Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

dario28 wrote: »
    not until you learn some manners

What a load of rubbish. Nobody has been rude. Don't post in this thread again unless you're posting a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Khannie wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish. Nobody has been rude. Don't post in this thread again unless you're posting a link.

I dont see whats wrong with using the word please....

Khannie wrote: »
    Don't post in this thread again unless you're posting a link.

Not using the word please does not equate to rudeness. I'm absolutely serious, you post in this thread again without posting a link and I'm going to consider you a troll and give you a nice break accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I found a link http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/5_rated_supplements/5_whey_proteins/usn-5lb-whey-protein-usn_whey_protein_5lb_5lb_whey_protein_from_usn.htm?browse=1

When you buy 3 tubes the price is 28 pounds per unit + P&P

That was the best price I could find:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

I found a link http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/5_rated_supplements/5_whey_proteins/usn-5lb-whey-protein-usn_whey_protein_5lb_5lb_whey_protein_from_usn.htm?browse=1

When you buy 3 tubes the price is 28 pounds per unit + P&P

That was the best price I could find:o

Thats the one and its 10 quid delivery no matter how much ya get

plus ya get some crazy weights magazine with it with mega roid people but have really good workouts , delivery is really quick but I have had a lot of problems ordering online as their CC verification doesnt like irish cards , but ringing does the trick

I never said anything about rudeness - I said manners totally different thing

"give you a nice break accordingly" - nice tough talk !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Thats the one and its 10 quid delivery no matter how much ya get

plus ya get some crazy weights magazine with it with mega roid people but have really good workouts , delivery is really quick but I have had a lot of problems ordering online as their CC verification doesnt like irish cards , but ringing does the trick

You could have just gave us the link.

Well in Jarecki.

Anyways moving on...

Enough is enough. You've ignored my warning not to post again without the link, then you come up with this rubbish. Have a nice break accordingly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

"USN 5lb Whey protein is the highest BV (Biological Value) protein available in nature."

Do they release it into the wild or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ROLF

i just got an image of a tub with 4 legs and a tail bounding around a field!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I need help with my recovery it's gone to **** with the lay off...

Advise me....

Also half considering a pre-workout supp..

I miss N.O Explode.

No better man for a hangover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

apparantly N.O shotguns better, im getting some on sat i think so ill give a review in a while

Advise me....

I miss N.O Explode.

Go to myprotein.co.uk.
    Buy;
    2.5kg tub of whey - flavours up to you
    1kg of vitargo
    500g of glutamine

Shake = 2 sccops of protein, 3/4 scoop vitargo, 2 heaped teaspoons of glutamine.

Great sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

apparantly N.O shotguns better, im getting some on sat i think so ill give a review in a while

The V3 version of it is quite the good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Advise me....

I miss N.O Explode.

From the pre-workout supp.. point of view

This seems to be good price to me

http://bodysourceonline.co.uk/BSN_NO-Xplode_-_New_AVPT_Formula_820g?gclid=CJ_hzd3ox54CFaBb4wodnjZpsA

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4496

Never used BSN brand before however I heard that the quality of the product is excellent.

Don't know much about recovery products though:o

oh yea, has anyone tried Jacked? its all teh rage in america apparantly

Oh and i highly reccomend you stay clear of TMU nox accelerator, gave me the worst migraines of my life, had to take 3 days off school like!

might order some of that vitargo, no sugar!

might order some of that vitargo, no sugar!

Yah it's mad stuff... malted barley starch. Like drinking paste!

dya feel much of a difference from it like?

dya feel much of a difference from it like?

It's malted barley startch.... no!! It's just a carb source for post workout like. I don't "feel" anything after it. It's not a stimulant like.

i didnt mean a rush, i meant like does it fill you up like a sandwhich would?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

I'm just after ordering 22lbs waxy maize and 22lbs whey isolate from bulkpowders. Simplicity is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Seeing as how what I know about good supplements could be written on the back of a stamp I thought it would be best to ask some of the people here before parting with my cash.

I'm of average build, not overweight looking and would like to accomplish the usual goals of building muscle, toning up a bit and shedding the small bit of pudge in the belly area.

I'm fitness-savvy enough to know that most of my goals are going to be achieved through good diet and exercise and supplements are just a small helper so with that in mind would I be right in thinking that the supplements I should own/be taking would be:

Casein Protein
    Whey Protein
    A multi-vitamin supplement
    Amino acid caps
    Green Tea caps

If anyone feels like recommending any products for the above or just in general I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks for any help/advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

to be honest, all of the above ;) casein is good for the night. whey protein in the morning and straight after workout. vitamins ? u need them more than GDA (however, fruits and vegs are better). amino acids - helpful when mass building as well as when reducing. green tea is good for metabolism. however if you have for exaple Nitroprogen from Trec - a protein premix of whey concentrate, whey hydrolysate, egg protein, casein and l-glutamine peptide - u have it all in one + you have a lot of amono acids and do not need to refill them. as long as your diet is well balanced - u have enough of BCAAs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Just a heads up, just got an email there from Myprotein to say shipping to ireland is now reduced to £4.95 - good news :) I have to say, fair play to them, as it is the second time in the past year or so that it has been reduced, I wonder if it is anything to do with the increased volume of trade coming from this country meaning they can get a better deal with courier companies??

Has anyone tried the nuts? They seem a little pricey compared to tesco tbh, but that's probably because Tesco are pretty cheap and hard to beat I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

alder wrote: »
    casein is good for the night. whey protein in the morning and straight after workout.
    Buying just one protein will be cheaper, both due to buying in bigger packets (cheaper per gram) and the fact casein is more expensive anyway. If you mix whey protein with milk it mimics the slow release effect of casein, but at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

rubadub wrote: »
    Buying just one protein will be cheaper, both due to buying in bigger packets (cheaper per gram) and the fact casein is more expensive anyway. If you mix whey protein with milk it mimics the slow release effect of casein, but at a fraction of the price.

does the whey not still digest at the same rate though? I always thought the advantage of having whey and milk was the that you have 2 proteins that digest at different rates giving a more tapered amount of protein going into you?

On a side note I got my delivery on myprotein this morning, seriously the day they reduce the rates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

milk doesn't contain 1 protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anyone tried the nuts? They seem a little pricey compared to tesco tbh, but that's probably because Tesco are pretty cheap and hard to beat I'd imagine!
    They are actually close to price of tescos unsalted non-cooking nuts. The cheap ones in tesco are the ready salted peanuts (cheaper than pet shops:eek:). The cashews (roast & salted) are a good price but the ones comparable to the myprotein ones can be expensive. Baking sections have raw unsalted nuts but some say they are not as good quality, I find them OK. If buying in bulk myprotein is probably cheaper for the nuts, but if I have a kilo of nuts it goes as quick as a 100g bag! Dunno how they ship 26kg for £5!
    I always thought the advantage of having whey and milk was the that you have 2 proteins that digest at different rates giving a more tapered amount of protein going into you?
    Yes, that was what I was getting at. You can do without the powdered casein, just get whey, and have it with water PWO, and then with milk at night to mimic the slow release effect of casein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, that was what I was getting at. You can do without the powdered casein, just get whey, and have it with water PWO, and then with milk at night to mimic the slow release effect of casein.

The fat content of the milk slows the digestion and absorption of the whey

• Advertisement

myprotein.co.uk have dropped their shipping costs to ireland to 4.95 sterling. Just thought that was worth a shout out.

Advertisement