Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the biggest con you've pulled?

Options
  • 19-11-2006 11:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive realised that my cons are pretty tame. :(

* Faked a mate's death for a day
    * me and 2 mates pretended we worked for bank of ireland to get into a free bar. (we knew nobody there)
    * pretended that I was 10 years older than i was to pick up a chick with big boobs. I was 20 she was 32.

anyone any good stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I've pretended to go to college for four years, now i'm doing a masters. Shh, nobody's copped it yet....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Itzacon \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i con ed a huge sporting event into thinking that i wrote for a newspaper.... even tho i was 17 and dyslectic and could brealy write.... got loads of free stuff witch involved them putting me up in a hotel for 3 nights, media passes to all areas... a sticker for my car so i could park everywhere, meals.. and the rormal like pens paper maps etc etc and a few funny looks going into the media room after everyday.... going to do the same thing in the new year to get a full year media pass... witch works for most events....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The greatest con I ever pulled was convincing the world I don't exist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 englishineire

I'm the real Bond, have retired and come to Ireland. Ahh bollox, the secret's out now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

my ex housemate faked his death and ran off to america.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    my ex housemate faked his death and ran off to america.
    why would someone do that or more importantly would they get away with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Me and a mate told a lot of people that another friend of ours got stabbed. We hadnt seen him all summer so when he came back to school everyone was really concerned about him.

Well it was funny at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

My greatest con? You'll never know. And that's what makes it the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

My greatest con? You'll never know. And that's what makes it the greatest.

You're not really a scouser at all are you? You're probably from Manchester or somewhere :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I manipulated everyone to think that nothing was going on when in fact i had come so unbelievably close to taking over the world its not funny and noone even knew it was me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I got my Dad to sit my leaving cert. for me.*

*This is probably bullshit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Binomate wrote:
    I got my Dad to sit my leaving cert. for me.

Not a patch on that time you beat up an auld fella and tried to let him take the rap for starting it with the cops though, yeah? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Rigged a quiz in a pub. Then chatted up the girl I'd beaten. Prize was £200. My cut was £80. Class.
    A friend of mine dropped out of Trinity in first year after two months. Went back on another course, dropped out after two weeks, didn't tell his parents. He spent the year in the cinema, the Museums and shopping. Doesn't sound like much of a con till you hear that he was living in an appartment with his father. He'd get the DART into town, watch a film in the Savoy, go home after lunch and watch T.V. When his father got home, he'd make it look like he just got in. Lazy, but brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

My lawer has advised me to remove this incriminating evidence ;)

John

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm constantly doing the old 'Heads I win, tails you lose.' Very seldom get caught.
    I'll have to think of the biggest con though..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

rb_ie wrote:
    Quiet Satan... your kind ain't welcome no more ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Lump wrote:
    I faked my leaving cert results to get into college (In england).... it worked, three years later I have a degree. Amazing what you can do with a scanner and photoshop.

John
    hmmm - i done this the old school way - photocopier. But i went one better, i just studied for a diploma for 3 years, i just couldn't do the extra 2 years for the degree, was sick of being broke, 8 years later and after working in Australia, Singapore, Bangkok, Brussels, London, Dublin - nobody wants to see my photocopy anymore - 30 mins gone down the drain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I bought a bottle of beer in a pub,necked it,filled the bottle up with slop from a dead pint,brought it up to the bar said "this tastes crap mate" and got a fresh bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just geting 1, 500e out of an asshole landlord. Felt good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

HavoK wrote:
    Not a patch on that time you beat up an auld fella and tried to let him take the rap for starting it with the cops though, yeah? :D
    How could I forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Just geting 1, 500e out of a landlords asshole. Felt good.

MQFT

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

My mate sarah pulled this huge guy before about 16st, im pretty sure his name was Con.

T.Sc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

rb_ie wrote:

Hey give me back my sig :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jaggeh wrote:
    MQFT

The things I would do for 1, 500e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

empirix wrote:
    hmmm - i done this the old school way - photocopier. But i went one better, i just studied for a diploma for 3 years, i just couldn't do the extra 2 years for the degree, was sick of being broke, 8 years later and after working in Australia, Singapore, Bangkok, Brussels, London, Dublin - nobody wants to see my photocopy anymore - 30 mins gone down the drain.

If one were, hypothetically, attempt to get into College using forged LC results; how would it be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

When we were teenagers in secondary school we were asked to make a collection for the Irish Wheel Chair Association. The school gave up some buckets and tins and expected a small scale fundraiser. The gave us a letter stating we were collecting on behalf of the school.

So we knew we could make a few quid out of this by going door to door and collecting. We decided we would keep 70% and we would give the school back 30% so they could give to the Irish Wheel Chair Association. So we started on a Friday evening and made a few quid going door to door. It was not as much as we expected. Someone then mentioned why we don’t go to the pubs in Crumlin Villiage. Great idea we thought. Went to each pub, showed the bar manager our letter and made a killing big time. We hit 4 or 5 pubs and make about 600 Irish Pound at the time. We were over the moon. We hit the pubs again on the Saturday night and made another few hundred quid. Someone again mentioned that there was no one scheduled for the church gates on Sunday and if we go and talk with the busy body in the parish hall, show her our letter, it should not be a problem.

So there we were 6:45 am on Sunday morning getting permission to collect, which we did no problem. This time we invested in big buckets and there was 4 of us. We hit all the masses that morning and afternoon and made a killing.

At this stage, not realizing how successful the collection would be at the beginning I was feeling guilty. The guilt really kicked in when this old guy coming out of church, must have been about 85 years old, almost ready for a wheel chair him self, threw in a 20 pound note into my bucket. That was it I said to me self, I was like mister you don’t have to give that much, here have some change, so he was not hearing any of it.

In the end, we make about 1400 Irish pounds that weekend, we gave the school 400 and we kept the 1000 between 4 of us.

We would also rig the spot the ball cards. We would pull out the first few threads and find out where the ball was and sow it back up, and see each panel putting some oul’wans name down the road on it. That was very profitable I tell you.

To this day I still feel guilty about it, but hey I was a young entrepreneur….

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

When we were teenagers in secondary school we were asked to make a collection for the Irish Wheel Chair Association. The school gave up some buckets and tins and expected a small scale fundraiser. The gave us a letter stating we were collecting on behalf of the school.

So we knew we could make a few quid out of this by going door to door and collecting. We decided we would keep 70% and we would give the school back 30% so they could give to the Irish Wheel Chair Association. So we started on a Friday evening and made a few quid going door to door. It was not as much as we expected. Someone then mentioned why we don’t go to the pubs in Crumlin Villiage. Great idea we thought. Went to each pub, showed the bar manager our letter and made a killing big time. We hit 4 or 5 pubs and make about 600 Irish Pound at the time. We were over the moon. We hit the pubs again on the Saturday night and made another few hundred quid. Someone again mentioned that there was no one scheduled for the church gates on Sunday and if we go and talk with the busy body in the parish hall, show her our letter, it should not be a problem.

So there we were 6:45 am on Sunday morning getting permission to collect, which we did no problem. This time we invested in big buckets and there was 4 of us. We hit all the masses that morning and afternoon and made a killing.

At this stage, not realizing how successful the collection would be at the beginning I was feeling guilty. The guilt really kicked in when this old guy coming out of church, must have been about 85 years old, almost ready for a wheel chair him self, threw in a 20 pound note into my bucket. That was it I said to me self, I was like mister you don’t have to give that much, here have some change, so he was not hearing any of it.

In the end, we make about 1400 Irish pounds that weekend, we gave the school 400 and we kept the 1000 between 4 of us.

We would also rig the spot the ball cards. We would pull out the first few threads and find out where the ball was and sow it back up, and see each panel putting some oul’wans name down the road on it. That was very profitable I tell you.

To this day I still feel guilty about it, but hey I was a young entrepreneur….
    ouch...major guilttrip for life there boyo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

splinter wrote:
    ouch...major guilttrip for life there boyo

The chatloic church have not gotten to me that bad, sometimes I will think about it and feel bad, it definatly done not consume me at all... just feel bad for the old fella give over the 20...

Advertisement