your post that you think people's lives are wasted on things such as religion and education?

Also how do people "waste there lives because of that fear [of dying]"?

And as for the last line in your post, don't you think its possible to study "allot" and enjoy themselves too. Why do the two have to be exclusive?

I cant relay answer your Q without going way off topic i tried to stay on topic with my original post by staying relevant to the post about comedy/death

You see i believe the education system to be flawed and its my believe that if something is broken or flawed noone should comply with it till it is fixed, even the most intelligent 600 point people in the leaving cert i asked said that the education system in this country was flawed.

So when i was younger i always tried to explain things to people like for example tests should be a test of intellect not ones ability to memorise facts, so my reasoning was test are to make sure the most intelligent get jobs but in that case studying should be banned this allows for 2 things that i consider posative

1. More free rime for youngins to enjoy themselves
    2. The people who are actually very smart do well as opposed to those who simply spend a large amount of there time memorising facts from a book.

When i say wasting lives on education i mean say for ex someone who studies 3-4 hours daily for years and as a result misses out on whatever it is they like
    sport
    computer games
    drinking
    TV
    eating
    cinema

whatever, then bang hit by a truck when crossing the road, and funnily enough another person same age but lived the complete opposite life style he never bothered with the whole studying buzz all he did was booze and enjoy himself with friends, anyway he got hit by the same truck so they both died.... Anyway who lived the better life who had more fun? Who enjoyed there life more? we don't know for sure but we can make a pretty good educated guess
    raido9 wrote:
    Also how do people "waste there lives because of that fear [of dying]"?

Well that is all a matter of perspective so i might have been slightly off in that statement, some might say i waste my life because i play PC games watch TV and drink (those that say that are sports fanatics might say that)
    raido9 wrote:
    And as for the last line in your post, don't you think its possible to study "allot" and enjoy themselves too. Why do the two have to be exclusive?

Well because i have many times in my life heard someone say that they are unable to do something or attend a event whether it be a party or music thing because they where studying therefore they are losing out on enjoyment and if they where to die young then they have missed out on some of there happiness.

I know how off topic this is i only posted because you asked if you wish to finish this conversation i am more than happy to but lets do it over pm so the topic does not get locked for being off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Five dead would be the same amount confirmed killed by Jack the Ripper. Apparently there were more that weren't pinned on him though.
    its cos of grand theft auto
    Jack Thompson, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

They found the two other womens bodies. I'm guessing someone watched Se7en one to many times and decided to rid the UK of prostitutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

with 5 dead in such a short space of time he is very active, too active its possible however unlikely that there is more than one culprit.

I wonder was this rushed? or did the person put planning into it?
    so many questions its possible the culprit is someone who has recently been diagnosed with a incurable diesse and holds some grudge against these women for some reason i know that if and when i am diagnosed with a terminal diesse and there are people i have a problem with still alive,you will all be talking about me here as we talk about them. Perhaps a wide whose husband liked sex workers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

User45701 wrote:
    with 5 dead in such a short space of time he is very active, too active its possible however unlikely that there is more than one culprit.

I wonder was this rushed? or did the person put planning into it?
    so many questions its possible the culprit is someone who has recently been diagnosed with a incurable diesse and holds some grudge against these women for some reason i know that if and when i am diagnosed with a terminal diesse and there are people i have a problem with still alive,you will all be talking about me here as we talk about them. Perhaps a wide whose husband liked sex workers?
    Lets hope there is a real life Dexter out there..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

According to bbc news,2 more bodies just found

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is that on top of the two they found earlier today, or two more, bringing the total to 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, still 5 according to all the reports I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

No, 5 dead now.

this makes for interesting reading.

It gets quiet around 2002, I wonder was he in jail/mental hospital for few years and just got out???

:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The total is now 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

i think it is still five girls killed
    the way the statement from the police sounded it was presumed that they are the two women missing but its not definite yet they have to wait for confirmation from the pathologists etc
    it is also a suspicion that the killer escalated(sp?) and killed the other two because of the increased media coverage and the fact that the police were looking for the other two women. that might mean he is keeping them somewhere before he kills them!
    its really freaky so glad i dont live there!
    the poor women nobody deserves that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

On Sky News yesterday they were talking about the murders, it was also mentioned that in the past 10 years there have been approx 60 prostitutes murdered in the UK with only 16 arrests made in relation to same. Not a very good figure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

this thread is freaky, even by AH standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Cake Fiend wrote:
    And whose fault is it that they have that drug habit?

Dont know, never spoke to them, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

User45701 wrote:

Right. odd. :confused:

I agree. Catherine Janeway would be very disappointed with that attitude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don Henley would have a field day with this kind of news. Truly "Dirty Laundry!" The type of news that sells newspapers (and other forms of media), improves ratings, and makes advertisers happy. An interesting comment on our society?

that's another story for another day. (not saying it's off topic, but let's keep it to the subject at hand for now).
    the media are having a field day with this and i'm sure the sales of papers and the viewing figures on tv news reports have shot up.
    what does this say about us as a people?
    i don't know. go start a thread about it. i'm too lazy to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Don Henley would have a field day with this kind of news. Truly "Dirty Laundry!" The type of news that sells newspapers (and other forms of media), improves ratings, and makes advertisers happy. An interesting comment on our society?

yep, were all a bunch of muppets, I blame god really:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TheGooner wrote:

this makes for interesting reading.

Ireland might have its own serial killer bearing in mind the several women who have gone missing in the Leinster region.

Mike.

• Advertisement

indeed.
    mind you, take a trip into any Kildare town on a saturday night and you will meet potential murderers. plenty of places to hide the bodies too.
    don't get me started about Dublin city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1243886,00.html

Im sorry but is Sky making this one up?

"I have already had my three kids taken into care and I only get to write to them once a year. "

Whilst some unsuitable parents may be restricted in how often they visit their kids in care, and abusive parents prevented from contacting their kids altogether, does this sound like a load of cock?

Some of Skys stuff really has sounded like they are hiring actresses fr their interviews with "the girls defying the warnings and going onto the streets".

Sorry, but I dont believe there are hookers on the streets of Ipswich any more for two reasons

1- Theyre scared sh1tless

2- Even if there were, what kind of idiot is going to go crusing for prostitutes around there in the current climate? If there are prostitues on the street there, there will surely be no customers. The real killer will be afraid of being caught, the rest will be too afraid of being accused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Tha Gopher wrote:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1243886,00.html

Im sorry but is Sky making this one up?

Would she really be allowed say this in the article -
    If the killer is one of our punters then I reckon I knew who it is. He's a man who never touches any of us an just asks us to get into a certain position and watches. He is quite chubby and about six foot tall and drives a jeep.

That makes it seem like a load of bull to me too. Sounds like something straight out of a hollywood thriller to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Well it is from Sky the television equivalent of The Sun. Often wrong, explotative and exaggerated but also strangely compulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

kevmy wrote:
    Well it is from Sky the television equivalent of The Sun. Often wrong, explotative and exaggerated but also strangely compulsive.

Haha so true. Like that day i sat watching the whale in the thames. Or the white smoke.

Pretty fraky stuff anyway. I'd be afraid to leave the house at night i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I reckon some poor fcuker got aids and is on his way out. Possibly his motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

:| wrote:
    Haha so true. Like that day i sat watching the whale in the thames. Or the white smoke.

Pretty fraky stuff anyway. I'd be afraid to leave the house at night i think.

Whats that about white smoke?
    I remember the ol whale in the thames though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

white smoke= new pope been elected?

white smoke= new pope been elected?

Either that or Santa had a terrible, terrible accident ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

User45701 wrote:
    Perhaps a wide whose husband liked sex workers?
    Post of the year. Through your misspelling you even point to why he might use sex workers.

Advertisement