Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Crimsonred

degsie wrote: »
    If you are not comfortable dealing with a live unit then turning the mains off would be advisable.

Ok, thanks for that, I just had read back over the thread and the consensus seems to be to turn off the mains power so that is what I will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Crimsonred wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for that, I just had read back over the thread and the consensus seems to be to turn off the mains power so that is what I will do.

Yes that is what I did, shut off the power and change the battery. Simple operation and no loss of codes and settings etc...

deeno1975 wrote: »
    Yes that is what I did, shut off the power and change the battery. Simple operation and no loss of codes and settings etc...

So I shut off the mains power, remove the front cover which triggers the tamper alarm and then enter the code to turn that off, change the battery and turn back on the power and am good to go?

So I shut off the mains power, remove the front cover which triggers the tamper alarm and then enter the code to turn that off, change the battery and turn back on the power and am good to go?

Precisely, that is exactly what I did and had no issues.

Precisely, that is exactly what I did and had no issues.

I got it sorted just now, as you say, no issues, I turned off the mains power to before opening the panel and when I switched the power back on it got back up and running as before.

• Advertisement

I got it sorted just now, as you say, no issues, I turned off the mains power to before opening the panel and when I switched the power back on it got back up and running as before.

Well done and still alive to celebrate Christmas ;)

Well done and still alive to celebrate Christmas ;)

Indeed, that is a bonus and of course the money saved by not having to call out the professionals will come in handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jeames26

hi every one:),i have problem with alarm,when i switch alarm so system is arming,but the bell only i can hear upstairs in the main panel box, i cant hear outside house!,can u help somebody plsssss!!!,when i alarm switch on for partguard is same problem ,

please help,thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

What control panel have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

kub wrote: »
    What control panel have you got?

Guessing from where he/she posted it's a Aritech CS350? Sorry...:o

• Advertisement

how to check wich i have control panel?

jeames26 wrote: »
    how to check wich i have control panel?

I obviously stand corrected :cool:

Anything printed on the control unit? Can you post a photo?

u mind main panel upstairs?,or small downstairs

Both.

thanks pal for a replay,can i upload pic 2morrow?pls,thanks budy,any way thanks every1 for a help

hi ya lads,how to upload pic over hire?

jeames26 wrote: »
    hi ya lads,how to upload pic over hire?

Click on the 'paperclip' icon when posting and upload the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sirlion

Looking for a bit of help here.....

I moved into my house couple of months ago, the low battery was displaying on the keypad since then. I assumed it was a battery for the keypad that was running low and left it be.
    I eventually looked into replacing the battery and found this thread. My alarm is an aritech cs350.
    So I bought a new battery and replaced it without any issues following the instructions on this thread. However the low battery has started to display again on the keypad....it disappeared after initially changing the battery and reappeared 10-15mins later and is still there.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and if it's a big job to get resolved?

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sirlion wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of help here.....

I moved into my house couple of months ago, the low battery was displaying on the keypad since then. I assumed it was a battery for the keypad that was running low and left it be.
    I eventually looked into replacing the battery and found this thread. My alarm is an aritech cs350.
    So I bought a new battery and replaced it without any issues following the instructions on this thread. However the low battery has started to display again on the keypad....it disappeared after initially changing the battery and reappeared 10-15mins later and is still there.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and if it's a big job to get resolved?

Thks

Could be an issue with the battery, could be an issue with the board not charging the battery either. Have you a meter to check what voltage is on the Leads coming from the board?

altor wrote: »
    Could be an issue with the battery, could be an issue with the board not charging the battery either. Have you a meter to check what voltage is on the Leads coming from the board?

Should be able to get a lend of a meter over the weekend so will check the voltage. Thks

• Advertisement

Should be able to get a lend of a meter over the weekend so will check the voltage. Thks

Let us know how you get on.

altor wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on.

Just managed to get a meter today....the reading was coming back at 0.3volts....I assume this is way too low and the battery can't be charged??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked the battery fuse?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you checked the battery fuse?

No how would I go about doing that....where is it located? Not very familiar with this kind of stuff.
    Thks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On the CS350 the battery fuse is F1 .Its second from the top.There is a diagram on the inside of the lid if you are unsure. Set your meter to continuity, remove the fuse from the board & place the meter leads at each end of the fuse. You should hear a beep and/or the meter will read 0 ohms

On the CS350 the battery fuse is F1 .Its second from the top.There is a diagram on the inside of the lid if you are unsure. Set your meter to continuity, remove the fuse from the board & place the meter leads at each end of the fuse. You should hear a beep and/or the meter will read 0 ohms

Hi Koolkid, I did this but got no beep from F1....I tested the other fuses and it beeped for them. When I turned the mains back on its now showing fuse on the display panel....is it a simple case of just changing out this fuse now?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, Making sure to change for one of equal rating.

Yes, Making sure to change for one of equal rating.

Thks I'll take it out and bring it with me to make sure I get the right one.

Also bear in mind the panel can take a few minutes to clear the fault after the battery is replaced.

• Advertisement

Just managed to get a meter today....the reading was coming back at 0.3volts....I assume this is way too low and the battery can't be charged??

Strange how the low battery disappeared when you replaced the battery if the fuse is blown. Might be an issue with the battery if it happens again after replacing the fuse.

Advertisement