Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the most expensive DVD of all time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Hardly a surprise in fairness, and anyway it's not as if we've lost anything.
    God loves a trier and all that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

My play.com ones were all cancelled, my playusa.com ones are still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

All mine are gone except one which they changed to charge the full price.
    That includes some that were ordered at proper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

All my orders were cancelled but according to #19 in their terms and conditions, if there is an incorrect price they said they would contact me and offer the item at the correct price, they haven't done that.

Now fair enough the price difference was noticable on the big stuff, but play do have sales, and cds for €5 wouldn't be too far from the correct price. The fact that they haven't contacted me, and #5 of their terms and conditions states no contract exists until an email confirmation is recieved, which I have. So it could be argued that I have a contract and from my opinion they would have to email me to state that there was incorrect pricing and show that that was obvious from the other items that they have on sale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The .com site will not quote prices in Euro now at all- it defaults back to sterling...... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

No contract is made until they take your money, and although true that they should have contacted you to offer the items at full price I assume that there were so many they decided to let people figure it out and reorder...

Personally I think they should have sent an email to everyone along the lines of 'we experienced difficulties with our system yesterday which resulted in the mispricing of many of our items. We have cancelled all relavant orders, please...' and so forth, but just let people know that might have bought a single €5 cd!

All mine were cancelled too, it was worth the try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

red_fox wrote:
    No contract is made until they take your money,

... which is what the 'View Details' page had said for the two "Packed" items I ordered ("payment has been received" or something similar), but which later reverted to 'Processing', whereas items which were just "order placed" have been cancelled like everyone else.

I expect they're well aware of the distinction and are going to notify me of the change in price later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

still sterling only. is one to assume we can order in sterling again?

I ordered an Xbox 360 for €1.49 last night! I knew it was a long shot esp when I read the number 19 in the T&C,below, but I went ahead anyway to see what could happen. This morning when I checked my account in Play I saw that they cancelled the orders. Now I don't want to be pedantic here but they did not send any email to me asking me do I wish to cancel or proceed with the order at the correct price as stated in 19 of T&C.
    Also part 5 of the T&C states that as soon as they send a confirmation email then a contract has been entered into...
    Anyone with any legal experience here know if its worth pursuing??

5. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Play.com unless and until Play.com accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Play.com sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Play.com of your offer to buy goods from Play.com or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Play.com.

19. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

they cancelled my orders also :(:(:(

• Advertisement

Further to that, I just spoke to my credit card company and there was a charge put on my card for €1.49 from Play.com. No sign of it being reversed yet!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep I just checked my account and there is "No Outstanding Orders"

It seems like a game of cat and mouse from reading this case http://www.out-law.com/page-436 they have to provide a series of checks and links and they are open to interptation as to whether one was fully guided to their terms and conditions before placing an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

2 of my orders were cancelled, but they were ones I ordered about 10 minutes after my original 3 orders. The original 3 all still say processing. I know I'm not gonna get them so I'd rather I was just able to cancel them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mossy Monk wrote:
    still sterling only. is one to assume we can order in sterling again?

I ordered a CD (full price) in Euro last night after they had everything sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

the prices for their play trade service still seem messed up:

http://play.com/DVD/DVD/CART/5-/Search.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=hitchcock+presents&page=search&cur=257

£77, converting to 31euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The missus just bought this for €8.99 on Blah. Same CD is €13.49 on Play.com so I think we will be doing a lot less shopping at play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Celine Dion...? There's no excuse, muffler.

"Missus" or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ah sure you know the crack yourself - anything for a peaceful life :D

Ok it now says 3 of my orders were posted and one that they cancelled yesterday has now gone back to packing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Was the one that they cancelled yesterday one that you had bought at a faulty price?

Had you contacted them about any of this hoopla?

Prey xbox 360 - €2.49
    The Godfather xbox 360 - €8.99
    Xbox 360 wireless network adapter - €14.99

All posted today. 12 month xbox live subscription €17.49 has gone from cancelled to packing. I had also ordered a prison break boxset for €4.50 which was cancelled and still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmm... Cool. Maybe there's hope for us all yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You lucky thing.....
    All I have is a cancelled order, and two seperate charges of exactly 1 euro each against my credit card......

Well either they're posted, or it's a screw up and it's supposed to say cancelled... or they've charged the full amount to my card in an almighty screw up.

Some of my cancelled items are now down as processing and in packing, two are still cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mine are still cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

wow mine are now at the packing stage again,...so last night I ordered & "packing" this morning "cancelled" and now "packing" again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

If ye get anything I will be sickened as my mp3 player broke yesterday and I was going to buy a 60gb ipod for 1.49
    But alas I didnt

• Advertisement

plonk wrote:
    If ye get anything I will be sickened as my mp3 player broke yesterday and I was going to buy a 60gb ipod for 1.49
    But alas I didnt

You wouldn't have got it anyway. They don't ship electronics + games consoles outside of the uk.

Advertisement