Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you break up with someone for having a small chest??

Options
  • 31-10-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is serious. Please, if you're going to take the piss, just don't bother posting.

I'm reasonably good looking, early twenties, but have an amazingly small chest. I mean really small. I know 12 year olds who've more bust than I do (as I get reminded of a lot).

My question is would you break up with someone for that? I've kind of decided I'm never getting into bed with someone, until I have surgery or something, and I don't want that!

Don't just say stuff to make me feel better. Honestly, if you got in bed with a a girl, and she was really small, would that be the end of it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

ha, no, definitely not

any guy that would isnt worth your time tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Garret wrote:
    ha, no, definitely not

any guy that would isnt worth your time tbh
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

absolutley not!!!
    It takes different strokes for different folks as the saying goes. Personally i prefere smaller chested ladies (i am an ass man!!) and as the saying goes "more than a mouthful is a waste!"
    Seriously though if someone broke up with you for having a small chest then this is not the type of person you want to spend time with. Anyway how would they not know..

Good luck and be confident, it certianly is not all about the chest for all of us men...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Silly reason to breakup with someone in my opinion. If you really want to be with a person then you will haved look beyond the individuals body for something else inside so it doesn't really matter to me much.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Why would they get together with you in the first place if it was a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Two words;
    1:Kiera
    2:Knightly
    http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/05/keira_narrowweb__300x492,0.jpg

Stunningly beautiful, quite flat chested (though i couldn't find better images to illustrate these, they often seem digitally enhanced or well presented in the pictures google images shows me), completely irrelevant.

Breasts are breasts. There have been dozens of threads about which men prefer and, though the search feature is a little disfunctional these days, any one of them will illustrate that while a lot of men like and enjoy large breasts, many also prefer small or very small ones and very very few would complain either way.

Seriously.. you have nothing to be concerned about. Nipples are the main feature :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

In pure superficial terms yes breasts are really great, no one is gonna deny that, but there are a lot of guys out there who prefer a cute butt .. so dont worry about it, it must be great for running and stuff not having to haul a couple of big ones around... always a bright side :)

Kiera knightly looks anorexic in that picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Why would they get together with you in the first place if it was a problem?

Seconded.

Why would a guy get together with you if he didn't like it? That really is no reason to break up with someone. Anyone that would really isn't worth your time imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i can't believe someone would do that. would never do it myself, been with both large and small and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies! Im actually almost crying reading them.

And to the people who've been saying, how would he know? There's ways of faking it!!

I guess I just always thought if i was ever with someone they'd just be waiting for the next partner hoping they were better equipped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

And to break up with someone because of it... they arent worth your time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Not that it makes a difference, but how small are we talking here? Flat?

IMO, the most important thing when it comes to boobies is perkiness. "The Package" as a whole is more important though, so small might suit you, we don't know. But this is all purely physical. there's a Hell of a lot more to people than that ;)

But to answer your question: No. Definately not. As long as we were suited for each other.

The Guy's a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Would you break up with someone for having a small chest??
    It depends on what they kept in this small chest... childrens severed fingers? then yes, I'd break up.

But anyway, no boobs aren't an issue for me... I'm more of a face and ass man myself.
    Personally I get a bit put off if I suspect boobs are fake, I'd rather they were just left alone, but then I guess boob-jobs are for the womans benefit more so than to impress men... confidence, feeling more feminine or whatever :confused:
    Some women say they're amazed how men are so concerned with the size of their dinkles... yet obsess about their boobs.
    Whatever size your boobs, I think most people find hangups a turn off... don't stress about it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I nearly went out with a young woman with incredibly small breasts, they were practically not there. I didn't really have a problem with it, and I didn't break up with her because of that. To be honest I would have preferred slightly larger than she had but I wouldn't have wanted her to get any surgery to make them larger, I would have preferred them the way they were. She's probably the main reason I prefer smaller breasts now. (but Kiera Knightley helps!)

I don't think you should enhance your breasts/add padding. Why not just settle into your skin and maybe you'll find someone that is interested in the way you are as opposed to the way you think people want you to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fennis

Hi there,

You sound really cool...but it is not cool to doubt yourself. I adore small breasts and I really cannot fathom why guys would go for larger breasts at all. Whenever I see a girl with a small chest I am immediatly interested; I think that you should realise that not all guys are the same. Some really love it!

I agree with everyone so far. There's absolutely no way any man worth having would be that shallow. I'd ask you not to pad them - it might give us nice guys who look for more than just "two big personalities" a chance! Its all about feeling comfortable with yourself. If you feel good about yourself guys will feel good about feeling how you feel good!! ;)

If you are considering having surgery please check out all the risks first. From what I've seen and heard it could be dangerous for your health in the long term. Also - I don't know about other guys but I like breasts big or small, the only ones I don't like are fake ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I know 12 year olds who've more bust than I do (as I get reminded of a lot).

seems to me that people who would make such comments either have small minds, or are not aware how hurtful these comments are

a dear friend of mine was in a similar situation, known as "2 backs" among other things ... she too considered surgery, albeit briefly

after some thinking, she decided it would be better to let people know that such comments were childish and not clever, and she just moved on

i would avoid people who make these comments, and seek the company of people who value the person behind the mammary glands

better yet, seek out friends with large chests, and hear them talk about back aches, ill fitting bra's and the lecherous stares from half-wits and schoolboys that plague them

to answer your specific question, if i was still a single trout, and got into bed with a girl, and she was really small (chested), i'd be thinking ... "w00t ... i'm in bed with a girl!!"

breasts are breasts, wonderful in their variety ... a woman is much more than her chest ... good luck!

It depends on what they kept in this small chest... childrens severed fingers? then yes, I'd break up.

Thank you for making me laugh!!
    Whatever size your boobs, I think most people find hangups a turn off... don't stress about it IMO.

Thats true!

Someone up there asked how flat is flat? Lets just saw I make Kiera Knightly look large! And Im almost six foot, healthy enough build (not fat tho) so Im not in proportion or anything! But thats not the point. Im just wondering would you guys run if your gf was really small.

And to the person who said 'The guys a moron'; there is no guy in particular. I was just asking a question for future refernce.

trout wrote:
    known as "2 backs" among other things ...

Is that a play off 2pac... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

To be honest if this is making you so as self concsious as it obviously is, and preventing you from going to bed with a guy, then maybe you should consider surgey.

While a big rack is not necessarily a pre requisite........no one can deny that it can be an important part of the package. Im not for a minute saying that I would break up with a girl over it, but some guys definitely would not go out with a flat girl, although few would come onto even a site like this and admit it.

Comments like

'And to break up with someone because of it... they arent worth your time'

are slightly irrelevent imo since you dont know what the girl in question is like, maybe she is not worth his time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I prefere larger breasts, not to big DD is plenty, But i would not dump someone because of small breasts. I have some friends that dont like women with big breasts.

If you were in the uk you could get breast surgery for free. by saying you were depressed by it. Or if you really want, pay the 3-6 thousand to get it done.

Any guy that shallow isnt worth the skin off your sh1te.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well when it comes down to it, yes some guys whom are boob men would. but sure they're few and far between, and i'm sure they'd notice before time to break up would arise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

im into the small ones myself - give me a shout and il reassure you about them over coffee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I love a big pair of tits like a horse loves apples but I wouldn't see it a deal breaker. Looks are more important than jabs. Conversely if you had huges knockers and a face like a bag of spanners then I wouldn't be interested.*

(*Well that bit might be lie)

All I can say is don't hide what you don't have. Wonderbra? More like wonder where her tits went! Nothin worse than eagerly sticking your hand in the till only to come out shortchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Small tits is a lame excuse for breaking up. Why? Because any guy who had a genuine thing for big tits wouldn't get involved with a flat chested girl to start with.
    trout wrote:
    known as "2 backs" among other things
    Brilliant.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I definately wouldn't, so don't let who ever that dude was ruin your self esteem...esteam...este.....oh you get the message. Geez that would be the
    lamest excuse I've ever heard. So anyway that dude definately wasn't worth
    and you're better off without him!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think a lot of guys tend to prefer women with smaller breasts as those women try to make up in other areas, especially personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I totally agree with PigmanII.
    Don't go the wonderbra route all the time, if a guy IS a tit man, he'll feel totally short changed. You might pad it up when you've got an outfit that needs it when you're going out, but let a bloke know what he's getting.. that means know what else he's getting apart from breasts too.

The thing you need to learn about a breast man is that he isn't necessarily a case of "big tits or nothing", it's more that girls with ample cleavage have to do a lot less work to impress him. If you impress him, he'll be happy. Obviously, he'll miss the tit-**** but you can't have everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I totally agree with PigmanII.
    Don't go the wonderbra route all the time, if a guy IS a tit man, he'll feel totally short changed. You might pad it up when you've got an outfit that needs it when you're going out, but let a bloke know what he's getting.. that means know what else he's getting apart from breasts too.

Agree with that. Don't bother trying to make them look bigger because some guys might just get annoyed by that kind of thing.

I don't like big breasts on a girl. Being small is better than being too big IMO.

What turns one guy one will turn another off. We don't all like the same thing (stupid media stereotype).

Advertisement