Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the most expensive DVD of all time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

well my order is at the packing stage see pic, fingers crossed:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Well we will be emailed and asked if we still want to purchase the product now it's not being sold at a ridiculous price!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The order situation shown on my play.com account has now gone from packing back to processing. Sad, very sad.

This type of thing reminds you of when you were a nipper and had a snowman built and then out came the sun and it slowly, slowly melted away. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

what's bothering me is the fact that if you clicked the View Details option for any orders that appeared as "packing", it clearly stated that your payment had been made.

Now i'm not a dentist, but as I understand it for a contract for sale to stand up, three things need to happen:

1. Invitation to treat - ie they advertise the goods.
    2. Offer - ie you place your order.
    3. Acceptance - ie they accept your offer & take your money.

Now, Play are smart, and while they confirmed receipt of the order (ie the 'Offer'), they issued no emails saying the order was completed" (ie 'acceptance').

But here's where I have a problem - the fact of the matter is their website stated that payment had been made, which would certainly create a reasonable impression that a contract had been agreed.

So, if this is the case, how the hell can they just unilaterally decide that no, actually, we HAVEN'T taken your money, and no, there was no contract.

I'd be tempted to ring BOI credit card services tomorrow & see if any transactions (reversed / cancelled) were initiated from Jersey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

lensman wrote:
    Hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

muffler wrote:
    The order situation shown on my play.com account has now gone from packing back to processing. Sad, very sad.

This type of thing reminds you of when you were a nipper and had a snowman built and then out came the sun and it slowly, slowly melted away. :(

Nice analogy I must say.

lensman wrote:
    How do you get that snapshot of the web page?

Here we go - tried to look in on the order status again and got this:

We are currently performing essential maintenance and hope to have this completed in a few minutes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

muffler wrote:
    How do you get that snapshot of the web page?
    hit your "prtscrn" key & paste it into a new file in your graphics package then cut what you need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

All back to normal:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

The site is now down for maintenance when you try to purchase anything. Did we all get in in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

All prices back to normal...now whot? Anyone feel like starting a court case like the kodak one (page 2 I think)?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dont play charge 1.49 everytime you order something? (It reeks havoc with my 3v cards)

If they charge me that and dont ship my goods there will be trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I ordered 14 DVDs (half of which boxsets), all coming to about €55 (one of the boxsets was a 36 discer for €18).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Order Reference(s) : 77032354

Item : Star Trek: Voyager - The Complete Season 1-7 Collection Box Set
    Price : EUR 19.49
    Quantity : 1
    Delivery Cost : Free
    Payment : Credit Card

I was being nice, only ordering the one....... :(

I think their getting a wee bit too personal, can't they take a joke,..here's what I just got see pic;) ;);):p;);) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

lensman wrote:
    I think their getting a wee bit too personal, can't they take a joke,..here's what I just got see pic;) ;);):p;);) ...

laughing head off :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

smccarrick wrote:
    Order Reference(s) : 77032354

Item : Star Trek: Voyager - The Complete Season 1-7 Collection Box Set
    Price : EUR 19.49
    Quantity : 1
    Delivery Cost : Free
    Payment : Credit Card

I was being nice, only ordering the one....... :(

Yeowww...... its now listed at 506.99.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I didn't order anything either. I'd be very surprised if any of these orders go through. Some might slip past but they surely wouldn't be any of the really expensive products.

Anyway, the good/other news is that the prices are now marginally alligned with the Sterling site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

lensman wrote:

I'm crying with laughter here:D :D
    My mams having a panic attack, haven't told her it's not real. She thinks we're all gonna be arrested. Oh the innocence:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Brian017

Guys didn't anyone read their terms that someone posted a few pages back? You won't get those stuff at those prices.

lensman wrote:
    Excellant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Well I'm not getting that maintenance message anymore and my account still has the order placed at the cheap prices.

Still who am I kidding I'm never gonna get the mega discounts

Well that's it. They just cancelled all of my orders. Poopy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

hardware has vanished from my orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

just checked mine, they cancelled all mine, without even an email or anything. bad form. AND i know they wouldnt have gone through but an acknowledgement before they cancelled them would have been.

oh well it was worth the try in case it did go through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

*poof*

gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

i still have two showing - dead rising @ €41.49 and Saints Row @ €13.49

these are the two that were listed as Packing earlier (with the 'payment accepted' message) but then reverted to Processing. I expect I'll get an email from them notifying me of the change in price next.

I notice that now I can't select the Euro option at all. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

mine are gone too!!!!!! bugger that!!!!

Advertisement