Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Bonus / Holidays

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

My place closes from 22nd December to 2nd January and I have to keep 3 days of my annual leave for this. Nice little break though. No bonus but we get taken out for Christmas dinner with a few free drinks in mid-December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Igy wrote:
    You might want to think long and hard about that one.

speaking of long and hard, that particular employer are well known for shafting people.

They aint as bad as they are said to be, i get 9-5 four days a week with one late say 3-10 ( out at ten on the nose ) and no problems getting time off and i aint even full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Working for the public sector - we only have to work 2 days between the 22nd and the 2nd, but kept a holiday from during the year, so only working one day. Don't get a bonus at all, but come out with a bottle or two..

The company I used to work for though, we got the whole of Christmas off, 2 Christmas parties all expenses paid, a ton of bottles & really big bonus. Twas hard getting used to the public sector!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Off just before Christmas through New Years weekend. Bonus? Are you kidding? They gave me the bird!*

*Frozen turkey.

Advertisement