Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs Youre Starting To Get Old

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

I noticed over Halloween, whenever I heard bangers and fireworks I thought; 'Kids up to no good'.
    Right now Im watching some show on RTE 1 (God Forbid), and am actually interested in it.
    It seems like just yesterday I was a young man :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

And how old are you...? Is this going to turn into another spate of 20-22 year olds going on about how old they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

3 years ago my younger sister turned 18 and after a big family dinner my older sister, brother and I took her and her friends out clubbing. That night my older sister who was then 33 said that she knew she was getting old because she felt like she danced like an older generation. So thats mine when you dance like your parents you know you're getting old. Oh and the thoughts of waiting forever for a taxi after a night out makes you decide to have friends over for dinner and drinks rather than go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

bluewolf wrote:
    And how old are you...? Is this going to turn into another spate of 20-22 year olds going on about how old they are

Age is just a number unless it relates to the age of consent which is a sensitive subject but my age is irrelevant. Im just pointing out the first signs of turning into an old man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BrightEyes wrote:
    Age is just a number unless it relates to the age of consent which is a sensitive subject but my age is irrelevant. Im just pointing out the first signs of turning into an old man
    I don't think it's irrelevant in a thread about being old
    go on, I'm curious now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'll be outed yet! :)

Signs of aging include spending less time on AH.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

ear hair :(

I turned 29 6 days ago......... ancient! ANCIENT I TELLS YA!!!!
    (But Ill always be younger than my other half! MUHAHAHA!!!) ;)

B :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

bluewolf wrote:
    I don't think it's irrelevant in a thread about being old
    go on, I'm curious now.
    ''Unrelated to the matter being considered'' My age is related to this thread as much as a husband is to his mother in law

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

For me, its having a go at the kids from the school next door for smoking and leaving litter behind. Not too long ago I was that soldier............

Ageing is a process we all continuously go through. Just get over it and grow up :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

For me, it was peeling a dead mouse out of a mouse trap this morning and disposing of it.

There was nobody to do it for me :(.

But I'm not actually old at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

When you go "not this thread again"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Realising you are older than Mischa Barton, that one felt weird to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

for me (25) its contemplating going to the supermarket top buy just for men as im going grey aroung the sides and when i go shopping i have started to think what ill get for monday, tuesday etc.. and ive started to stop and talk to pensioners a lot more than i used to, and agree with them somtimes too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

you are getting old when your breasts look down at your penis where at one time your penis looked up at the place where breasts are now

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

...when you genuinely stop caring and actually feel sorry for the stupid younger generation that (falsely) feel superior because you're not as young as they are.

...when you give out about the music being too loud and wonder why people bother going out if they can't have a conversation.

...when you stop driving like a fugging maniac.

...when you start listening to RTE radio one because the sound of those chirpy brainless twats on the other stations are driving you scatty (especially Smarty Whelan).

...when a ten minute snooze on the couch can make the difference between a late or early night.

...when hair starts growing out your nose, ears etc but stops on your head.

... when you've got more answers than anyone else on the thread!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

.........a sure sign you are getting older is when you find a song you really like on the car radio, crank it up, then whip the volume back down again because you might damage the speakers and you paid GOOD MONEY FOR THEM, DAMMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

When you are chatting to a workmate about music and you both like The Clash or whoever - and the workmate says - Yeah my dad used to play them all the time when I was a kid and thats how I got into them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

A sure sign your getting old is when you start to wonder if your getting old.

Your watching RTE?:eek: Your well past your prime then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

you are getting old when your breasts look down at your penis where at one time your penis looked up at the place where breasts are now
    Breasts and a penis? Getting old is the least of your worries I'd say.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Breasts and a penis? Getting old is the least of your worries I'd say.:D

never heard of "man breasts".... :D , or "moobies" as i like to call them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

When every time you bend down to pick something up, you stand up with an "ooh" or an "aaaah", or something clicks and then hurts.

When you buy your first cardigan.

When you start wearing slippers.

When wurthers originals are actually something you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a "Phuck I must be old!" experience when speeding in back of ambulance with Grandpa Billy to Beaumont A&E last week. I thought that the crew looked like they weren't even old enough to ride a moped let alone drive an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm 26 pushing 27.

Some things I have noticed:

Kids have called me "Mr".

I have loads of grey hair.

Found grey hair in on my leg and a few on my face if I don't shave for a while :eek:

Sitting in pubs myself and my friends often remark that the music is too loud and we can't hear ourselves talk about house prices etc.

Rarely go to clubs any more, too many "kids" in there.

Only three and bit years left before I can no longer use the working holiday scheme in some countries (I'm in NZ on one now).

My younger sister will be starting college in next year, I can remember when she was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Rabies wrote:
    I'm 26 pushing 27.

Some things I have noticed:

Kids have called me "Mr".

I have loads of grey hair.

Found grey hair in on my leg and a few on my face if I don't shave for a while :eek:

Sitting in pubs myself and my friends often remark that the music is too loud and we can't hear ourselves talk about house prices etc.

Rarely go to clubs any more, too many "kids" in there.

Only three and bit years left before I can no longer use the working holiday scheme in some countries (I'm in NZ on one now).

My younger sister will be starting college in next year, I can remember when she was born.

Bloody hell. I'm the same 26 going on 27. I complain if the music is too low and I don't think I've ever had a conversation about house prices. Don't go to clubs. Not because there are too many "kids" there. It because they are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

petes wrote:
    Bloody hell. I'm the same 26 going on 27. I complain if the music is too low and I don't think I've ever had a conversation about house prices. Don't go to clubs. Not because there are too many "kids" there. It because they are ****e.

...you know you're getting old when you still feel young but start complaining about your peers complaining about getting old!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

You're old when you realise this is the same thread you've read five years in a row.

Saddest of all, you're still reading it.

... when your back goes out more than you do.

... when you fall asleep and everyone thinks you're dead.

Sure, I'm only 21 but I presume these'd be signs you're getting auld! Though I personally believe I've got the mind of a 5 year old in the body of a 90 year old so I'm a mixture of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

When you're 99% certain that many Gardai are wearing their daddy's uniform, and should really be in school.

When your mother proudly informs you that you're older than the newly installed bishop. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

agreed with the dont go to clubs because they are ****e, i am 23 and have only been to night club about 3times in last 6months, i dont consider myself old, its just the music is ****e,and everyone is annoyingly drunk/out of it,prefer to stay in a late bar or somewhere and drink myself stupid in comfort(usually with better music!)
    but im really feeling the cold these mornings...does that make me old or am i acting like a big baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

gucci wrote:
    , i am
    but im really feeling the cold these mornings...does that make me old or am i acting like a big baby?

No. Its just cold. Actually overheard a conversation in a toilet at the weekend. I was in the cubicle. Two old guys were talking and one was saying that it wasn't a bit cold outside and that we don't know the meaning of "cold weather". Fook that, it was freezing outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

... when you fall asleep and everyone thinks you're dead.
    That really is annoying. You take one nap in a ditch in the park and everyone starts declaring you this and that.

Advertisement