Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Thanks for Cardiff and Porto, Pighead - though I was cursing you for pointing out Cardiff until late on;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

WEDNESDAY Im gonna go with Chelsea to beat Barca tonight,Werder bremen to beat levski sofia and Valencia to beat Shaktar Donetsck, i know the chelsea match is a tough 1, but there is revenge at stake and i feel chelsea at home are worth the win, for £50.91 ya get back £200.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Werder Bremen V Levski Sofia: -1 @4/7: Werder Bremen are top of the Bundesliga and since being beaten by Chelsea they've been playing some great stuff. In their last 3 games they've won 6-0 3-0 and drawn 1-1 with Barcelona. In Klose they have a genuine world class striker.

Along with FC Copenhagen Levski Sofia are among the worst teams in the competition. They got hammered 5-0 by Barcelona and were beaten 3-1 at home by Chelsea. Can't see improving their poor start tonight.

Olympiakos V Roma: 5/6 Draw No Bet: Going to chance Roma at 5/6 Draw No BEt(Which means if the game ends in a draw the overall bet doesn't lose as the game is voided). Olympiakos used to have a reputation of being very hard to beat at home but thats changed recently. Last year they were beaten at home comprehensively by Rosenberg(3-1) and Lyon(4-1) and they went on to finish bottom of the group. They've already been beaten at home 4-2 by Valencia this season.

Roma lie second in Serie A and have won 5 of their last 8 matches. They have already lost against Valencia in the group so they should be going for the win tonight to make things easier for them. They did however lose to lowly Regiana on Sunday so it should be a tight game tonight. Hopefully they can do it.

Inter Milan V Spartak Moscow: Inter to be leading after an hour @4/9: Inter are in trouble in this group and simply must win tonight. Its strange that they have played so poorly in the Champs League as they are playing ok domestically and lie top of Serie A. Spartak aren't in great form and have won just 2 of their last 8 matches. Bayern Munich hammered them 4-0 and they drew 1-1 with Sporting at home. Inter have been a bit of a jinx team for me this season, hopefully that'll end tonight.

Valencia V Shaktar Donetsk@ 2/7 : Being a sissy here and just going for the straight Valencia win at the rather crappy odds of 2/7. They're 2nd in the league behind Barcelona. They have won 7 out of their last 9 games and should prevail tonight without much trouble. (Famous last words!)

Wednesdays Accumulator:
    20 Points : Valencia, Inter to be ahead after 60 mins, Werder Bremen(-1), Roma(DNB) @4.35/1
    (If Roma draw it works out as a measly 2/1, still tho i'll take that)

10 Points: Valencia HT-FT(4/6), Werder Bremen (-2)(6/4), Inter HT-FT(8/11), Roma(+1)(4/9) @9.4/1

As Erin said tonight is much trickier and 30 points stake is more than enough for me.
    Good Luck to all.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Thanks for Cardiff and Porto, Pighead - though I was cursing you for pointing out Cardiff until late on;)
    Ha Ha. Was cursing myself too Glenbhoy! Still though you gotta admit those late winners make a coupon success even sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Tonight I'm going on a single on the Chelsea v Barca match.

In the past these CL encounters have been end-to-end stuff with lots of attacking play so I'm doing

13 or More corners @ 3.6/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

man united ht/ft - @ 1.58 - Won
    Cardiff vs southampton - over 2.5 @ 1.94 - lost
    Stoke vs Sunderland - Stoke @ 2.35 - Lost
    ipswich vs Preston - Preston @ 2.96 - Won
    Lillie vs Anderlecht - under 1.5 @ 3.00 - Lost
    Celtic vs Benfica - over 2.5 @ 2.68 - Won

all singles.

Profitable, but not hugely.

On a great run Pighead, keep it up lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Heres a few more for tonight.

Chelsea vs Barcalona
    Lost few matches fo both teams:
    Reading vs Chelsea - 13 corners
    Chelsea vs Aston Villa - 12 corners
    Levski Sofia vs Chelsea - 11 corners
    Fulham vs Chelsea - 12 corners
    Chelsea vs Liverpool - 4 corners

Werder Bremen vs Barca - 10 corners
    Barca vs Levski Sofia - 5 corners

Over 10 corners @ 2.20

Fernando Morientes to score anytime @ 2.25

Liverpool vs Bordauex - under 2.5 @ 1.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

just in from bookies and i have stuck the winnings from my acc lastnite on chelsea v barca to draw got odds of 21/10 have 60 euros on it.

Pighead wrote:

Wednesdays Accumulator:
    20 Points : Valencia, Inter to be ahead after 60 mins, Werder Bremen(-1), Roma(DNB) @4.35/1:)
    (If Roma draw it works out as a measly 2/1, still tho i'll take that)

10 Points: Valencia HT-FT(4/6), Werder Bremen (-2)(6/4), Inter HT-FT(8/11), Roma(+1)(4/9) @9.4/1:(

Oooh! Nearly a cracking night for Pighead, one more Werder goal and the 9/1 bet would have been a winner too. Ah well, main bet came off so that'll do.

30 Points Staked: 107 Points Returned. 77 Points Profit.

Well done Tubbertown Rose, nice profit on your bet tonight. Good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Pighead wrote:
    Oooh! Nearly a cracking night for Pighead, one more Werder goal and the 9/1 bet would have been a winner too. Ah well, main bet came off so that'll do.

30 Points Staked: 107 Points Returned. 77 Points Profit.

Well done Tubbertown Rose, nice profit on your bet tonight. Good lad.

Cheers man, hopefully many more to come!!!!:D

Heres a few more for tonight.

Chelsea vs Barcalona
    Lost few matches fo both teams:
    Reading vs Chelsea - 13 corners
    Chelsea vs Aston Villa - 12 corners
    Levski Sofia vs Chelsea - 11 corners
    Fulham vs Chelsea - 12 corners
    Chelsea vs Liverpool - 4 corners

Werder Bremen vs Barca - 10 corners
    Barca vs Levski Sofia - 5 corners

Over 10 corners @ 2.20

Fernando Morientes to score anytime @ 2.25

Liverpool vs Bordauex - under 2.5 @ 1.5

Crouch being a plank is the only bet the won for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

holy 5hit! Thats quite the gift you have!

Its only a gift when it works....

Mostly it's a curse but yes I did have a good Tuesday :)

Now... off to the other threads for the weekend football predictions

I'll be back here for the next Champions League affair.

Later,

Q

Nalbandian V Henman@ 4/7-- World No.5 against World No 41. Henman has improved of late but hes bet nobody of note really. Truth is he's had 1 good tournament all year(got to Japan Open Final) and he was very patchy in beating the awful Ferrer yesterday. Nalbandian has been solid all year and currently leads 4-1 in all previous meetings, Henamns only victory coming on his favourite grass court surface. Good price for Nalbandian here.

Helsingberg V Oster HT-FT@ 3/4: Swedish cup game.
    Helsingborg last 8 games: WWWDWWWD
    Osters last 8 games: DLLLWLDD
    As you can see Helsingborg are in great form and lie in joint 3rd in the league, Oster are a poor team and are rock bottom of the league. THe last 2 meetings between the teams have ended 3-0 and 4-0 to Helsingborg(The 3-0 was just 2 weeks ago). Should be 1 way traffic and going for the better priced HT-FT

Slovia Liberic V Sevilla: @Evens: As indicated by the price this is the riskiest of the three bets. Liberic are a solid if unspectacular team. Both teams are coming off the back of league defeats but in fairness to Seville it was barca that beat them, Liberic on the other hand lost to lowly Pribram. Sevilla have won 7 of their last 9 games and are in great form. Obviously the draw is a worry but at Evens Pigheads gonna go for the Spaniards superior quality here.

Thursday Mix and Match Treble:
    Nalbandian to bt Henman@4/7
    Helsingborg HT-FT@3/4
    Seville @1/1

20 Points@4.5/1--(All Prices Ladbrokes)
    Good Luck to All.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I had a €5 on 5 away wins in the CL this week, Lyon, Real, AC, Liverpool and Bayern, approx. 25-1 !

Delboy5 wrote:
    I had a €5 on 5 away wins in the CL this week, Lyon, Real, AC, Liverpool and Bayern, approx. 25-1 !
    Pighead had a hundred quid on somebody after timing during the course of this thread. Odds were really crappy though so didn't win much.

Just found some good news RE Helsingberg bet. Looks like Oster are resting the majority of their team!

Osters are bottom of Allsvenskan, but only two points from the, relative safety, of the relegation playoff place. With just 4 rounds to go they face two vital, yet winable, fixtures in the next six days, firstly a trip to fellow strugglers GAIS, at the weekend, followed by a home game with motiveless Malmo next midweek.
    These fixtures can be their only concern and to that end, they are resting most of the first team tonight, it looks likely that a maximum of 4 regulars will start.
    Helsingborgs have this as their major priority and will start with their strongest available eleven. Very strong at home, only Hacken have won at the Olympia Stadium in the league.

Excellent! Gonna have a single on Helsingborg HT-FT as well
    60 Points single Helsingborg HT-FT@3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead had a hundred quid on somebody after timing during the course of this thread. Odds were really crappy though so didn't win much.

"After timing", Explain ??

Rapid to peat PSG
    Besiktas to beat Spurs
    Livorno to beat Rangers
    Fener to beat Newcastle

Various bets with these 4 and pigheads Helsneberg tip.

Delboy5 wrote:
    "After timing", Explain ??
    Ah don't mind Pighead, he's a crabby old fcuker who has an irrational hatred of the art of After Timing.

Basically it means telling people after the event has occured how much money you won.
    Eg: YES! LEGEND. HAD 700 QUID ON SPURS TO WIN 2-0 @11/1. I'M THE FCUKING MAN. YE HA. WHOS YOUR DADDY.

Anyway as I said don't mind me.

In other news Henman lost(unluckily actually) and Helsingborg won 3-0 so its all down to Seville now. Just started. Tough game ahead.

• Advertisement

Spurs won, and rangers are 2-0 up. Bollox.

Pighead wrote:

Thursday Mix and Match Treble:
    Nalbandian to bt Henman@4/7:)
    Helsingborg HT-FT@3/4:)
    Seville @1/1
    :(

20 Points@4.5/1--(All Prices Ladbrokes)
    Good Luck to All.
    Bugger. That Seville game just ended 0-0. Damn draw was always the danger. Thought they might have sneaked a 1-0 though.Sorry if anybody followed the Seville bet.
    Pighead wrote:

Excellent! Gonna have a single on Helsingborg HT-FT as well
    60 Points single Helsingborg HT-FT@3/4
    As Glenbhoy said King Henrik saved the Helsingberg bet with a 39th minute goal. All Hail Henrik!

80 Points Staked.
    105 Points Returned
    25 Points Profit

Small profit on the night. Shame bout Sevile. Ah well onwards and upwards, time to go studying for the Weekend Coupon. This gambling larks a full time job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Well done on Helsingborgs Pighead, although it took Henrik to do the business for the HT/FT!!
    Anyways, I would not have been near that without you - all in all a profitable week.
    As to how to repay you - will cash do, as any tips are merely hunches! I don't put in the work I used to anymore, though I am normally pretty handy whent he GAA kicks off again.
    Am working out the possibilities for the club championships, I've landed some great ones in that over the years. Will let ye know if I figure any out.

My Predictions:

Barcelona v Chelsea D
    Bayern Munich v Sporting H
    Levski Sofia v Werder Bremen A
    Liverpool v Bordeaux H
    PSV v Galatasaray H
    Roma v Olympiacos H
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Valencia A
    Spartak Moscow v Inter Milan D

As usual I will be picking a various array of singles and doubles based on the above.

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quazzy wrote:
    My Predictions:

Barcelona v Chelsea D
    Bayern Munich v Sporting H
    Levski Sofia v Werder Bremen A
    Liverpool v Bordeaux H
    PSV v Galatasaray H
    Roma v Olympiacos H
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Valencia A
    Spartak Moscow v Inter Milan D

As usual I will be picking a various array of singles and doubles based on the above.

Good luck to all
    return of 114.89 for one placed if you acc all of the above,worth a fiver i`d say;)

county wrote:
    return of 114.89 for one placed if you acc all of the above,worth a fiver i`d say;)

The old me would do HUGE acc until the cows came home but alas I never won a sausage.

So, although I might throw a stray yoyo on the 8 matches I'll probably end up with a couple or Singles, Double, Trebles.

Ill post back if/when I decide.

Right then after a bad weekend betting wise its time to get angry and get even. Pighead doesn't like bookies laughing at him. This time its personal.

Kilkenny City V Shamrock Rovers @2/5: Well a fairly obvious one to start with really. Kilkenny have been terrible in the second half of the season. Their last 20 games depressingly read W0 D2 L18. Their manager was given the boot 2 weeks ago and with Rovers needing to win to keep pace with Dundalk and Galway this looks like an almost certain away win.For the more adventurous among you Rovers are available at Evens for HT-FT.

Levski Sofia V Werder Bremen(-1) @21/10: Werder are top of the bundesliga and are in absolutely sensational form. They've won their last 5 games 3-0 6-0 2-0 3-1(V BAYERN MUNICH) and 6-1! They beat Levski 2-0 2 weeks ago and in all truth it should have been 5 or 6. Check this news out, got it from another site: Levski has a lot of problems: The goalkeeper Georgi Petkov is out and the young not very stable goalkeker Mihaylov will be on guard. The striker Valeri Domovchijski is out. The match will also skip Georgi ivanov - Gonzo, Georgi Sarmov and Milan Koprivarov. Doubtful are Igor Tomashich and Miroslav Ivanov. Maybe so many missing key players is the reason for the falling odds.The (-1) risk is worth it for me.

Liverpool V Bordeaux @2/5: Liverpools home form is very good and itsbeen their away form that has seen them struggle this year. Their last 6 homes show 5 wins and a draw. Bordeaux are an average French side and Liverpoolhad no major problems beating them in the away fixture 2 weeks ago. Expect a repeat tonight.

Derry City V Sligo @8/15: Sligos goalie was the hero on Sunday making at least 3 crucial saves. Derry in truth were all over them and surely Sligo cannot survive another onslaught tonight. The Sligo pitch was a bit of a disgrace as well and Derry will feel much more comforatble on the Brandywell surface. They beat Sligo 4-0 here in the league 2 weeks ago and while I don't think they'll score 4 tonight I do think they'll win cosily.

Tuesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Derry, Liverpool, Shamrock Rovers, Werder Bremen(-1)@ 5.16/1

20 Points: Derry, Werder Bremen(2/5), Shamrock Rovers(HT-FT)@7/5, Preston(4/5)@ 8.27/1

5 Points LONGSHOT: Inter HT-FT @15/8, Donetsk V Valencia Draw@ 11/5, Hammarby @4/9, Chelsea(+1)@4/6 @21.15/1

Good Luck To All.

Good Luck To all.

Luton Town vs Burnley

Both teams coming off contrasting weekends. Luton got hammered 5-0 by Ipswich town. To make things worse, Sol Davis suffered a stroke on the team bus. Meanwhile Burlney had an excellent win over Preston North End. 2-1 down and managed to win it 3-2. They should be in excellent mood going into this match.

Luton centre back Markus Heikkinen is going to be give a late fitness test to see if he has recovered from the flu. Unfortunatly Burnley will probaly be without defender Wayne Thomas with a knee injury.

Burlney are 4th in the league, 3 points ahead of Luton. A win here would be excellent for their promotion chances. Burnley have no lost away from home yet this season(3W, 3D 0L), i dont think that will change tonight.

Luton have yet to lose at home this season though. They are a very good team, but with the injury to Sol, and just coming of a terrible result confidence will be low.

I will take cover the draw and pick Burnley at +0.5 @ 1.56. The draw no bet opition @ 2.13 is worth looking at aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quazzy wrote:
    The old me would do HUGE acc until the cows came home but alas I never won a sausage.

So, although I might throw a stray yoyo on the 8 matches I'll probably end up with a couple or Singles, Double, Trebles.

Ill post back if/when I decide.
    call me crazy but i just put 20 quid on your nice looking acc

• Advertisement

county wrote:
    call me crazy but i just put 20 quid on your nice looking acc

quazzy will not be held responsible for any or all loss of monies due to my "Predictions"...

However, if a win is had I will be expecting 10%, a pint or just some good karma sent my way.

Best of luck county.

Q

Advertisement