Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HUIBIN

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome, any other problems let us know :)
    Jason, with your advise I opened the control panel successfully, now I have removed the battery and cut off the main power. When the new battery arrives (I haven't buy one yet), I can plug it in the original place in the control panel and apply the main power again and hopefully everything works again?

Ps, the old battery is 12 Volt 3.3A, so I can buy a 12 Volt 7.0A as its replacement right? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭altor

HUIBIN wrote: »
    Jason, with your advise I opened the control panel successfully, now I have removed the battery and cut off the main power. When the new battery arrives (I haven't buy one yet), I can plug it in the original place in the control panel and apply the main power again and hopefully everything works again?

Ps, the old battery is 12 Volt 3.3A, so I can buy a 12 Volt 7.0A as its replacement right? Many thanks.

If you close the control panel and turn back on the mains to the alarm you will be able to use the system till you replace the battery. Just note that if the mains goes off then the alarm will do the same without a back up battery.

Yes, a lot of systems I come across has this battery installed inside it.
    I would replace with the 7 Amp as it will last longer in the event of a power cut.

If you close the control panel and turn back on the mains to the alarm you will be able to use the system till you replace the battery. Just note that if the mains goes off then the alarm will do the same without a back up battery.

I would replace with the 7 Amp as it will last longer in the event of a power cut.

So Jason, you mean even if I don't buy the battery I still can use the alarm? Will it do any harm to the alarm system? As low battery will bring the potential problem to alarm system but will the absence of back up battery also bring harm to the system? If not, I would rather use it now and buy one a few months later. Will that be fine? (without considering the security problem, as I know if without the backup battery if the main supply is cut off the alarm could not sound) Many thanks.

Jason, I mean if the absence of battery will not cause harm to the alarm system I would rather use it without a battery installed in it at this stage. I will buy one a few months later.

So Jason, you mean even if I don't buy the battery I still can use the alarm? Will it do any harm to the alarm system? As low battery will bring the potential problem to alarm system but will the absence of back up battery also bring harm to the system? If not, I would rather use it now and buy one a few months later. Will that be fine? (without considering the security problem, as I know if without the backup battery if the main supply is cut off the alarm could not sound) Many thanks.

The system can still be used without the backup battery installed.
    The main harm caused is when you have the low battery still fitted in the alarm system as it is trying to get a charge from the system. It can cause issues if left there. I would replace as soon as possible rather than leave the system without it backup supply.

• Advertisement

Jason, I mean if the absence of battery will not cause harm to the alarm system I would rather use it without a battery installed in it at this stage. I will buy one a few months later.

It can't cause any harm if not fitted.
    I would replace as soon as possible tho..

So Jason you mean there won't be any harm to the system if the low battery is removed and I can rest assure that I can use it with main supply only.

You suggest to have a back up battery installed as soon as possible is purely based on the security purpose, if theft came in without battery the alarm system won't work in case of power cut. Am I right?

Sorry English isn't my native language, I have to double confirm that with you.

Many thanks.

So Jason you mean there won't be any harm to the system if the low battery is removed and I can rest assure that I can use it with main supply only.

You suggest to have a back up battery installed as soon as possible is purely based on the security purpose, if theft came in without battery the alarm system won't work in case of power cut. Am I right?

Sorry English isn't my native language, I have to double confirm that with you.

Many thanks.

Yes, that is correct.

The main objective of the backup battery is to supply the system for 12 hours plus in the event of a power outage.

Yes, that is correct.

The main objective of the backup battery is to supply the system for 12 hours plus in the event of a power outage.

Thanks Jason, I will buy one as soon as I can, before that I will use it with main supply only for this moment. Many thanks. You really helped me a lot.

Thanks Jason, I will buy one as soon as I can, before that I will use it with main supply only for this moment. Many thanks. You really helped me a lot.

Your welcome, always happy to help :)

• Advertisement

Your welcome, always happy to help :)

Jason, I find the old battery is only 135mm*60mm*65mm in size, based on the model of alarm as you know, will a new battery with size 150mm*98mm**65mm (as 7.0A 12Volt batter is normally larger in size) be fitted in without lack of space?

Thanks

Jason, my model is 350N if I am not wrong, as you told me. Thanks.

Jason, my model is 350N if I am not wrong, as you told me. Thanks.

Fits perfect into this system.

Fits perfect into this system.

That is cool, happy enough, thanks Jason

That is cool, happy enough, thanks Jason

No problem :)

No problem :)

Jason, I checked on local supper, the 12v 3.2A Yuasa NP3.2-12 (12V 3.2AH) costs 20.3 euro,
    12v 7.0A Yuasa NP3.2-12 (12V 7AH) costs 29.80 euro.

I know the 7.0A battery can provide 10 hours battery supply in case of power cut while 3.2A battery is like only less than 5 hours may be, but are the battery life is the same? I mean the time the battery can recharge correctly before show 'low battery' error message on panel.

If the life time is same like they can both serve like 6-7 years, I would like to save 10 Euro on this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah, strange thing. I posted here not too long ago about the "Low Battery" warning. Well, i never actually got around to getting one (needed to order off the internet because there was no way i was paying €45 in a shop for one!).

Anyway, noticed today that the warning is gone and everything seems to be gone back to normal. Is this the case???

Ah, strange thing. I posted here not too long ago about the "Low Battery" warning. Well, i never actually got around to getting one (needed to order off the internet because there was no way i was paying €45 in a shop for one!).

Anyway, noticed today that the warning is gone and everything seems to be gone back to normal. Is this the case???

That is a bit weird, as I tried cut off the main supply and reconnected it again, the low battery message disappeared everything seems to be gone back to normal, but several minutes later, low battery message appear again.

Jason, I checked on local supper, the 12v 3.2A Yuasa NP3.2-12 (12V 3.2AH) costs 20.3 euro,
    12v 7.0A Yuasa NP3.2-12 (12V 7AH) costs 29.80 euro.

I know the 7.0A battery can provide 10 hours battery supply in case of power cut while 3.2A battery is like only less than 5 hours may be, but are the battery life is the same? I mean the time the battery can recharge correctly before show 'low battery' error message on panel.

If the life time is same like they can both serve like 6-7 years, I would like to save 10 Euro on this. Thanks.

Hi HUIBIN,

The 7 Amp battery will last longer in the event of a power cut, they should have the same life expectancy. A lot of different scenarios can make them last less time too.

My advice would be the larger Amp battery as this will hold up your system longer in the event of a power cut.

Hi HUIBIN,

The 7 Amp battery will last longer in the event of a power cut, they should have the same life expectancy. A lot of different scenarios can make them last less time too.

My advice would be the larger Amp battery as this will hold up your system longer in the event of a power cut.

Thanks Jason, I have brought a 3.3A one as it is cheaper, I haven't a job now, after I find a job I will go with 7A next time. Many thanks. I find the 7A is a perfect fit in size, just an extra 10 Euro stops me this time.

• Advertisement

If you had a power cut then the battery may of just needed to be charged.
    Have you tried turning off your mains going to the panel to see if it still works on the battery?

Go to bed now, I am happy to know they have same life span, hope to last for at least 5 years. Good night Jason and Colm!

Thanks Jason, I have brought a 3.3A one as it is cheaper, I haven't a job now, after I find a job I will go with 7A next time. Many thanks. I find the 7A is a perfect fit in size, just an extra 10 Euro stops me this time.

Your welcome :)

Hi Jason and Colm,

I have put the new battery into the control panel, everything turn back to normal again. Happy happy!

But the system time is now still 7th July the time when I removed the old battery and cut the power.

How to update the system time?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
    Huibin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Do you have engineer access to your system?

kub wrote: »
    Do you have engineer access to your system?

Hi Kub, no I don't have one.

When you enter your code are you given options or does the system just arm?

When you enter your code are you given options or does the system just arm?

kub, you mean enter the code at normal status to see if it will give me more options?

kub, you mean enter the code at normal status to see if it will give me more options?

No just normally when you set it, do you have to press the correct button after you input your code?

• Advertisement

No just normally when you set it, do you have to press the correct button after you input your code?

I press 0 downarrow 4 to set alarm and put 4 digits to disalarm the system, it never need me to press correct button, does that mean I don't have any other right at all?

Advertisement