Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2000 Bet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

Hey sorry I missed your q. there betfair usually give better odds alright,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

They sure do, PP were giving 3 on a draw, I got 3.85 at BF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Don easy for anyone to say oh I had three thousands or whatever on such a team.

Show your bets?

I'd usually say feck off but since I'm in a good mood LOL

The Bayern game
    2006-11-25
    16:22 ********** 2006-11-25
    15:06 Fixtures 25 November Hamburg v B Munich / Match Odds
    Comm Charged 5% On Net winnings of EUR1157.96 - - - (57.90) 2,085.06
    2006-11-25
    15:03 Fixtures 25 November Hamburg v B Munich / Match Odds / The Draw
    Back 500.00 3.75 Lost (500.00) 2,142.96
    2006-11-25
    15:06 Fixtures 25 November Hamburg v B Munich / Match Odds / B Munich
    Back 485.

The Celtic Game
    Bet Receipt No. : O/*******/*******

Selection Selection Details Result
    1 Football Matches W
    Champions League Matches
    Celtic v Man Utd
    21st of November 2006 7:45pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Celtic @ 4.00

Stake and Return Details

Bet placed at 20th of November 2006 5:30pm Total Stake €1,000.00

Bet Type Single (To Win) Tax@Tax Free 0

Number of Lines 1 Total Stake Due €1,000.00

Stake per Line €1,000.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00

Channel Internet Total Amount Paid €1,000.00

Number of win lines 1

Number of Void Lines 0 RETURNS €4,000.00

There, hope thats enough info for you!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Don easy for anyone to say oh I had three thousands or whatever on such a team.

Show your bets?

It not excactly difficult to type up a betting slip is it?

• Advertisement

Well if you know your sh*t you can see whats legit and whats not ;)

Those bets were nice wins but nothing compared to my biggie in October,

Bet Receipt No. : O/
    /

1 Football Matches W
    Premiership Matches
    Everton v Sheff Utd
    21st of October 2006 3:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Everton @ 1.57

2 Football Matches W
    Coca Cola C'ship Matches
    Southampton v Stoke
    Win-Draw-Win
    Southampton @ 1.83

3 Football Matches W
    Coca Cola C'ship Matches
    Sunderland v Barnsley
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sunderland @ 1.66

4 Football Matches W
    Premiership Matches
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    22nd of October 2006 1:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 1.90

5 Football Matches W
    Scottish Premiership
    St Mirren v Rangers
    22nd of October 2006 2:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Rangers @ 1.44

6 Football Matches W
    Premiership Matches
    Reading v Arsenal
    22nd of October 2006 4:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Arsenal @ 1.57

Stake and Return Details

Bet placed at 20th of October 2006 1:08pm Total Stake €500.00

Bet Type Accumulator (6) (To Win) Tax@Tax Free 0

Number of Lines 1 Total Stake Due €500.00

Stake per Line €500.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00

Channel Internet Total Amount Paid €500.00

Number of win lines 1

Number of Void Lines 0 RETURNS €10,403.44

3-1 Bolton.

Well I meant maybe a picture not typing it out.

Sure hows this...

• Advertisement

Here is the celtic bet...

Heres a big accumulator from October

Well done on Celtic bet ;)

Did you do Bolton?

Well I meant maybe a picture not typing it out.

sure why not ask him for his log in name and id, cos he could photochop the pciture.

:rolleyes:

That quick.

Well done on Celtic bet ;)

Did you do Bolton?

I got a return of €1187 on the Bolton game minus €175 I used to cover a draw and an Arsenal win. ood week overall, Passport thanks for the tips.

sure why not ask him for his log in name and id, cos he could photochop the pciture.

:rolleyes:

Sure you still wouldn't believe it if I told you I did Tigers wife and showed you the photos in The Dubliner LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

You're all mad. The most I've ever put on a single bet was a couple of hundred. I have to admit when I was a student I thought about getting a 5k loan from the bank and betting with it. I rarely, and I do mean rarely bet on soccer. Horse Racing is where it is at for me. I absolutely love it. I'm a horse racing fanatic and don't consider myself a gambler. If you have alot of money then I suggest you look into laying horses on betfair. It can be risky but if it's done right alot of profit can be made from it. I'm sure if someone laid my selections I post on the horse racing forum they'd be rich by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Ive had a bad day in the French League and im looking for some advice
    joeybhoy1916 and san jose u seem to know what ure talkin about dunno if ughs are up to date with the german 2nd division but im lookin to see what ure opinion is on this treble
    Karlshurle@ 2.1 against Unterhaching
    Sevile @ 2.1 against A. Bilboa
    Stuttgart@ 1.5 againt Monchengladbach

(all prices paddypower)

dunno bout throwin zaragoza in: €300 with zaragoza - €5556
    €300 without zaragoza - €1984.50

Zarogoza price is soooooooo temptin!!!
    What do u think of the treble + do what do think about zaragoza??????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Are you betting based on what you'll make as an outcome, or using a point system, personally I don't like to bet based on what I could win as it's usually risky. I use a points system myself 1-10, depends what you value 1 point as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Posting of monetary amounts should be frowned upon. It causes many problems and encourages oneupmanship. This point has been laboured on many betting forums and it has long been established that a points system is the way to go. That way, the guy with a betting bank of 100 euro, who may know more, has the same relevance and input as the guy with a betting bank of 100,000 euro. Posting of big wins of several thousand euro are all very impressive but one given was 1 month ago, and thus is a waste of time. What bets have you lost in the interim Jose? (Rhetorical Q btw)

wyndham wrote:
    What bets have you lost in the interim Jose? (Rhetorical Q btw)
    To tell the truth I only lost one bet since October, this way last thursday and I bet with €1K of my Celtic win. Today is looking good, placed €500 on ManU at 2.7, then 5 minutes ago I covered this bet with €250 on draw at 4.6.

This is a hobby, nothing more, I didn't even register with Betfair until yesterday.

Ive had a bad day in the French League and im looking for some advice

Dont be chasing lost money when you have a bad day give it a break dont be throwing money on things just to try get your money back.
    Zarogoza price is soooooooo temptin!!!
    What do u think of the treble + do what do think about zaragoza??????

I hope you didnt, me personaly would have done Stuttgart and Anderlecht in a double.

The two teams I named won so sorry about that putting them up late not long in door.

DonJose wrote:
    To tell the truth I only lost one bet since October, this way last thursday and I bet with €1K of my Celtic win. Today is looking good, placed €500 on ManU at 2.7, then 5 minutes ago I covered this bet with €250 on draw at 4.6.

This is a hobby, nothing more, I didn't even register with Betfair until yesterday.

How many times do you bet a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Not really chasing money, just wanted to see what you thought of the selections because u seem to be doin quite knowledgible when it came to the football.

I put the bet on and yes my eyes did get bigger than my stomach and i put zaragoza in it - they go a goal up 5 mins gone and they have a player sent off on the 10th min and then kepper drops a clanger halfway in the 2nd half to finish 1-1 , should of done the original bet as Karlshurhe, Stuggart won and seville 2-0 up after 10mins.

But on the plus side i did cover my bet with Stuggart and lazio, so im up €30 - it aint €1900 but it aint a loss either!!!!

Yeah wouldn't mind knowing that myself to be honest I think your gonna go down hill I hope you really dont but I can see it happening how old are ya if you dont mind me asking Don.

goodolegill The only reason I have broadband is for the purpose of gambling poker and betting research but as I already stated I done what I call stupid gambling doing lots of bets and cant really stop betting until it got out control so I stopped doing that now I just try pick one good bet every few weeks or that.

You have the internet so look things up if you want to gamble for living and wanna win money. There are lots of sites out there find the good sites put them into your Favorites then go to one site see who there tipping for example if you go to one site and they say for example bet the max most of the time it's 10, now if there are say 10 tipsters on the site and three or four tipsters say back a certain team then you go to another site and a few of there tipsters say back the same team then you put all your thoughts into that team do abit of research look up who there missing or who they have back in the team how's there home record away record etc etc. Takes up time but well worth it.

Tipsters get paid to do all the research well dont know if they get paid but some are better than others. There are some really good tipsters also some very bad one's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Any links joebhoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

wyndham wrote:
    Any links joebhoy?

There are thousands of them. Go to google or yahoo dont mean it in a bad way it's just there are loads http://www.bettingadvice.com/ is one site there is a tipster there called Lakini he is fairly good plus think he has his own site there should be links on the site I gave you.

I often dont agree with tipsters becasue they are wrong sometimes, but it's just good to get there opinion on the matches or any other sport.

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=169 look at this tipster go near middle of page he got two wrong out of his last 15 pick's not bad I must say.

• Advertisement

Weeks can go by when I wouldn't bet. Since I won €10k in October, I didn't bet again until last week when I bet on Celtic to beat ManU, I had a couple of single bets wins over the weekend, won on Bayern, won on Bolton, lost on ManU but covered the bet by betting on a draw then last one tonight was a win on Real. So that was 6 singles this week.

Advertisement