Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like your job?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Do you like your job?
    I just got a part time job in dunnes there about 2 weeks ago and it's a total doss:) I hide in the tea and coffee part of the store room talking to people, so i like it:) 2 hours today talking about pointless things like beans on toast....

Do you like your job? 148 votes

Yes:)
    0% 0 votes
    No:(
    48% 72 votes
    Its not the worst:I
    12% 18 votes
    Whats a job?
    25% 38 votes
    My boss is a prick, need I say anything more?
    13% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Beans on toast hey!!! Not bad. Try talking about milk or the price of miller,you will get atleast 3hours talk time with them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What job? :D
    Currently unemployed for about 5 weeks at this stage. Feels weird having the day to myself. Getting a bit bored of it right now.
    Going to look for work in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yes, I'm suitably renumerated for my time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Iv been looking into these "jobs" lately, sounds like an interesting concept :o .

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I love my job, get to act as therapist to some pissed off foreign people and call it teaching. Then again I do actually do some work about once a week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Do some work you fúcking waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Only working 3 days a week these days, its a kind of a stop-gap thing at the moment. Brainless work, but its decent craic. So yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's not bad! I've had worse jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DaveMcG wrote:
    It's not bad! I've had worse jobs.

"Like that time..." - cue Family Guy style flashback about being Christina Aguilera's vocal coach or something...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Only part-time as well but I hate it. Alot. But still, I don't have to care about it, its only a crappy job to help me pay the rent. The thoughts of having a real job/career that I'd have to put effort and energy into really scares me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I loved my job but quit all the same (it helps being able to walk back into it tomorrow if I needed to).

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭acidhappy

working in a bank and i don't particularly lige it but i love the people im working with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

acidhappy wrote:
    working in a bank and i don't particularly lige it but i love the people im working with

working in a bank &
    cant really stand any of my colleagues but quite like the work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

loved it so much at first!:D until, there was a change in the admin and i feel like going out pretty soon for good!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i love my profession, being a chef and looking at people enjoying somethng that i have created brings out huge pride in me. a wa*ker of a boss can never stop you enjoying a job, if you just get on with it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

my last job was in a night club as a floor staff, as for liking it, I did, gt to talk to weird random people all night, the pay wasn't bad either, ~€9/hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Occupation = student :D - I'm loving it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Thirdfox wrote:
    Occupation = student :D - I'm loving it so far!

Right. Ahh!gone are those days when everything's provided and you're problem free.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

ive a handy job

love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Plug wrote:
    Do you like your job?
    I just got a part time job in dunnes there about 2 weeks ago and it's a total doss:) I hide in the tea and coffee part of the store room talking to people, so i like it:) 2 hours today talking about pointless things like beans on toast....

You sound like a lazy person Ireland was not built up with people like you thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Love my job (Library Assistant with Fingal County Council) but only been in it a month so who knows what could happen.

The people I work with are all really different, the people who come in are all really nice, the pay isn't fantastic but there are steady increments and fantastic job security, and I get lots of holidays.

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Carpenter wrote:
    You sound like a lazy person Ireland was not built up with people like you thank god
    you can't talk, your a carpenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OliviaM

it's tolerable and it feeds me.;) so i'm fine with it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my current job is boring but it requires no intelligence or mental effort so my mind just wanders the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

despise it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I do like my job, as in the role I play.

Shame about my colleagues

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Plug wrote:
    you can't talk, your a carpenter.
    Haha, brilliant.

My job keeps me on the Internet all day, so I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm a student teacher, and it can be sooo stressful, but it can be amazing, so much fun and great feel good factor. I can't wait to graduate and get my own class. Til then I'm workin one day a week in an aquarium as a tour guide and I love it so much. Best job ever, so laid back and easy, chatting to kids about sharks! I can't believe it's actually my job most of the time.:)

Advertisement