Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2000 Bet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If you can get odds on Cannavaro winning FIFA World Player of the Year then lump on. He started off at about 7/2 and he was odds on within the last week. Coral and Ladbrokes seem to be confused as they have the market up some days and not others. :) I'd say if Betfair had the market up he'd be about 1/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Its not the amount you bet, its the liability that concerns the bookies.

Many years ago Ladbrokes had a £500 liability limit, meaning the shop staff had to phone head office, and get the ok to take the bet. I assumed it was to get the phone ringing in head office if there were a lot of bets on the same horse. Every Saturday I waited at the counter as they got clearance.

What the do in the computer age I don't know. If you want €2000 on a 1/2 shot they will take those bets all day. But if you want €2000 on a 25/1 shot then you have no chance.

You're looking for a sure thing. Bookmaking is run on sure-things. Everyone who bets think they have a sure-thing. Reality intrudes.

You can only make money by knowing what the crowd does not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Car Mad wrote:
    holy flup yer all mad where do ye get that kind of money to be just go into bookies and slap it up on the table.anymore tips?u sound like a good one;)
    biggest bet i ever placed was a 100squids on a sure thing got him at 8/1 morning prices coming up to race he was favourite.sure thing ffs he came 4th:(

I have plenty of money for a guy who doesnt work :D

It wasnt a sure thing if he only came in 4th :p
    What chuncky said no such thing as a sure bet.

I dont really put my bet's on here unless im very sure it will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

I have plenty of money for a guy who doesnt work :D

It wasnt a sure thing if he only came in 4th :p
    What chuncky said no such thing as a sure bet.

I dont really put my bet's on here unless im very sure it will win.

well i was told by the jockey i could put my house on him just aswell i didnt:rolleyes: plenty money for a fella dat dosnt work what do you do con people:p anyway keeping my eye out for that sure thing:eek: champions lge chelsea 1-1 draw.liverpool psv 0-0:D .if you could get gonzales to be 1st goal scorer it would be worth a punt hes playing alrite lately.man utd celtic id also go with Kenny miller to get first goal.
    *i will not be liable for any loses but wins thats a differant story:cool:

LOL nope dont do that either.

Well you can take this whatever way you want but im very tempted to put the whole lot of my money the profit plus my €2750 on Celtic draw no bet very big IMO at 7/4 :eek:

I dont think united will beat them at home so 13/5 isnt bad but for a safer option draw no bet at 7/4 seems like a great bet to me.

COMMON THE HOOPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Car Mad wrote:
    if you could get gonzales to be 1st goal scorer it would be worth a punt hes playing alrite lately

Man, are you on drugs? You clearly missed his latest two premiership games v Arsenal and Boro. He was woeful. :confused:

im very tempted to put the whole lot of my money the profit plus my €2750 on Celtic draw no bet very big IMO at 7/4 :eek:

It's times like this you have to bet with the head and not with the heart. I think Man U will beat Celtic comfortably on Tuesday.

Best of luck anyway.

It's times like this you have to bet with the head and not with the heart. I think Man U will beat Celtic comfortably on Tuesday.

Not at parkhead they wont.

Well if you think they will win easy there even money shot.

Alex would be happy with a draw so would Celtic but i would say they will be going for the win if celtic draw benfica win celtic might still be a head in goal difference.

I am betting with my head Celtic are no good way from home well not bad when they could manage 3-2 at United's home ground but when Celtic are at home it's a different story.

Man, are you on drugs? You clearly missed his latest two premiership games v Arsenal and Boro. He was woeful. :confused:

maybe maybe not:D nah dis fellas got quality hes playing well in the champions lge so why not.hes due a good game why not against psv 12/1 isnt bad i put €4 on him hey im a really high roller lol high:rolleyes:
    another good bet would be a 1-1 draw at 5/1 Paddy power odds.
    no im not on drugs just to let you know:cool:

Best of luck anyway.
    From Celtic's last 25 home games in Europe they've only lost once (and won 19). That match was against Barca when Larsson came off the bench to make one and score another for Barca. Maybe Utd will win but it certainly won't be a comfortable win.

• Advertisement

Ok, ok point taken on Celtic. We'll have to wait and see what happens on the night.

Either way I'm hoping it'll be a classic encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Ok, ok point taken on Celtic. We'll have to wait and see what happens on the night.

Either way I'm hoping it'll be a classic encounter.
    United have won once away from home in Europe (not including the champions league qualifiers) since 2003/04 champions league (when they won 2 out of 4). That's a total of 1 win from 9 games, the majority were losses too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I fancy United here. If they had won in Copenhagen, they might not be so bloody minded, but they didn't, and they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,377 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Over quadruple your money on Celtic draw AND a Chelsea draw double.

Celtic great at home, United in great form, could def see a draw, meanwhile Chelsea benefit from dropping points as it makes life very very hard for Barca. Think will field a slightly understrength side as already qualified, and Werder are a quality team, were unlucky to lose at home to chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

United and chelsea at the weekend. Huge match, so expect both fergie and jose to have an eye on that. Jose will probaly rest a few players, all united need is a draw.

Yeah.

What did I tell ye.

COMMON ON THE HOOPS

The cup is coming home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Yeah.

What did I tell ye.

COMMON ON THE HOOPS

The cup is coming home

Fair play,first thing I thought of when free kick went in was you...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Yeah.

What did I tell ye.

COMMON ON THE HOOPS

The cup is coming home

did you have the whole €4750 on them??? if so, congrats.

jimbling wrote:
    did you have the whole €4750 on them??? if so, congrats.

hes gone on holidays:D come back and tell us how much you won.why did i back kenny miller to score first:o fiar play if u backed celtic wudnt it be great if man u didnt qualify again glazer would have another stroke:rolleyes: anyway im backin chelsea for the draw tonite all tho they have a strong team out i think they might not play there best so bremen will get point and put pressure on barca if i was mourinho thats what i would be thinking anyway:cool:

edit i checked again and it said he was tempted to put money on draw :(

Car Mad wrote:
    edit i checked again and it said he was tempted to put money on draw :(
    He said he's tempted to put it on Celtic, draw no bet. You get your money back if it's a draw.

• Advertisement

Sorry so late getting back on the beer.

First time by the group the stages yeah baby :D

They wouldn't let me put the lot on it but they did let me put €2,000 so I won €5,500 in the space of a few days not bad work.

I told ye there is no way they would beat them at home and I was betting with my head and what can I say what a free kick has to be goal of tournament so far and what a save at the end they well deserved it.

Sorry so late getting back on the beer.

First time by the group the stages yeah baby :D

They wouldn't let me put the lot on it but they did let me put €2,000 so I won €5,500 in the space of a few days not bad work.

I told ye there is no way they would beat them at home and I was betting with my head and what can I say what a free kick has to be goal of tournament so far and what a save at the end they well deserved it.

fair fecks to ya well done;) hope the bookies didnt mind losing too much:eek:
    do you fancy breman against barca?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Ah I suppose its always nice to hear about the wins,and never mention the losses....

Enjoy that money now...Put it aside for a good christmas.

That a scary amount of money to be gambling. All well and good when your winning but I'd hate to see what happens if you started chasing loses with such big stakes.

Anyhow, spend your winnings wisely!

PS. You must have had a seizure when Man U got the peno :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Draw no bet

Believe it or not I didnt.

Did you see Saha was about two foot away from ball and had a very bad game. I was with my mates watching the match I even stuck a hundred on that he would save it with a mate they were all united supporters. He is a world class keeper really is not just saying because he plays for Celtic.

Ok well I do have to admit I was biting the nails but all ended well thank god.

Mad I often lost alot of money would be the first to admit I gave up gambling what I call stupid gambling, as you said chasing after lost money is no way to go.
    Bateman wrote:
    and they will.

:rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JoeSixpack

Gonna finally place the bet. I bottled it last time!!(Wish i hadn't!!)

Going with Sunderland again.It's gonna be a tough game for them against Wolves but i just cant see them losing.

A draw is a real possibility so with this kinda money im gonna go draw no bet, currently 5/4 on paddy power.

I will place the bet at 19:45 so if anyone has any news that i haven't heard please tell me or if you think im crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

JoeSixpack wrote:
    Gonna finally place the bet. I bottled it last time!!(Wish i hadn't!!)

Going with Sunderland again.It's gonna be a tough game for them against Wolves but i just cant see them losing.

A draw is a real possibility so with this kinda money im gonna go draw no bet, currently 5/4 on paddy power.

I will place the bet at 19:45 so if anyone has any news that i haven't heard please tell me or if you think im crazy!

Win lose or draw this is a crazy bet. 2000 quid on an away team? And that away team are a team who have lost 4 of their last 5 away games? Stone raving bonkers! Its a match where a home win draw or away win wouldn't surprise me. Two of the most inconsistent teams in the division.

To be honest I reckon theres about 50 better 5/4 bets out there this weekend. Good luck with it and everything but to be honest I hope your a rich man and are just doing this bet for shits and giggles.

Pighead wrote:
    Win lose or draw this is a crazy bet. 2000 quid on an away team? And that away team are a team who have lost 4 of their last 5 away games? Stone raving bonkers! Its a match where a home win draw or away win wouldn't surprise me. Two of the most inconsistent teams in the division.

To be honest I reckon theres about 50 better 5/4 bets out there this weekend. Good luck with it and everything but to be honest I hope your a rich man and are just doing this bet for shits and giggles.

No not a rich man! My thinking is that its Roy Keane and i just rekon he will have his team well fired up for this one.

Cheers for the info. If you where in my position then what would you place it on?

• Advertisement

Bet placed.

Sunderland draw no bet.

€2000.00 placed at 5/4

potential returns €4500.00

Come on Sunderland!!

Advertisement