Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another potential damaging storm Sat/Sun

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Torro have issued a severe weather warning, backing up the level 2 from esofex too. warning of severe gusts, damaging winds and CG lightining. Accompained by hail up to 25cm in diameter, and a risk of a T4 or T5 tornadoe Omfg!:eek:

Taken from Torro.org

"TORNADO WATCH AREA:

Whilst highlighting enhanced zones of risk from convective storms is very tricky in this situation, there are signs that the areas included in the TORNADO WATCH are at higher risk than elsewhere. Mesoscale models develop line convection along the cold front across this region, especially across S Eire, SW England and Wales, with a notable pressure “jump” in the isobars.

If this were to occur, tornadoes to T4-5, hail to 20mm diameter, wind gusts 60-80mph, and occasional cloud-ground lightning would be possible.

If intense line convection develops, there is a small risk of an outbreak of tornadoes."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

about 15 mins ago got a huge downpour of rain with wind about 70 mph.
    but it has calmed in the last few minutes here on the castlecomer side of kilkenny.

when is this storm to be at its worst?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

rc28 wrote:
    marathon gas platform recorded 83mph wind and a light ship off cornwall recorded a 90mph gust which is above what was forecast:
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Yes Marathon gusting to 83mph, but far more significant is the
    Mean of 69mph

It's very wet and windy here
    Mean around the mid to high 30s.
    Not quite recorded a gale with max mean of 38mph, max gust 60.

Pressure trend -10mb 3 hr.
    now 976

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bloody hell, this is scary stuff. Freezing temps, snow and cold are one thing to be excited about, but wind..........wind is no fun!! :eek:

I seen some of ye mention the risk of thunder and lightening, shortly after midnight my front window lit up blue, thinking it was some power cables after coming loose and flashing I went out to have a look, but nothing, it had to have been lightening I guess :confused:

Anyone have a sleeping tablet I could take?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement