Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Americans are going to the Moon

Options
  • 05-12-2006 8:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Wahoo !!!

Aw wait a minute, only a few of them are going. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's oil on the moon now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

No, WMD obv.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Will this be their first trip out of the studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

They're whalers on the moon,
    They carry a harpoon.
    But there ain't no whales
    So they tell tall tales
    And sing a whaling tune.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hagar wrote:
    Wahoo !!!

linkie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Probably this, but it is old news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6208456.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can they prove that they were there this time around ??

God help any [strike]Indians[/strike] sorry [strike]Native Americans[/strike] sorry Moonies they find there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hagar wrote:
    God help any [strike]Indians[/strike] sorry [strike]Native Americans[/strike] sorry Moonies they find there.

I'm sure just before they launch there will be another attack on a major US city and GWB will blame it on the Moonies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar wrote:

You do amuse me :)

Now..
    Where's my naked men!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

what a waste of money for them at a time when they're several trillion dollars in debt. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Stephen wrote:
    what a waste of money for them at a time when they're several trillion dollars in debt. :rolleyes:

Smoke and mirrors

'What was that? You think we should concentrate on sorting the national debt out?? What sort of an American are you?! Were going to live on the moon, ON THE MOON FFS! Its the American dream! I think we should send up a few Canadians first though, just to test the water. God Bless America'

Beruthiel wrote:
    You do amuse me :)

Now..
    Where's my naked men!?

Don't panic, there coming. I just don't want the missus to see me with it. She might think I've caught "teh ghey":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

hahahaha absolutely bang on !!!

must be some oil there or may be moon needs Democracy:D too !!!

You know they have dictators on moon !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Am I the only one sad enough to be genuinely excited about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sleepy wrote:
    Am I the only one sad enough to be genuinely excited about this?
    No. Its about bloody time we finally started getting all the cool stuff promised to us by kitsch 50s sci-fi. Real life science has been (relatively) crap in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

god help mr spoon thats all i can say.
    terrorist in charge of a rocket watching over the milkbottle militia he'll be renditioned no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I beleive they're filming this latest moon landing in the same studio as the latest james bond movie.It saves money apparantly.

They must have solved this problem and still have a shitload of money left to spend.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote:
    I beleive they're filming this latest moon landing in the same studio as the latest james bond movie.It saves money apparantly.
    Ah not a Moonraker remake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I really hope they go and do this. For all the piss pulling we do of Americans here no other country has the balls, ambition, money or expertise to do this. And feck the begruders because it's all in the spirit of exploration without which man would be stuck in the caves eatin berries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

What an entire waste of time. 2020? They've already been to the moon back in the freakin 70s, and there's nothing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

connundrum wrote:
    'What was that? You think we should concentrate on sorting the national debt out?? What sort of an American are you?! Were going to live on the moon, ON THE MOON FFS!
    Well, they have to find a new location. People are getting tired of the "Under the Sea" answer for everything.

Aren't bits of the moon being sold off? How's that going to affect it? I guess it's pretty big, with no oceans there's probably more free land on the moon than occupied land on Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh ya sure their all going to live on the moon where they'll be forever safe from terrorists, freak hurricains and poor people.

If they do set up this base does that essentialy mean they own the moon?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar wrote:
    Don't panic, there coming. I just don't want the missus to see me with it. She might think I've caught "teh ghey":D

but with taste!

ScumLord wrote:
    If they do set up this base does that essentialy mean they own the moon?

That was something I was wondering myself, just because they're the first there they can lay claim to it ? Wont be long before the space lawyers are up in arms over the whole thing.

c - 13 wrote:
    That was something I was wondering myself, just because they're the first there they can lay claim to it ? Wont be long before the space lawyers are up in arms over the whole thing.
    Believe it or not, the UN proposed a treaty to cover this way back in '79. It wasn't a great success, but bless they tried.

Cheers for those links aidan, interesting reading.

Looks like anyone that bought a space on the moon was even more scammed than they thought -
    Bans any ownership of any property by any organization or person, unless that organization is international and governmental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Aren't bits of the moon being sold off? How's that going to affect it? I guess it's pretty big, with no oceans there's probably more free land on the moon than occupied land on Earth.

Eureka! But of course! Cracked it! They're going to pick up moon bits to auction off and pay for their national debt, now that commercial technology has caught up in the form of eBay :D

Advertisement