Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers - where sells the worst?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Scien wrote: »
    €45 a pop? Come off it... and it's totally wearable, they have to be atrocious looking.
    gammychristmasjumpers.com are the same, €45 + €10 shipping. :rolleyes:

That Cardigan above was the nuts. I stopped bidding at $30. :(
    Keep the suggestions coming for Brick & Mortars in Dublin.
    Need one for the Cork & Dublin legs of 'the 12 Pubs' next month.

mail saying they are down to 40!!! woop woop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Check out charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Scien wrote: »
    I made sure to take a screen shot... :)

33ttb2p.jpg

Damn, it'll be hard to come across one as truly epic as that.

Deffo.
    And best worn as displayed with a shirt an tie, perfect. I'm regretting now max bidding on it.

Hasn't anyone got a handy granny that can knit up a few replicas for us!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

http://cgi.ebay.ie/WOW-CHRISTMAS-Jumper-Cardigan-M-14-16-LOOK_W0QQitemZ390120663406QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Clothes?hash=item5ad500e96e#ht_1007wt_1165

Very tempting. :pac: Pricey though.

Seriously though, looking out for something dodgy for the 12 pubs night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd try touristy shops. Saw an American lady with a Christmasy Irish souvenir jumper at work the other day. It was ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Here's another one to try:D

http://www.gammychristmasjumpers.com/

^ HA! Gammy is a class word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 crownprinceadam

http://www.gammychristmasjumpers.com/.
    they seem like what you're looking for. they're 40 yo yos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Get a cheap wooly jumper somewhere, down to an Arts & Crafts shop get some coloured felt and some of them fuzzy mini pom poms they sell and some fabric glue, cut out what ever xmas shapes ya want from the felt and stick them all over the jumper, def win ya the tackiest and prob cost ya €10-€15 max :D

Actually with the felt you can just secure it on with small safety pins, least ya can use the jumper again then if you get a plain one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

http://www.gammychristmasjumpers.com/.
    they seem like what you're looking for. they're 40 yo yos

Was just gona post them..... I couldn wear one..
    The SHAME..

Wow, you'd make a fortune from selling these. They are going for mad prices on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Someone said to me yesterday that they got one for their Son in Penny's.

You could try some charity shops. Best of luck with your hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

these guys do bulk discount

http://www.FunkyChristmasJumpers.com

13655_183652663108_522953108_3810029_4101414_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ChristmasJumper

Just a quick post to let members know that the English company has not moved to Eireland but is still in Wales.
    We are not using this post to advertise but to inform and warn members of a very dodgy site called gammy. We say dodgy we could say crooked. What else do you call a company that steals designs and has them made up in the far East and then sticks them on an auction site to flog off. They hide behind the auction site you can only contact them by e mail you cant find ther address, they do not comply with distant selling laws etc. We do not mind honest compatition and there are some good sites out there but we all object to crooks making money by fraud and that is what it is. If we do not stop the crooked traders then eventually that is all we will have left and i dont know about you but I prefer to know who I am dealing with. If gammy wants to clean its act up and stop stealing other companies designs they will be welcome but untill they do they should be stoped. Lets see if they are still around after Christmas or lets see if they just do a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Folks,

Would anyone know where I good get an absolutely hideous Christmas jumper?

I’m looking for the worst one possible, something with a reindeers nose that lights up etc etc etc…..

You know the type, pure Alan Partridge (incidentally Steve Coogan used to come to Dublin to but Alan Partridges jumpers in the Kilkenny shop) :pac:

Also if anyone has one that they would like to sell?!?? :o

Thanks in advance Folks.

And Season’s Greetings……. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

http://www.funkychristmasjumpers.com/

or

http://www.gammychristmasjumpers.com/

I got mine from Gammy....very very happy with jumper and service :)

They rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

All the good ones are sold out :(

its the 14th Dec...what do you expect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

its the 14th? :eek:
    Sh1t times flying.... Where did the year go?

Have a look in some of the liquidation shops in your area... They sell just about ANYTHING

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I made my own! Just got an ugly old jumper and stuck all sorts of tack on to it. I also printed out a reindeer template I found online, coloured it in myself for that extra homemade feeling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 catkingcole

i see at least one 'alan partridge' style jumper every time i walk into a charity shop in this country. i'm still baffled about the amount of people freaking out looking for these over priced novelty jumpers when there's hundreds of horrible bill cosby/alan partridge/toy show style jumpers being thrown out all the time. i know people are all going crazy for these christmas novelty jumper parties, but i don't understand why more people don't just go down the route of just horrible jumpers that actually look like something your aunt would've given you, since its infinitely cheaper and gives way more scope for creativity.
    i've seen a few people around town in jumpers from that "gammy christmas jumpers" site, and they just look like suckers to me.

edit: the point i wanted to make with this whole post is that you should go and support your local charity shops rather than buying brand new horrible jumpers/supporting the manufacture of unnecessary junk that isn't even funny. the world is dying right now, wear a horrible 80's charity shop jumper rather than a brand-new one you'll probably only wear a couple of days this year and then forget all about.

Full of christmas spirit, aint we ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 catkingcole

gaz wac wrote: »
    Full of christmas spirit, aint we ? :rolleyes:

if christmas spirit is about helping charities and those less fortunate instead of temporarily satiating your own frivolous urges to buy yourself novelty rubbish that will only help add to the rest of the giant, unmoving trash heap we're creating on a daily basis, then yeah.... wait, did i get christmas wrong?

Who said were not helping charities :confused: OP asked where he could buy a jumper, we told him. If you have a problem about "selfish people" or people who buy "novelty rubbish", I suggest you take your post to R&R and keep posts on topic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gorjess-girlie

They're selling a grey jumper with a reindeer on it in the women's section of New Look. It's €35. Then there's this girl - http://myworld.ebay.ie/woollybabs/

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Crikey! If I had known Christmas jumpers were going to be so popular I would have made hundreds! Ive just made one for my son. Snowballs, bells, and penguins! Bit late to make my fortune this year spose:(.Anyone want to order theirs for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

pics please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Im working on it! By the way they are not Christmas rubbish. They can be washed and put away or swopped with someone else for the following year. :)

Advertisement