Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2000 Bet

Options
  • 17-11-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi everyone, Long time lurker, first time poster!!

Gonna place a bet tomorrow on 1 game for €2000 looking for a return of at least €1000. Looking for as near as i can get to a sure thing.

Anytime i do bet i always bet big on a 1 of game. Have only lost once doing this but obvoisly i lost big(€1200 on Ireland losing:eek: )

This will be the biggest bet i have placed. I only really know about the premiership so bet on that and the few tips i get on this forum.

Any thoughts on what i should place it on bearing in mind that i am looking for as close to a sure thing as possible.

Your advice is much appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

JoeSixpack wrote:

Gonna place a bet tomorrow on 1 game for €2000 looking for a return of at least €1000. Looking for as near as i can get to a sure thing.

Doesn't exist. 'A sure thing' will never be priced at better than 1/2.

€2000 on Chelsea/Arsenal double returns €3200, roughly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JoeSixpack

wyndham wrote:

That does sound like a good bet and yeah i know there is no such thing as a "sure thing".

Think im gonna put it all on Sunderland to beat Colchester. Returns €3600

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

JoeSixpack wrote:
    That does sound like a good bet and yeah i know there is no such thing as a "sure thing".

Think im gonna put it all on Sunderland to beat Colchester. Returns €3600

Any thoughts?

Well Jaysus If you do ill be looking out for the score....

mad m wrote:
    Well Jaysus If you do ill be looking out for the score....

not decided yet but i think this bet has the best value!

Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Mind if i ask how you're going to place the bet? Just gonna walk into a bettingshop and bet a grand?

• Advertisement

and if you want my tip. Erin's Own to beat Wolfe Tones at 4/5 in Ladbrokes. Good bet and a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

If you have to come onto an internet forum to get reassurance, Id say keep your money in your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

This is the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

fade2black wrote:
    This is the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

Why becasue he wants to try make a few pound we all dont do 10c E/W lucky 15's :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I say fair balls :)

I think chelsea and arsenal is a good double.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newcastle NEVER win in London and Chelsea are hard to bet against right now (Drogba is great form).

I'm betting all of 80 on that double! :) Assuming team news is as expeced.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

wyndham wrote:

that seems a good bet,still i`d be sweating bricks for 90 mins though

Best not to watch and listen to Slayer on repeat.

Mike.

Still nobodys answered my question. Can you just walk into a bookies and slap 2 grand on the table? Is that a regular occurance?

Still nobodys answered my question. Can you just walk into a bookies and slap 2 grand on the table? Is that a regular occurance?

Of course you can do this with any of the major bookies, provided it's not on something easily fixable, where they would have limits. With premiership matches, it's basically unlimited.

Joe6, did you make a bet then?

Don't be telling us at 5 o'clock when it's all done and dusted!

I want to feel some of your gambling buzz as it happens!!

Henry on the bench!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

0-0 latest with Sunderland V Colchester

Edit:1-0 to Sunderland....Phew!

Course you can there bookies :confused:

Although I went into PP one day to put on a bet for €4000 they wouldnt take it they said the most they could take was €700 I never bothered doing the bet thank god because I would have been really ill if I did do it. :)

Oh JoeSix I hope you didnt do the bet but if you did hope all goes well for ya. Amazing they can beat Liverpool 3-0 at home so far cant beat Newcastle although Henry is on now.

Course you can there bookies :confused:

Although I went into PP one day to put on a bet for €4000 they wouldnt take it they said the most they could take was €700 I never bothered doing the bet thank god because I would have been really ill if I did do it. :)

I knew you TECHNICALLY could, but i presumed it was a situation where they would refuse your bet if it was too risky for them.

I knew a girl who worked in a bookies and she told me bets of this kind of magnitude were very rare, and that if you tried to put on over a certain amount they'd ask you into the office before accepting it.

• Advertisement

they'd ask you into the office before accepting it.

Into the office?

They ring there main office if the bet is over a certain amount. The main will tell them id they can do it or not the like's of PP are good for nothnig ***** to be honest. If you go there to do a big bet they start asking them on the phone is he local does he look like a young person or old person and so on.

Not too sure about this but prity sure Betfair had offten taking bets maybe hundreds of thousands.

If you go to a bookies to do a big bet the small ones wont take it. But if you were trying just go in if they say no say fine ill bring my business somewhere else and never go back into that bookies.

I didn't place the bet. Wish i had of put it on Sunderland now!!

I normally place big bets online. The biggest one was €1200 on Ireland and that was taken no problem.

Do you think there would be a problem betting €2000 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

i was going to tell you to put it on wba to win but i 4got to post, sorry

Joe your full of rubbish to be honest.

You come on here asking how to make a thousand and the boys gave you a bet now your either to chicken to say you lost your money or as I just said full of rubbish. You even said yourself it has best value.

Now I bet my ass if the bet came in you would be saying oh thank you your after making me a nice few pound keep your tips coming and blah blah blah.

Why dont you ring the company who you are with or email them and ask them if it's ok for you to place a bet for this so called €2,000 then you will have your answer. Most betting shops though of course will that this bet even if it was 1/4, why you say the answer is the bookies always wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The only limit on betfair is the amount of money you can get matched. If you can 1 million match, you can bet 1 million. Getting 2grand on a premiership or even championship match would be easy.

Well if you are serious about the bet here is one I would do with that kinda money.

Denmark League

Silkeborg v Odense

Silkeborg have lost 5 matches in a row, they still haven't won on their own turd and have generally been less than impressive at home.
    It looked good last week against Brøndby, but the out of form team still managed to beat SIF 3-1.

It has been looking very good for OB this season, with many thinking them the best title-challenger. Before last round, that is. Last round they lost to FCN, in a very even match.

Silkeborg will most likely be missing influental midfielder Michal Hansen and will definately be without the services of Peter Degn.
    OB will only be missing marginal player Magne Sturød

Odense are in 3rd place Silkeborg are in 11th place. Brøndby that beat them last week 3-1 are in 7th place. Should be easy win IMO.

Oh yeah game is on tomorrow.

7/10 Ladbrokes. Id say they would take two grand bet.

€1,400 profit if it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

In theory, the bookies shouldn't be refusing bets of that amount, as they can hedge either with other bookies or on betfair.

Having said that, I know a lad who had 150 quid on Shels to win the league at 2/1, and when he collected in Ladbrokes today, they had to phone head office before paying out; which is stupid, they should have everything in order. Being one of the supposed "big 3" in England, you'd expect €450 from Saturday's float to be chicken feed for a Ladbroked office, but then they're a joke and have been for a long time.

Well I hope you took my advice.

1-3. Had a nice win myself on it
    €2,750 @ 8/11 nice €2,000 profit.

Photo-0001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Well I hope you took my advice.

1-3. Had a nice win myself on it
    €2,750 @ 8/11 nice €2,000 profit.

holy flup yer all mad where do ye get that kind of money to be just go into bookies and slap it up on the table.anymore tips?u sound like a good one;)
    biggest bet i ever placed was a 100squids on a sure thing got him at 8/1 morning prices coming up to race he was favourite.sure thing ffs he came 4th:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lesson number 1 - a sure thing doesnt exist.

Advertisement