Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the most expensive DVD of all time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Thats ok so Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

plonk wrote:
    If ye get anything I will be sickened as my mp3 player broke yesterday and I was going to buy a 60gb ipod for 1.49
    But alas I didnt
    they won't ship electronics to Ireland, I tried to order a 40" LCD last night for €19.49 HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,..an ounce of pluck is worth a ton of Sh*t*

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

lord i can't believe some of ye. u tried to buy cheap stuff when there was a fault with the website knowing that there's a chance it might not happen. nothing wrong with that. tried it myself. chancing my arm but then some of ye start giving out about the fact that play.com never sent ye an email saying it was a fault with the system and ur order's cancelled and then ye go through the t&c to try and find fault with what they did. give us a break

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mine are all listed now as having been posted but I haven't got any confirmation emails of this and its still showing up in the unposted transaction section of the credit card account.

need more valium :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

all my games say posted too.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

the corpo wrote:
    all my games say posted too.......
    same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

You rouges! Maybe if I wasn't so greedy as to buy 17 DVDs they might have given me what I ordered. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

muffler wrote:
    Mine are all listed now as having been posted but I haven't got any confirmation emails of this and its still showing up in the unposted transaction section of the credit card account.

need more valium :D

I'm sure Celine will help you calm down once your wife has hit the repeat button....:D

Lucky Beestards the lot of ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

All mine were canceled.

mad m wrote:
    I'm sure Celine will help you calm down once your wife has hit the repeat button....:D

Lucky Beestards the lot of ya.

Ms Dion is a bit like sheep dip - alright in small doses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My final order has just been sent. So out of the 5 things I ordered, 4 were sent and one was cancelled. Now to wait and see do they actually turn up...

they took the payment from my visa last night €11.98 for season 1&2 Star Trek the original series,..15 discs. so looking good, still at "Packing" stage since Thursday morning.

My order has also been charged to the credit card. In my Play.com account/order details the items are listed as having been posted yesterday but the only thing that is missing from all of this is the usual email they send stating that the order has been posted.

Time will tell.

muffler wrote:
    My order has also been charged to the credit card. In my Play.com account/order details the items are listed as having been posted yesterday but the only thing that is missing from all of this is the usual email they send stating that the order has been posted.

Time will tell.
    how much of a price difference is there in your items ?
    I ordered my dvd's at €5.99 each but the real price is €74.99 each :eek:
    they may allow orders that are close to the real price,..unlike mine:(

I ordered this:

4 x 24 box sets for €7.49 each for 3 of them and €5.99 for the 4th one (€37.49 each on site now)
    1 x west wing season 7 box set at €20.99 (€59.99 now)
    1 x Just Cause PS2 game at €19.49 (€37.49 now)

I doubt if they would send anything that would be more than 1 euro difference in the price. But we live in hope :)

Edit; €68.94 was charged to my credit card so that would work out right (for me)
    €229.44 would be the correct price

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OT but whats with this playtrade thing they are doing? the used dvds seem to work out dearer.

heres er season 7. It's £32.99 from play. underneath theres a guy selling a new copy for £38. Why the hell would you buy that?

Stekelly wrote:
    heres er season 7. It's £32.99 from play. underneath theres a guy selling a new copy for £38. Why the hell would you buy that?
    That happens all the time on Amazon. There is a selection of new & used titles and I've seen the used titles being quite a bit dearer than the new ones at times.

The same happens an odd time on eBay especially with the "buy it now" items

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

muffler wrote:
    I ordered this:

4 x 24 box sets for €7.49 each for 3 of them and €5.99 for the 4th one (€37.49 each on site now)
    1 x west wing season 7 box set at €20.99 (€59.99 now)
    1 x Just Cause PS2 game at €19.49 (€37.49 now)

I doubt if they would send anything that would be more than 1 euro difference in the price. But we live in hope :)

Edit; €68.94 was charged to my credit card so that would work out right (for me)
    €229.44 would be the correct price

Be the Holy!!! Any chance of selling me a box set of 24?:)

mad m wrote:
    Be the Holy!!! Any chance of selling me a box set of 24?:)
    If (and its a big IF) I get them I will be able to sell these cheaper than anywhere else. :D

Im not really that interested in the series anyhow. I think I may have seen one episode some time ago. But "she who must be obeyed" watched quite a bit of it so we will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

u lucky bastards the lot of u if u get them was going to jump at a lost boxset but now they fixed their prices lol :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Woohoo, xbox 360 wireless network adapter arrived this morning. €15 well spent there

Oh happy days.

24 Season 2 arrived this morning. Got it for €7.49. The Play.com store price is €37.49

Yeee Haaaaaawwww

3 more 24 box sets to come together with west wing box set and a PS2 game

my Star Trek (original series) season 1&2 (15 discs),..have been posted on the 2nd Oct, €5.99 each, real price €74.99 each,...yesssssssssssssssssss:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

congrats guys.

guess they wanted to keep their big customers happy

• Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yes.. i officially hate you all.

Thought i was being all noble with my "i know it won't happen.. delaying other genuine orders.. blah-de-blah" speech.

Bastards!

Actually a big thanks to Nanu who posted this at the outset, It started off with a post about a DVD costing I think, about €209. Someone else then posted a link to to an item that was going at a "not to be missed price".

I immediately did a quick trawl through the site and seen loads of things at incredible prices and said to myself - fcuk it, the worse they can do is refuse the order. I ordered immediately and I made sure it was for items that would be delivered here. I think the trick was to get in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

hah, my first game showed up today. thats mental

it's nice to stick it to the man once in a while ;)

Heh, have been following this thread for the past while and I just want to say congrats lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

HAH. Play got pwnd. Nice one lads.

Advertisement