Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers - where sells the worst?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, my friends and myself are gonna be having this big session the week before christmas and we're all looking to buy a christmas geansaì each for the night out.

Just wondering where is the best place to get them? Jumpers that play music are top of the wanted list and jumpers with a red bobble for Rudolph's nose are next!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anyone???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

yeah im looking too... can t find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Knit one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

break into the rte wardrobe department :D

wait a minute, you're not Pat kenny are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I bought one on ebay.com for €3 plus €12 P+P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pull & Bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Have you seen the Oxfam ad where they're trying to stop people buying useless things for Christmas and donating the money to developing countries instead? Might be worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Shaws

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I had the exact same idea but after looking online they're really expensive, as you'd expect novelty clothes to be. Also theyre nowhere near embarrassing enough

Youre best bet is to try charity shops, as long as its got a 70s scandinavian vibe you'll be grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

TX Max is always good for some dodgy gear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Myself and a friend tried this last year. Arnotts, Cleary's, Boyer's etc. were all useless.

If you do find somewhere handy in Dublin please let us know here OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Guns McGarnagle

Hi guys,

There is an Irish company about to go online which sells christmas jumpers for xmas 2008. wearchristmas.com I have seen them and they look great! perfectly old school!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

hardCopy wrote: »
    Myself and a friend tried this last year. Arnotts, Cleary's, Boyer's etc. were all useless.

If you do find somewhere handy in Dublin please let us know here OP

got a deadly one in h&m last year in the sale. it's a size too small and everything. Makes me feel like Eoin McLove!

And the guy above has to be a shill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ah good old thread......*pats thread* good boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rudolph

Found some at www.tyhanleigh.com icon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

i'm lookin for one also, great around christmas....

saw this advertised on facebook

www.funkychristmasjumpers.com

Take care as this company is in the process of being checked to see if they are genuine as they give no information about their location and can not be contacted except by e-mail and it looks as if they are not trading legaly under UK trading laws for internet selling.Buyer beware!!!

rudolph wrote: »
    Take care as this company is in the process of being checked to see if they are genuine as they give no information about their location and can not be contacted except by e-mail and it looks as if they are not trading legaly under UK trading laws for internet selling.Buyer beware!!!

cheers ;)

I'm just after getting a reply from them, they seem okay to me, Irish based.

I'd planned on ordering some for my staff for XMAS, i'm gonna order one and take it from there.......i'll keep ya posted

• Advertisement

Hope that all goes well and you get your jumpers. Did they say why they wont give out their address and telephone number if they are a reliable honest trading company and not someone working another scam?icon4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pynchy

any of the charity shops on Capel street will have tacky 80's christmas style jumpers (if they are not out on the shelves ask them, cause they are probably throwing them away)... i saw a gem the other day in the enable Ireland shop and it was only a fiver!

But have you bought it and if so will you wear it?icon5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pynchy

i didnt buy it because it didnt fit and if i had i would only wear it for a brief drunken period around christmas... for the craic.

80's jumpers will come back in very soon!

i got 3 jumpers from funkychristmasjumpers.com, i'm happy with them :D, the kids love em, pity they dont do small sizes

I'll be ordering some for my team for XMAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Harlequin - near georges st arcade

Did they tell you why they want to keep their identity secret? Glad you got the jumpers and you are happy with them. What lable is in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Burrachaga

www.tyhanleigh.com are excellent.
    A family owned business in Wales. You'll get one for about 100 europeans & they are really nice people to deal with. Good quality knitwear too.
    The attention you get from the ladies when you wear a Christmas jumper is unbelievable. They love them. The best 100 quid I've ever spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Found some at www.tyhanleigh.com icon12.gif

Aww, the best one there is a kids one

http://www.tyhanleigh.com/christmas-snowman-jumper-148-p.asp

I would try Paco. They have all sorts of manky stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's a note on the site saying you had to order before the end of October to have them before January... Who would think of buying a Christmas Jumper before Halloween?

Advertisement