Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quazzy wrote:
    quazzy will not be held responsible for any or all loss of monies due to my "Predictions"...

However, if a win is had I will be expecting 10%, a pint or just some good karma sent my way.

Best of luck county.

Q
    cross those fingers my friend;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

Four teams for me tonight:

L Sofia v Werder Bremen: As has been said before, Bremen should walk this. Sofia missing players an added bonus although Bremen has one or two missing themselves (Borowski). 2/5

Liverpool v Bordeaux: Liverpool have a habit of ruining an accumulator but they did the business at the weekend and their home form is very good. Bordeaux looked average at best against Pool in the last match. 2/5

S Donetsk v Valencia: Donetsk have looked a poor team compared to the one which has done well in recent years in the champions league. Valencia are flying at the min (3 played, 3 wins) and have Villa and Morientes to get the goals. Evens

Roma v Olympiakos: Roma are strong at home and having beaten the same team away from home a couple of weeks ago they should do the same tonight. Greek teams are notoriously bad travellers in europe. 2/5

I'm going for an accumulator on the above teams, pays roughly 9/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

The only attractive bet for me tonight is Werder Bremen(-1.5) to beat Levski at 5/4 on Betfair, with Chelsea and Barce locking horns it's a must win game for Werder.

I also wouldn't to keen to back Valencia or Inter on their trips to Russia and Ukraine, they are very tought places to go to and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

After a disastrous weekend, which has me on my longest losing streak to date :mad: , heres what i like this week...

Lucky63
    Real Madrid
    Ajax
    Roma
    Derry
    PSV
    Lens
    30pts

Lucky63
    Lyon
    Shamrock Rovers
    Bremen
    Man Utd
    Nancy
    Dinamo Zagreb
    30pts

Lucky63
    AC Milan
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Bayern
    Palermo
    Porto or Draw
    30pts

5pts Lens, Palermo, Porto(0, +0.5) @ 6.57

5pts Real(-1.5), Lyon(-1.5), AC(-1.5), Ajax(-1.5) @ 6.56

Best of luck to all of ye.

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote:
    quazzy will not be held responsible for any or all loss of monies due to my "Predictions"...

However, if a win is had I will be expecting 10%, a pint or just some good karma sent my way.

Best of luck county.

Q
    well,fell at the first hurdle,now time to pull a few doubles and trebles out of the hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

county wrote:
    well,fell at the first hurdle,now time to pull a few doubles and trebles out of the hat

Yep, lets hope the rest of the night isn't a complete waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pighead wrote:

Tuesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Derry, Liverpool, Shamrock Rovers, Werder Bremen(-1)@ 5.16/1

20 Points: Derry, Werder Bremen(2/5), Shamrock Rovers(HT-FT)@7/5, Preston(4/5)@ 8.27/1

5 Points LONGSHOT: Inter HT-FT @15/8, Donetsk V Valencia Draw@ 11/5, Hammarby @4/9, Chelsea(+1)@4/6 @21.15/1

Good Luck To All.

Good Luck To all.

Absolutly brilliant stuff pighead. Another amazing night of tips. Your certainly on fire at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote:
    Tuesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Derry:) , Liverpool:) , Shamrock Rovers:) , Werder Bremen(-1):) @ 5.16/1

20 Points: Derry:) , Werder Bremen(2/5):) , Shamrock Rovers(HT-FT)@7/5:) , Preston(4/5):) @ 8.27/1

5 Points LONGSHOT: Inter HT-FT @15/8:) , Donetsk V Valencia Draw@ 11/5:) , Hammarby @4/9:) , Chelsea(+1)@4/6:)@21.15/1

Cheers Chucky and well done to you sir on your Burnley tip. Easy winners over Luton.

One of those rare glorious nights tonight, when all the luck goes your way. Late goals from Hammarby Chelsea and Valencia ensured all bets came in. Pigheads weekend anger has most definitely subsided now. Smiles all around.:)

Amount Staked: 55 Points
    Amount Returned: 480.95 Points
    Profit: 430.95 Points

quazzy wrote:
    Yep, lets hope the rest of the night isn't a complete waste.
    yes it was`nt,i had a chelsea 2-2 draw at 14 -1 with a ton on it,made back some money,happy days

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote:
    My Predictions:

Barcelona v Chelsea D :)
    Bayern Munich v Sporting H :(
    Levski Sofia v Werder Bremen A :)
    Liverpool v Bordeaux H :)
    PSV v Galatasaray H :)
    Roma v Olympiacos H :(
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Valencia A :(
    Spartak Moscow v Inter Milan D :(

Not a brilliant day but I was saved by a double on Liverpool and PSV.

Managed to make a very small profit for the night.

Well done county on the Chelsea / Barca result. Dunno if you watched the match but they left it very late...

Congrats to the rest, Pighead et al

Today I'll be steering clear of big accs so just a few predictions here; all fairly obvious.

AC Milan v Anderlecht H
    Arsenal v CSKA Moscow H
    Lyon v Dynamo Kiev H
    Real Madrid v Steaua Bucuresti H

FC Copenhagen v Man Utd A

Even though they have a good few injuries Rooney is starting to score so I think it'll be fairly comfortable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Pighead wrote:
    Amount Staked: 55 Points
    Amount Returned: 480.95 Points
    Profit: 430.95 Points

In the immortal words of Andy Gray
    "Take a bow son, you've earned it"

Looking forward to your selections tonight Pighead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

done a acc yesterday evening,
    liverpool 2/5 won
    arsenal 1/3 ?
    manutd 1/2 ?
    ac milan 1/7 ?
    psv eindhoven 1/2 won
    chelsea draw 21/10 won

works out at about 14/1,i slipped 20 on it.just got top wait for part 2 tonite and pray things go my way.
    i think arsenal and ac milan should win.but man u could be dodgey away in denmark as one or two injurys have popped up,but in all fairness the still got a lot of class to over come copenhagen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

hawker27 wrote:
    arsenal 1/3 ?
    manutd 1/2 ?
    ac milan 1/7 ?

Money in the bag I'd say. Wouldn't be too worried.

I'm going on this treble:
    Arsenal(-1) 2/3
    Derby 8/11
    Southampton Evens

30 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Chucky and Pighead for co moddage of the gambling forum!!

Cheers Erin. Different story tonight too. Pretty shabby coupon to be honest. But sure seeing as Pigheads addicted I'll have a go anyway!

Lyon V Dynamo Kiev: Lyon to be leading after 60mins@3/10. Lyon outclassed the Ukrainians 2 weeks ago(3-0) and they should win again tonight. Odds are ridiculous though(1-6) so I'm gonna have them to be leading after an hour. Good news for all Lyon followers is that Rincon, Correa and Sablic are missing for Kiev. The first 2 mentioned are big losses for Dynamo.

Real Madrid V Steau Bucharest: HT-FT @1-2 Madrid cruised past Steau in the away leg and they are finally beginning to look like a decent team. They followed up that victory with a 2-0 win against Barca and a 3-1 away win against Gimnastic. Again odds on the victory are restrictive so I'll go for HT-FT@1-2.

Benfica V Celtic: (Benfica Draw No Bet@1-3: Hard game to call this one with Celtic running out convincing winners at home 2 weeks ago. However its hard to ignore the statistic of Celtc having never won an away Champions league match. But for their magnificent home record they would have been bottom of the table every time over the past few years. A big plus for Benfica is thereturn of Miccolli tonight. Him Simao and Gomez are a potent attacking force and I'll be very surprised if they don't get at least a draw tonight.

Copenhagen V Man Utd: @4/9. Was gonna leave this alone as I thought it had draw written all over it, especially with giggs and saha out. But reading up on team news it seems Copenhagen have their own injury worries and their manager has said today "We're missing players who can spearhead the team up the pitch,". Hopefully this isn't some sneaky dirty rotten mindgame hes playing. Anyway by no means a certainty but I'm gonna go for Utd.

Cobresal V O Higgins: @7/5: Chilean football game here. Pighead will be honest and admit he knows as much about Chilean football as Jose Mourinho knows about humility. Purely going on stats here and its a risky one. But c'mon a Chilean team called O'Higgins? Thats gotta be a sign. Stats show that its 2nd playing bottom here. Cobresal have lost 6 of their last 7 games including 3 at home. O Higgins have lost just once in 10 matches(although that includes 4 draws). At 7/5 its just too tempting. This is dodgy though so anybody thinking of having a flutter on them proceed with caution.

Wednesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Lyon After 60, Real Madrid HT-FT, Benfica (DNB), Man Utd, O'Higgins.

Good Luck To All.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Pighead wrote:
    Purely going on stats here and its a risky one. But c'mon a Chilean team called O'Higgins? Thats gotta be a sign.[/B]
    QUOTE]
    Well, gotta enlighten you on the great Bernardo O'Higgins, excellent bets again last night Pighead, do you ever lose?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_O'Higgins

Good luck all tonight, my main bet has to be a lay of Utd at 1.5, to be traded as soon as the chickensiht Glenbhoy decides he can't take it anymore. No early utd goals then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Benfica vs Celtic

Despite having not scored so far in the Champions league and only having one point i am confident Benfica will beat Celtic. Lately in the Portugese league they have scored 14 goals in the last 4 matches.

Benfica 4 - 1 Desp. Aves
    U. Leiria 0 - 4 Benfica
    Benfica 3 - 1 E. Amadora
    FC Porto 3 - 2 Benfica

Celtic havent won away from home in Europe in the last 10 matches and havent managed to keep a clean sheet in 4 Champions league campaigns. They are without striker Vangoor of Hesselink and midfielder Thomas Graveson. Benfica have to win this if they are to have any chance of qualifying. They did well against united and only lost 1-0 by a deflected goal from Louis Saha.

With Benfica having found there scoring boats and Celtics shocking away record i think Benfica are good value.

Benfica @ 2.02

Theres good potential in laying Ac i feel. And then hoping they dont score early and making some profit.

AC have not been good at all lately. In Seire A they have only won one match in the last 6. Barring the goal fest of the Milan derby on Saturday they have only 2 scored goals in the other 5 matches. They needed Kaka to rescue them with a late winner away at Anderlecht.

In Europe Milan put 3 past AEK in the first match at the San Siro, then drw 1-1 away at Lille. The only thing worrying me is the lose to Inter might lead to a backlash, but i dont think Anderlecth will let this happen. They still have a decent chance of qualifying and a draw here would be excellent for them. This match also has good trading possiblty. If Milan dont score early alot of people might start to get worried. Anderlecht at +2 is also a decent bet @ 1.68

Lyon and Madrid as Pighead has stated are definitly worth throwing into a accum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Pighead you should be working in the studio on gillette soccer saturday!!!:D

im going to try these:

Benfica V Celtic DRAW
    Copenhagen V Man United DRAW :eek:

• Advertisement

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Pighead wrote:
    Purely going on stats here and its a risky one. But c'mon a Chilean team called O'Higgins? Thats gotta be a sign.[/B]
    QUOTE]
    Well, gotta enlighten you on the great Bernardo O'Higgins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_O'Higgins
    Wow cracking info Glenbhoy. Suddenly Pighead feels an affinity with the great man.

Apparently "There is also a plaque in his honor in Merrion Square in Dublin and in the Garavogue River Walkway in Sligo, Ireland"

I hereby pledge that if O'Higgins win tonight I'll head down to Merrion St in the Morning and kiss the great mans plaque. (Won't be heading to Sligo though, don't care if they win 10-0, nothing could persuade me to travel to that kip!)

Anyway forgot to do my longshot earlier so here it is.

5 Points LONGSHOT: Wolves@23/10, Brighton HT-FT@2/1, Hamburg(Draw No Bet)@8/11, Lyon@1/6 =19/1

Brighton play MK Dons who are a league below them. They've just signed a decent Ipswich striker(Former U21 International)and seem to be putting out a decent team for this cup match.

Wolves are just out of the playoff places and a win tonight will change that.Southampton have lost 5 of their last 6 and it looks like their top striker Rasiak will be missing tonight.

Hamburg were well beaten by Porto last matchday but they've been improving steadily lately. Injuries have finally cleared and hopefullly they can get a result tonight. Porto miss their wonderboy Anderson through injury.

Lyon are 1/6 and play an injury stricken Dynamo Kiev. Nuff said

Pighead wrote:
    Wednesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Lyon After 60:) , Real Madrid HT-FT:( , Benfica (DNB):) , Man Utd:( , O'Higgins:) .
    No good. Bet was fatally injured by half time when Real refused to score in the 1st half. The carcass was then ripped apart and spat out by Utd and O Higgins failure to register a win. Nothing left but the horrible stench of failure.
    Oh and -35 points.

Amount Staked:35 Points
    Amount Won:0 Points

Pighead wrote:
    Wednesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Lyon After 60:) , Real Madrid HT-FT:( , Benfica (DNB):) , Man Utd:( , O'Higgins:) .
    No good. Bet was fatally injured by half time when Real refused to score in the 1st half. The carcass was then ripped apart and spat out by Utd and O Higgins failure to register a win. Nothing left but the horrible stench of failure.
    Oh and -35 points.

Wolves and Hamburg let down the longshot.

Amount Staked:35 Points
    Amount Won:0 Points
    Profit: -35 Points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

The Cowboy wrote:
    After a disastrous weekend, which has me on my longest losing streak to date :mad: , heres what i like this week...

Lucky63
    Real Madrid
    Ajax
    Roma :mad:
    Derry :)
    PSV :)
    Lens :)
    30pts Returns 45pts

Lucky63
    Lyon
    Shamrock Rovers
    Bremen :)