Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like your job?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I work part time in Atlantic Homecare while I'm in college, its not too bad. Especially when I'm on the tills, which I was all day today, yesterday and friday evening - just have to sit there, all day long....and talk to customers and whoevers on the till next to you. Great stuff.

Not so great on the floor sometimes though, practically breaking my back trying to lift around 50kg boxes and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

My job's not too bad and it's actually passable when busy but when it's quiet it's boring as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Rabies wrote:
    What job? :D
    Currently unemployed for about 5 weeks at this stage. Feels weird having the day to myself. Getting a bit bored of it right now.
    Going to look for work in the new year.

When the work force is being reduced?

Would be smart to get your foot in the door now man, free Xmas party too. Depends thou on the sort of job ur going for you.

Ye sometimes I love it, other times I loathe it. My boss is usally always a wanker or just a Hard man to deal with. There's perks to it and down sides to it. Bit of a half full and empty situation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hate my job. Work 6 hours Sat, 9 hours Sunday serving ill-mannered knacks and getting minimum wage. What's more, my boss is always around on weekends with loads of work for me to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

love my job! receptionist/shop assistant jus get to chat to deady tourists all day and answer phones!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Azureus wrote:
    love my job! receptionist/shop assistant jus get to chat to deady tourists all day and answer phones!
    Get off your butt and fix those memory leaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Last job was dead handy, but sh|te pay, this job is a bit of a challange, but the people I work with are sound, and some of the calls are a good laugh. Also helps that the pay is an extra €300 to €400 a month than the last one:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I didn't know you could have smilies in the poll! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

There ought to be more to the poll.
    I love my job. But I want a larger income so I'm going to have to move forward in the next year.

Does your job pay enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yeah I actually really love my job. I choose my own hours, I have no boss or deadlines. I make more than enough money than I need, It's a sellers market so I can pick and choose my customers, it's in an industry I've been interested in since I was about 12 and there is the opertunity for advancement but only when I feel like it. On the negative side it's one of the most high risk jobs in the world and occasionally I have to work very irregular hours but all in all I think I really have it pretty easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

When the work force is being reduced?

Would be smart to get your foot in the door now man, free Xmas party too. Depends thou on the sort of job ur going for you.
    No point looking for a job just yet. In a little over two weeks I'm flying from Auckland to Perth for christmas and New Year.
    Can't really see the point looking for work now, when I will need a little over two weeks off at christmas to get drunk with Dont Ban Me and a couple of more people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

find my job great!!!;) can't ask for more.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

slipss wrote:
    Yeah I actually really love my job. I choose my own hours, I have no boss or deadlines. I make more than enough money than I need, It's a sellers market so I can pick and choose my customers, it's in an industry I've been interested in since I was about 12 and there is the opertunity for advancement but only when I feel like it. On the negative side it's one of the most high risk jobs in the world and occasionally I have to work very irregular hours but all in all I think I really have it pretty easy.
    Sounds like gambling to me. That's my dream, but I am too lazy to dedicate myself to it, so in the meantime I have to live with hating the 9-5 grind, albeit for decent enough money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

No, but it's better than doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 callmealan

I love my job in marine biology, its not only my job but hobby and see lots of really nice places all around dublin and wexford. And when I'm walking along the rivers. Ha, get a load of this one! I get paid for it! LOL

Although I only get an 8 month contract each year, Im fecking broke all the time! I have to choose a lifestyle or a career. ie, it costs to be in a job you love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

It's a nice job, great co-workers, bit of a laugh, but the pay is pathetic...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I used to love my job. It's lots of hours for not great pay but it was fun... The longer I do it though, I'd be better off working 9-5 for good money somewhere else and keeping the fun stuff for after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have 2 jobs - one I've been doing for nigh on 7 years now, and although the work and the money is fine, I hate my boss. The second job is boring, not at all stimulating and the money is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'm a student who gets all his money from playing poker.

I like my job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I work in Tesco at the weekends, its grand, nothing amazing. Better pay than all my mates. Keeps me drinking in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

slipss wrote:

Any chance you'll enlighten us? Money's on drug dealing ^_^

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I do market resaerch, and most ppl cant stick it. But I love the no-uniform, choose your own hourse, bohemian sitting on your ass too much to leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I like my job, get to surf the net all day. wear what I want the money is OK too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mine's grand, it'd be better if there were no customers :D I do get to chill out and arse about on the net for a lot of the time and the money's not the worst. It's night's though, which doesn't bother me too much, but can be a pain in the arse when there's something on midweek that you want to go to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im just a student, no part time job or anything

being permanently broke kinda sucks

Get a job!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Unfortunatly i enjoy my job, might even say i love it... OK sure there are times when i get stressed on certain sites where nothing is going right.. but mostly its great.. i drive around the city or country and install servers, set up netoworks and broadband and VPN links etc.. sometimes i even just go out and install some software... whatever... its great. I do not like being stuck in an office.. like right now.. no job at this moment.. going out soon though.

I say unfortunatly becuase the down side to liking your job is that i am not ambitious enough to look for something else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Get a job!!!! :)
    I've no time, I've only just finished an assignment that's like at least a month overdue...possibly 2... now I have 2 more to do and we're getting another one soon
    when Im on hols I'll also have too much to do...
    so I'm just going around being broke now since all my money goes on ~60euro/wk busfare...commuting between home and 2 colleges sucks...

It was a joke relax :rolleyes:

But seriously I did the college thing for 5 years, working is for chumps :D

• Advertisement

It was a joke relax :rolleyes:

But seriously I did the college thing for 5 years, working is for chumps :D

I know but I thought you'd be enthralled by listening to me vent ;)

Ah, I'm in year 6 of college... I'm staying a student forever :D

Advertisement