Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs Youre Starting To Get Old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

When you realise that you could be a sugar daddy to the hot 19 year old in the corner of the bar giving you the eye.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'm 45 on Friday!!!! (don't feel it!)

I AM NOT OLD!!!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

MikeHoncho wrote:
    When you realise that you could be a sugar daddy to the hot 19 year old in the corner of the bar giving you the eye.:D
    HA im only 22 and feel like that with the other half, its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

kleefarr wrote:
    I'm 45 on Friday!!!! (don't feel it!)

I AM NOT OLD!!!! :D

Happy Birthday!!:D

BTW Another sign of getting old is getting annoyed with the fact that there's no ' in Youre in "Signs Youre Starting To Get Old" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

I think you're only getting old when you give up on life. When you've accepted "this is all there is". When you're afraid to do things anymore. You let yourself go, become unsociable (use RTE in its place), and slowly get bitter...

:D

Not wanting to queue for taxis, or not wanting to be in a place with very loud music, or wanting to wear comfy slippers, etc., is just common sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pikasso wrote:
    BTW Another sign of getting old is getting annoyed with the fact that there's no ' in Youre in "Signs Youre Starting To Get Old" :(
    Yes but at least it doesn't say "your".

I feel old compared to my 16 year old sister but that's it :) I'm 21

and glad to be 21 ...Most of the time I feel younger rather than old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Pikasso wrote:
    Happy Birthday!!:D

Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Will Scarlett

When you realise that the cutie in the office wasn't even born when you started work / were at college. Spooky.

When all your mates want to go home at midnight cos they have to get up for work the next day. Yawn

When people your own age start talking about "young people" as if they were a different species:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

When your friends start showing up in the obituary column.

I heard two guys in their late sixties talking about people that they both knew who had died recently. People they had known all their lives.

Now that surely is a bad sign indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

When you begin to appreciate Dark Chocolate over milk choc. You're ****ed then!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You don't need fake ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Pikasso wrote:
    old is agreeing with you and looking to see who's fault it is, only to realise that I started the thread.
    What I want for christmas this year is a dressing gown and a pair of slippers so I can sit around the house all day
    I just called Czech Republic Czechoslovakia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

You clean your teeth in a glass.

Someone tries to help you across the road.

When you think ****e movies like Borat are a load of rubbish. ..Doh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

you're still young if you find CSG amusing/hot/delete as appropriate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

When you begin to realise you're probably not going to be a premiership footballer after all... Most of the players on the team I support are younger than me. I suppose I should let it go!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm only 22, but something that made me feel old the other day was realising that my first year poster monkeys in a college society I'm involved with are all around 5 years younger than me... Also the thought that there'll be people in college next year born in 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Whenever you are staring at some girl and your friend goes "She only 19" and you go "so?" and he looks disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

chamlis wrote:
    When you begin to appreciate Dark Chocolate over milk choc. You're ****ed then!

im boll*xed so, ive started to buy boxes of black magic and love it, never ate it before. another reason when you know your getting old is when you ring your little brother and scream at him to stop sending messages in text talk, speak normal ffs

• Advertisement

I really start to feel old when I tell my kids that when I was their age we had ...

No mobile phones

No cordless telephones

Only one channel (RTE)

No TV remote control (I suppose we didn't really need it)

No home computer

No Playstation etc

No www

No texts, email, instant messaging, Bebo etc

No microwaves

No CD's, mp3's

No Laser cards

No bar codes

No Irish motorways

No Lotto

No Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, PC World, Atlantic Homecare, Dominoes Pizza, etc etc

Also...

You could get slapped in school.

Women had to leave the civil service if they got married.

You were really rich if you went beyond England on holidays.

If you said 'cool' you were a twerp who was trying to sound American.

If your Mum said 'Shift yourself' you didn't find it funny.

If someone said 'You're sad' it meant you were crying.

An Air Hostess was a really glamorous job.

To be a millionaire was beyond comprehension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

biko wrote:
    Whenever you are staring at some girl and your friend goes "She only 19" and you go "so?" and he looks disgusted.
    Well, if she's legal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

bluewolf wrote:
    Well, if she's legal...

grass on the pitch and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

.... when you bump into your mates in Tesco's on a friday evening rather than down the pub :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

I’m 27 but feel way beyond my years when both my kids are in bed asleep at 8 and alls I want to do is plonk my arse down on the chair and watch some telly trying my best to stay awake. I feel old because my energy levels are dwindling as each year goes by. Complaining about the carry on of the teenagers. Looking forward to sitting in on a Saturday Night and taking it easy……

The 40 + people are reading this about us 20 somethings and rolling their eyes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sinbadfury

...or when you think you should post to a forum asking the question to which you suspect you already know the answer :p

...old is a state of mind people....it's the body that lets you down

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

bluewolf wrote:
    Well, if she's legal...
    only as old as the woman you feel and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well I'm 26 and loving it, don't feel old at all, possibly cause I just got asked for Id last weekend and 18yr olds keep hitting on me! tehe :D
    However if someone ever said I look my age... I might cry

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

When your in a nightclub and Prodigy "Out of Space" comes on, all your fat sweaty mates try to dance for thirty seconds, then lean against the wall shagged out.

That song is 14 years old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When you are delighted to hear the doctor saying "you're in good condition for your age".

Advertisement