Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Aritech themselves are the only places I have ever sourced them from. Some older panels are socket mounted. Others are soldered. Or else get someone out to flash it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Apologies for the bump, but i've read the whole thread and it possibly answer my question, but i just want to be sure. I have and Aritech CS450, low battery. I know the battery i need to get, but what i want to know is do i need to cut the power to it before replacing it? Or can i just replace the battery straight up.

I'm far from an electrical genius. I can wire plugs and lights, that's about the extent of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Apologies for the bump, but i've read the whole thread and it possibly answer my question, but i just want to be sure. I have and Aritech CS450, low battery. I know the battery i need to get, but what i want to know is do i need to cut the power to it before replacing it? Or can i just replace the battery straight up.

I'm far from an electrical genius. I can wire plugs and lights, that's about the extent of it.

It is purely from a safety point of view that we advise people to turn off the electricity, there is more than likely a sticker on the panel cover which also says that and has a warning symbol on it.
    To speak for all installers here, if I may, then obviously we do not want people putting themselves in the way of danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cool, cheers for the reply. So, if i cut the power, without resetting that fuse, then it should keep the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Cool, cheers for the reply. So, if i cut the power, without resetting that fuse, then it should keep the settings?

It should yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 HUIBIN

Sorry for bumping this, my airtech alarm is also showing low battery on the display board. I have read through this post, but I didn't find any screws on the control panel. It is a white box, but there is neither screw on its right side nor on its left side or bottom, how to open it? I am worried that it will get broken if I open it just using my nails to grab the top lid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

HUIBIN wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this, my airtech alarm is also showing low battery on the display board. I have read through this post, but I didn't find any screws on the control panel. It is a white box, but there is neither screw on its right side nor on its left side or bottom, how to open it? I am worried that it will get broken if I open it just using my nails to grab the top lid off.

Sounds like the 350N in polycarbonate housing, light grey colour.
    If so it is prized open from the top.

altor wrote: »
    Sounds like the 350N in polycarbonate housing, light grey colour.
    If so it is prized open from the top.
    thanks so much Altor, I will try tomorrow and I will take a picture of that box if I still cannot open it.
    Thanks a lot!

thanks so much Altor, I will try tomorrow and I will take a picture of that box if I still cannot open it.
    Thanks a lot!

Your welcome HUIBIN, any problems let us know :)

Hi Altor, I take the picture of the airtech box, I upload them on internet, but as new user I cannot send url of images, I will try PM you, could you please take a look?

I don't know how to open it, I also contacted the previous owner, he said:
    "Regarding the alarm, it operates on mains power so i don't think the battery is important for the intruder alarm system to work. We have the same situation in our new home and it is not something we will look at straight away. You could get the battery replaced."

Others told me that the low battery will be a potential problem, if that is the case, I would like to try opening the box to see if I have any luck to change the battery by myself.

Many thanks.
    Huibin

• Advertisement

The low Battery can pull down the system and even pull it down enough to stop the keypad working thus meaning you cant switch it off.
    I would replace the battery as soon as you can to prevent any issues.

The low Battery can pull down the system and even pull it down enough to stop the keypad working thus meaning you cant switch it off.
    I would replace the battery as soon as you can to prevent any issues.

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. Did you see the picture of my alarm box, I sent them in PM. There might be some Chinese character in the webpage, please ignore them, just take a look at the pictures. Many thanks. I don't know how to open it?

From the pictures you sent me it is a CS350N.
    Make sure you turn off the mains before opening the control panel.
    It is installed on its side so please be careful when opening the system to get at the battery. It may fall out. The lid should come away from the side that has the sounder installed beside it.

From the pictures you sent me it is a CS350N.
    Make sure you turn off the mains before opening the control panel.
    It is installed on its side so please be careful when opening the system to get at the battery. It may fall out. The lid should come away from the side that has the sounder installed beside it.

Jason so you mean try opening it from its left side like open a door? Many thanks.

Is there any tools needed or just use my finger to force it open from left side?

Jason so you mean try opening it from its left side like open a door? Many thanks.

That is correct HUIBIN. When you get it out by the catches on the side you're opening it will just about give way so be careful with regard the battery as it may be loose inside the control panel.

Is there any tools needed or just use my finger to force it open from left side?

Fingers should be fine as I can't see a screw fitted to keep the lid close.
    Any problems use a flat head screw driver in the gap near the screw location to prize it open.

Any problems use a flat head screw driver in the gap near the screw location to prize it open.

Thanks Jason for your advice, may I know what battery I need to buy? I want to buy the battery and then replace it at the same time I open the box.

Jason will the alarm begin to sound loudly when I open the lid with its main power cut off? (As the back up battery is low battery I hope the alarm won't make too much noise while I try opening the lid)

Thanks Jason for your advice, may I know what battery I need to buy? I want to buy the battery and then replace it at the same time I open the box.

A 12V 7 Amp battery is what I would use as a replacement.
    Some use a smaller Amp rating but this one will keep your system going longer in the event of a power cut.

• Advertisement

Jason will the alarm begin to sound loudly when I open the lid with its main power cut off? (As the back up battery is low battery I hope the alarm won't make too much noise while I try opening the lid)

If the battery is dead then the system should go off and external bell should ring. If there is a bit of power in the battery it may activate the internal too.

Thanks Jason. Is there a particular size demand on the battery or any 12V 7 Amp battery will do the job? Or the 12V 7 Amp battery are all in the same three dimensions?

A 12V 7 Amp battery is what I would use as a replacement.
    Some use a smaller Amp rating but this one will keep your system going longer in the event of a power cut.
    After I put on the new battery it will automatically get recharged? I am just afraid if the battery volume went low again and it doesn't get charged automatically. Sorry for asking sooo many questions Jason, I am really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Thanks Jason. Is there a particular size demand on the battery or any 12V 7 Amp battery will do the job? Or the 12V 7 Amp battery are all in the same three dimensions?

They should be the same size as this one.

After I put on the new battery it will automatically get recharged? I am just afraid if the battery volume went low again and it doesn't get charged automatically. Sorry for asking sooo many questions Jason, I am really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Always happy to help :)
    The battery is a rechargeable battery. It will charge off the system once installed.
    You should get 5-6 years out of it.

They should be the same size as this one.

Thanks Jason, I find someone is selling this on Amazon, Price: £14.60. Hope them do deliver to Ireland. As the seller is based in UK. So this battery will get recharged in the control panel automatically when the battery goes down?

Thanks Jason, I find someone is selling this on Amazon, Price: £14.60. Hope them do deliver to Ireland. As the seller is based in UK. So this battery will get recharged in the control panel automatically when the battery goes down?

Have a look here on the suppliers list for a local supplier.
    The battery is charged off the system, its a trickle charge so should always be at full capacity if the mains goes off. After 5-6 years the battery reaches the end of its life. The system itself checks the voltage of the battery and will display the low battery warning if the battery needs to be replaced or has dropped below the recommended voltage after a power outage.
    In most cases when there has being a power cut the battery will display the low battery warning if it has used up most of its charge but after the mains comes back on recharges the battery.

Have a look here on the suppliers list for a local supplier.
    The battery is charged off the system, its a trickle charge so should always be at full capacity if the mains goes off. After 5-6 years the battery reaches the end of its life. The system itself checks the voltage of the battery and will display the low battery warning if the battery needs to be replaced or has dropped below the recommended voltage after a power outage.
    In most cases when there has being a power cut the battery will display the low battery warning if it has used up most of its charge but after the mains comes back on recharges the battery.

Jason, now I understand, many thanks. Really appreciate all the explanation. I will try find one from local supplier from the list you gave me.

Jason I find you are one of the supplier, please send me a price including the postage if possible, many thanks.

• Advertisement

Jason, now I understand, many thanks. Really appreciate all the explanation. I will try find one from local supplier from the list you gave me.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know :)

Advertisement